CTE Discovered in Frank Gifford's Brain

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He missed a couple of seasons of game action after being knocked cold by Chuck Bednarik.

It's the last play on this clip. Starts around 124 seconds in. People thought he was dead on the field.

He missed the rest of the season and the entire following season. He got absolutely crushed.

He also lived to 84. Older than any of my family ever have.

who'd they play for?

Giff was a pretty cool guy. Anyone who has read Exley's A Fan's Notes probably has an appreciation for his legacy.

:thumbsup: my brother-in-law gave me that book after i told him how i was thrown out of the Peking Duck Bar and Restaurant for yelling - to no one in particular - about the hosing Bum Philips' Oilers were getting during their AFC championship game with the Steelers in '79!

Edited by BackInDaDay

who'd they play for?

:thumbsup: my brother-in-law gave me that book after i told him how i was thrown out of the Peking Duck Bar and Restaurant for yelling - to no one in particular - about the hosing Bum Philips' Oilers were getting during their AFC championship game with the Steelers in '79!

They didn't play for anyone, that's my point. The dude lived to 84, and had an amazing life. Who wouldn't take that? Aside from being married to Kathie Lee.