2015 Fall Guy

In case the playoff drought continues through 2015, I imagine there will be a sacrificial goat to be had. At this point in the year, I've heard and seen people calling for Rex, Taylor, Roman and even Thurman to be axed. So if the failure continues, who will bare the load and in doing so, lose their position. Or will staff and roster remain in tact?

I say Sanjay Lal will be the fall guy. Given the lack of production at the WR position, and the need to shake something up on offense, he is my goat.

(All entries hypothetical since we know we are SB 50 bound!)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case the playoff drought continues through 2015, I imagine there will be a sacrificial goat to be had. At this point in the year, I've heard and seen people calling for Rex, Taylor, Roman and even Thurman to be axed. So if the failure continues, who will bare the load and in doing so, lose their position. Or will staff and roster remain in tact?

I say Sanjay Lal will be the fall guy. Given the lack of production at the WR position, and the need to shake something up on offense, he is my goat.

There shouldn't be a "fall guy". This was an expected 8-8, 9-7 (barring serious injuries) team heading into the 2015 season.

AlwaysBilleve? Guess Not. :lol:

Danny Crossman. Holdover from the last staff, fumbles and penalties have plagued the return and coverage units.

Don't you want to see another whole year of two yard punt returns?

There shouldn't be a "fall guy". This was an expected 8-8, 9-7 (barring serious injuries) team heading into the 2015 season.

As a fan, are you content with the coaching staff as is?

I thought it was going to be Whaley, although drafting Darby and Williams in the most recent draft may save him.

The problem is that there are no easy fixes this offseason. We will have a number of free agents (Glenn, Incognito and Bradham) and unlike past offseasons, we will not have much cap flexibility. Combine this with more than a few needs, and I think we will have a hard time addressing all of our holes.

Wait..."should the failure continue"?

They're 5-5 and currently hold the 6th playoff spot.

They play a bunch of mediocre-to-lousy teams down the stretch, and need to go 4-2 to make the postseason.

Sounds like failure to me!

In all fairness, I read the "failure" to be the playoff drought, not the current state of the team.

They play a bunch of mediocre-to-lousy teams down the stretch, and need to go 4-2 to make the postseason.

The timing of this thread given the scenario in front of the team is a head scratcher for me. dunno.gif

The timing of this thread given the scenario in front of the team is a head scratcher for me. dunno.gif

Well, this is the time of year when the Bills have come up small 15 years in a row. Their motto could be "Expect Failure". So, feeling like they are going to seize the day doesn't necessarily come easy.

Was it expected when Rex was signed that they'd be average? When McCoy, Clay, and Hughes were acquired/re-signed did fans think that they'd be average? Did 60k ST's get sold thinking the team was average? Most likely not.

No playoffs = failure.

And they don't have the 6th spot. KC holds the tiebreaker.

Per ESPN, Kansas City "Wins tie break over Buffalo and Houston based on best win percentage in conference games."

Was it expected when Rex was signed that they'd be average? When McCoy, Clay, and Hughes were acquired/re-signed did fans think that they'd be average? Did 60k ST's get sold thinking the team was average? Most likely not.

No playoffs = failure.

And they don't have the 6th spot. KC holds the tiebreaker.

Per ESPN, Kansas City "Wins tie break over Buffalo and Houston based on best win percentage in conference games."

Ok, they control their own fate for the 6th spot.

Beat KC and they're squarely in the driver's seat, needing only win 3 of their last 5 with a home game against Houston and match ups against Phi, Wash, and Dallas (all losing teams) on the docket.

And I still am totally confused as to why the current administration, in place since 2013, shoulders the blame for everything that's happened since 2000