2015 Fall Guy

How'd that turn out (sips beer)

They didn't make the playoffs

That doesn't change the fact that being 5-5 with a relatively weak slate of games on deck, and one game out of the last playoff spot doesn't amount to failure at that point

I worry about folks that don't understand the difference

(Sips aged rum)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex, but really the PEGS for a bad hire............had a top four D, but HE (rex) was smarter....oh yeh.....so the Pegs give him another year to save face.....but, I am not expecting much, other than hot air from Rex.

Mario was miss used in Rex 3x4. but he has Made $76 mil in the last four years, and has the stones to call out REX.....he will be gone, and get his double digit sacks elsewhere in the NFL next season. Teams will be jumping over each other to sign Mario.

Maybe he was misused, but stones to call Rex out are one thing, not trying after the midpoint in the season while we are in playoff contention is quite another. Mario will perform well on another team sure, but it isn't like he was performing on this team anyway.

Edited by What a Tuel

Stones to call out Rex? LMAO. That took no stones at all.

What would have taken stones was for Mario to have played balls out the entire season in spite of being unhappy about the scheme and what he was asked to do in it.

If for no other reason than he owed it to his teammates.

GO BILLS!!!

Stones to call out Rex? LMAO. That took no stones at all.

What would have taken stones was for Mario to have played balls out the entire season in spite of being unhappy about the scheme and what he was asked to do in it.

If for no other reason than he owed it to his teammates.

GO BILLS!!!

Point taken here.....a pro is somebody who does his job no matter about how he feels that day.

I'm going to say Terry Pegula.

Because he let Kim Pegula pick the coach (I believe), and picking a coach who everyone knew would completely change a highly successful defense was irresponsible.

Rex Ryan ruined this team. He wouldn't have been able to do that, had he not been hired in the first place.

I hear it's what you believe, but why do you believe it?

I think Rex charmed everyone, especially Russ Brandon who eventually sold the Pegulas. I even think he turned Whaley, who ought to have known better.

I hear it's what you believe, but why do you believe it?

I think Rex charmed everyone, especially Russ Brandon who eventually sold the Pegulas. I even think he turned Whaley, who ought to have known better.

Perhaps I'm blinded by my adoration for Whaley. I think the guy is going to be a fantastic GM and he's done a lot of great things. I'm not sure if we'll ever really know how it went down, but I have a difficult time believing that Whaley was on board with Rex coming in. Whaley built that defense and he's smart enough to know that bringing in Rex would very likely destroy what he built.

2015- Danny Crossman

2016- Dennis Thurman

2017- Rex Ryan

Imo

Leroi, you may be right here, but when did you turn from "reborn" to this prediction? Or, more clearly, what were the events after the hire of Rex that turned you?

Perhaps I'm blinded by my adoration for Whaley. I think the guy is going to be a fantastic GM and he's done a lot of great things. I'm not sure if we'll ever really know how it went down, but I have a difficult time believing that Whaley was on board with Rex coming in. Whaley built that defense and he's smart enough to know that bringing in Rex would very likely destroy what he built.

You're correct, Whaley should have seen that, but I think it very likely that Rex laid on the "I'm a football guy, not a scheme guy" plausibly and thick with examples and possibly with empathy for any quandries Whaley faced trying to stock the cupboard for Marrone, and Whaley was persuaded. I think everybody is guilty of falling for Rex. Why blame the woman?

"fool me once....:"

Edited by Hopeful

Leroi, you may be right here, but when did you turn from "reborn" to this prediction? Or, more clearly, what were the events after the hire of Rex that turned you?

My response was who, I think, the fall guy will be.

I have not turned on anything, it seems as if your grasping for support.

Imo