I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

Experience talkin' right there Brother Tom.

Crunching numbers and takin" names!

ouija board? or the magic 8 ball?

: )

Oh, I'm pretty sure there's some sort of 8-ball involved.

The mere existence of this thread is the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this board.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experience talkin' right there Brother Tom.

Crunching numbers and takin" names!

ouija board? or the magic 8 ball?

OK, maybe Josh McCown. Or Luke McCown. Every new year means a new aging journeyman QB ...

I watched Tyrod and Osweiler yesterday. Here's the main difference I see (and no, it isn't about a foot of height): Osweiler ran a full, complex playbook. He looked in control. He didn't always throw to his first read. And most importantly, he had the football sense -- and guts-- to call audibles. The 40 yard game winning CJ Anderson sweep was a play Osweiler changed at the line. I'm concerned that Tyrod isn't really progressing in that way. He's been fine, but I don't see him gaining skill/confidence in that manner.

OK, maybe Josh McCown. Or Luke McCown. Every new year means a new aging journeyman QB ...

I watched Tyrod and Osweiler yesterday. Here's the main difference I see (and no, it isn't about a foot of height): Osweiler ran a full, complex playbook. He looked in control. He didn't always throw to his first read. And most importantly, he had the football sense -- and guts-- to call audibles. The 40 yard game winning CJ Anderson sweep was a play Osweiler changed at the line. I'm concerned that Tyrod isn't really progressing in that way. He's been fine, but I don't see him gaining skill/confidence in that manner.

I read that today about Osweiler calling that play.

He did a nice job. Did you see the note that Peyton told him what he was seeing at the half time break?

I dont see Tyrod doing that either , agreed .

But can he? i dont know that.

Quite possibly the dumbest thread ever -- or at least in a long while.

and yet you participate still

:flirt:

for Tom its par for the coarse to call us all idiots ( he might have a point btw)

for you to call us out....

He did a nice job. Did you see the note that Peyton told him what he was seeing at the half time break?

It may be that he can, but that they don't let him. We see really simple pass patterns -- where are the "rub" plays everyone else seems to be running? There may have been a few with Clay that I remember, but never have they tried to free up Sammy on something like that. It looks like Tyrod is still running a simplified passing playbook - not only does he not like to thrown to the middle of the field, it's also that they don't design plays for that. I'll ascribe that to Roman and risk aversion, built around the (increasingly false) idea that our dominating defense can carry us. So I still have faith in Tyrod. I don't think he's by any means a franchise QB in the making, but maybe a solid top 15 guy who may have a career year some day? Sure. But he needs to start turning the corner now as he finishes his first year as a starter.

and yet you participate still

:flirt:

for Tom its par for the coarse to call us all idiots ( he might have a point btw)

for you to call us out....

The thread is nuts because of its very premise: the qb sucks despite having an objectively good season that has been better than anyone here ever expected--and the best season by a bills' qb this millennium (even though he has notable flaws).

Brighter guy?

what makes you say that.

I'm basing it on emotional intelligence. Tyrod seems to be a guy who has it together, Kap doesn't. Some anecdotal evidence which I'm not going to bother with. JMO.Also development is a sign of the ability to learn. Kap has not shown the ability to learn from mistakes. Taylor has gone from a low draft choice to a pretty good place.

Edited by The Thurmanator

The thread is nuts because of its very premise: the qb sucks despite having an objectively good season that has been better than anyone here ever expected--and the best season by a bills' qb this millennium (even though he has notable flaws).

He passes the stats test but fails the eyeball test

Well, yes he's been better than expected. And yes, the bar has been set pretty low. But ...

... Bledsoe 2002 and 2004: 8-8 in 2002, and ran off 6 wins in a row in 2004, finishing 9-7. Last I checked Tyrod is stuck at 2 in a row. Lower QB rating than Tyrod, but that's the era. Tyrod has a ways to go to even get to Bledsoe's level.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Well, yes he's been better than expected. And yes, the bar has been set pretty low. But ...

... Bledsoe 2002 and 2004: 8-8 in 2002, and ran off 6 wins in a row in 2004, finishing 9-7. Last I checked Tyrod is stuck at 2 in a row. Lower QB rating than Tyrod, but that's the era. Tyrod has a ways to go to even get to Bledsoe's level.

They are just completely different type of quarterbacks

Why does every Bills QB have to be so polarizing? I thought it was just an EJ thing. EJ sucked plain as day but there was a fringe contingent that insisted "we couldn't know yet" and he had this magical upside because he is tall or something. Now, Taylor is a decent starting NFL QB, most everyone agrees with this, no one is deeming him the answer yet but that same fringe contingent is at it in full force once again, this time insisting that he sucks. You would think that everyone could just agree that the guy has exceeded most expectations, he's got some pretty damn good numbers, maybe needs to be more decisive and the jury is still out. I think 99% of us would agree on all that. What are people even arguing about?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Why does every Bills QB have to be so polarizing? I thought it was just an EJ thing. EJ sucked plain as day but there was a fringe contingent that insisted "we couldn't know yet" and he had this magical upside because he is tall or something. Now, Taylor is a decent starting NFL QB, most everyone agrees with this, no one is deeming him the answer yet but that same fringe contingent is at it in full force once again, this time insisting that he sucks. You would think that everyone could just agree that the guy has exceeded most expectations, he's got some pretty damn good numbers, maybe needs to be more decisive and the jury is still out. I think 99% of us would agree on all that. What are people even arguing about?

You let me know next time you see him reading the field. He is a one read quarterback.

I think the problem is the "Tyrod sucks" title. I take that to mean "Tyrod is not a franchise QB" so I'm not all bent out of shape about it. He's been o.k., even pretty good. Ryan Tannehill, Teddy Bridgewater, Kirk Cousins, maybe Blake Bortles if we look at him in the most favorable light -- that kind of "pretty good." Some of those guys, their teams think they're franchise QBs. They're probably not. Same here.