I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

This thread is hilarious at this point. The Bills are 9th in the league in points now. The Bills have finished in the top 10 in points scored only two other times since 1993. And Taylor's QB rating this season is the best in franchise history.

So I assume you think he's better than Kelly, Ferguson, and Kemp; given the statistics you're citing?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I assume you think he's better than Kelly, Ferguson, and Kemp; given the statistics you're citing?

The flipside of the argument is that since the thread title is "Tyrod sucks," his peer group should be Joe Marangi, Bruce Mathison, Vince Ferragamo, Willie Totten, Joe Dufek, Matt Robinson and the usual cast of suspects from the last 20 years.

This thread is hilarious at this point. The Bills are 9th in the league in points now. The Bills have finished in the top 10 in points scored only two other times since 1993. And Taylor's QB rating this season is the best in franchise history.

The Bills also have 3 non-offense TD's scored as well.

At this point QB rating isn't something I take solace in becauseTaylor is limited when his first option is removed and the offense struggles. In fact, when he is asked to pass more than 25 times per game the Bills are 2-4.

I expect more from a guy who's apprenticed for 4 years and has a half season of starts under his belt.

Funny that, but you were (and probably still are) in agreement with me the other day in regards to some specific TT criticism.

I am, but I fail to see a logical connection between Tom Brady having one uncharacteristic bad game and literally anything else.

I doubt he does, but he sure as hell ain't Holcomb and Trent.

I don't think anyone thinks that (although Joe Ferguson wasn't that good, he was just durable). In another post you say something about "if you think Taylor is so good..." I don't think anyone thinks he's "so good." All anyone is saying is that he's better than expected, he's already a middle-of-the-pack starting NFL QB and he's better than what we've had in some time (which isn't saying much if anything). You're creating a straw man who is going around saying that Taylor is some sort of savior when no one is saying that. I think we'd probably agree as far as how good Taylor is!

At this point QB rating isn't something I take solace in becauseTaylor is limited when his first option is removed and the offense struggles. In fact, when he is asked to pass more than 25 times per game the Bills are 2-4.

I expect more from a guy who's apprenticed for 4 years and has a half season of starts under his belt.

You expected more out of a sixth round pick who has played nine games? That is insane. And every team has non offensive TD's, that doesn't mean anything at all. Guys, anyone who is disappointed in what we've gotten from the QB position this year simply doesn't remember where their head was at in, say, May. Everyone should be disappointed in the coaching and the defense.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

The Bills always get some defensive/ST TDs. Every team does. The last time the Bills finished in the top 10 in points - 2004 - they had 8 defensive and ST TDs.

Edited by dave mcbride

lol not so fast...you gotta read the negative crap John "spews" about EJ

THANK YOU i was just about to ask was that coveraged extended to cover everyones favorite whipping boy EJ? If it werent for EJ some of these threads wouldnt ne as long. Let me ask this... has anyone had someone crammed down their throat so much you are starting to hate them thats where i am with tyrod. Whenhe came i told my dad he was probably gonna be our starter. But the fact of the matter is he has NOT proven to be a long term QB i feel like he and EJ can be a good 1 2 punch. They are 25-26 with a combined 7 years in the league. This is what we ave this syear boys. We should have won with EJ. He was better than he was last year and the year prior. And tyrod is going to get better

.. i think. If whaley and them dont think so. Maybe JUST maybe they will make a change. Both qbs left everything they have on the field and are not hotdogs. Lets let it play out.

Tyrod does not suck IMHO.

However, I do think he should sweet talk EJ into giving him Steve DeBerg's phone number so he can work on pocket presence/awareness in the off season. He also needs to learn to step into the pocket.

In yesterday's game it looked to me like he had good protection. But he wants to hold onto the football too long. Once the pocket starts to break down he bails and runs to the sidelines. Several times yesterday when the pass rushers started to get to him from the defensive ends, there was nice clean pocket in front of him to step into and get a little more time. He didn't do that. Instead he tried to fish hook out and run to the sidelines.

If Drew Brees is not too short to work from the pocket then neither is EJ. He just needs Steve or somebody to work with him on working in the pocket. Tyrod is certainly accurate enough.

More useless passing completion stats.

The stats I LOVED - multiple passes deep to Sammy and scoring TD's in the 1st half

The stats I HATED - NOT passing deep to Sammy and scoring TD's in the 2nd half

The stats I HATED even more were multiple fumbles.

And why did EJ get brought up?

TT is playing not EJ. Please speculate on what you see on the field during the game each week.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The stats I LOVED was passing deep to Sammy and scoring TD's in the 1st half

The stats I HATED was him NOT passing deep to Sammy and scoring TD's in the 2nd half

TT is playing not EJ. Please speculate on what you see on the field during the game each week.

It's every Church of Latter Day Tyrods member's argument ... "he's better than EJ!!!!"

Because he's the only other option at QB. Use your brains.

But the conversation is to discuss whether or not Tyrod Taylor sucks.

The conversation is not to discuss whether we'd be better off with EJ Manuel.

I'm wicked smaht.

I'm wicked smaht.

The conversation is over because deal with it, TyGod is the best we got.

How'd ya like dem apples?

The stats I LOVED - multiple passes deep to Sammy and scoring TD's in the 1st half

If this was a 1st round rookie QB we would be giving him the key to the city....instead because he is "experienced rookie" its not good enough......go figure

And just because you choose to ignore him being in the top 5 of several NFL QB status doesnt make them useless......it makes your take worthless.

Technically....if TT drops the ball and gets it back himself......its not a fumble

Beats me

This last week a saw a QB....on the road....in bad weather......against a top NFL defense......play well enough to win.

Defense lost it.

If this was a 1st round rookie QB we would be giving him the key to the city....instead because he is "experienced rookie" its not good enough......go figure

And just because you choose to ignore him being in the top 5 of several NFL QB status doesnt make them useless......it makes your take worthless.

Technically....if TT drops the ball and gets it back himself......its not a fumble

Beats me

This last week a saw a QB....on the road....in bad weather......against a top NFL defense......play well enough to win.

Defense lost it.

22 points is well enough to win? Maybe in Buffalo. Or not.

It's every Church of Latter Day Tyrods member's argument ... "he's better than EJ!!!!"

LMAO.

He's good, he's mediocre and he's done some bad. Sounds like EJ but better coached for 5 seasons.

I'm wicked smaht.

and 100% correct. This is about TT not EJ.