I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

I think the problem is the "Tyrod sucks" title. I take that to mean "Tyrod is not a franchise QB" so I'm not all bent out of shape about it. He's been o.k., even pretty good. Ryan Tannehill, Teddy Bridgewater, Kirk Cousins, maybe Blake Bortles if we look at him in the most favorable light -- that kind of "pretty good." Some of those guys, their teams think they're franchise QBs. They're probably not. Same here.

To me that is the huge problem

"EJ Sucks" I take that to mean.....someone thinks he sucks. Tyrod Taylor does NOT suck.....when a QB is of starting caliber...that does not mean that they are a franchise QB....it means they are not a backup...it means that he sits in a group of qbs that are worthy of starting....but not a upper echelon type QB

That is is where Tyrod sits for now.....and all the disecting the hell out of his weaknesses is not going to change that becuase there simply is not enough "starting qbs" or "pretty good" qbs to go around for 32 nfl teams

We some some pretty bad qbing tonight on Monday Night Football...that was a good example

If someone wants to say "Tyrod Taylor is not a franchise QB"....a statement like that will draw a lot less anguish from me because that may well be true

Tyrod Taylor is a good QB who might still have some "ceiling" left to him

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be that he can, but that they don't let him. We see really simple pass patterns -- where are the "rub" plays everyone else seems to be running? There may have been a few with Clay that I remember, but never have they tried to free up Sammy on something like that. It looks like Tyrod is still running a simplified passing playbook - not only does he not like to thrown to the middle of the field, it's also that they don't design plays for that. I'll ascribe that to Roman and risk aversion, built around the (increasingly false) idea that our dominating defense can carry us. So I still have faith in Tyrod. I don't think he's by any means a franchise QB in the making, but maybe a solid top 15 guy who may have a career year some day? Sure. But he needs to start turning the corner now as he finishes his first year as a starter.

I agree with the above.

Actually thought the tosses to Watkins were a big leap of faith by Roman. And Tyrod.

Lets hope we see continuous improvement and this isn't his ceiling, as some my suggest.

The thread is nuts because of its very premise: the qb sucks despite having an objectively good season that has been better than anyone here ever expected--and the best season by a bills' qb this millennium (even though he has notable flaws).

We are a messed up fanbase !

We have already fired the whole team and staff twice, ten games in :w00t:

I'm basing it on emotional intelligence. Tyrod seems to be a guy who has it together, Kap doesn't. Some anecdotal evidence which I'm not going to bother with. JMO.Also development is a sign of the ability to learn. Kap has not shown the ability to learn from mistakes. Taylor has gone from a low draft choice to a pretty good place.

I respect your opinion. I just dont follow other teams much :thumbsup:

You know what's stupid? Scoring 10 and 13 points through the air per game. And then acting like the guy is our savior

He threw for three TD's on Sunday with no picks. Pretty good for a guy who sucks.

On the other hand, anyone who thinks ESPN's Total QBR is worth anything shouldn't be spouting off either. TQBR isn't worth a bucket of warm ****.

And why is that? It is based on statistics and a scientific formula. What is your opinion based on? Show me some comparative analysis that proves your point.

Yet I (and many TBDers I suspect) would trade Tyrod heads up for any one of the guys you mentioned.

That's because many TBD'ers wouldn't know a football if it bit them.

Edited by xsoldier54

I am a Bills fan. Just tired of the losing.

​From what I have seen, Taylor locks onto his primary receiver and does not see the field. So basically it comes down to either throwing it to the primary or checking it down, which is basically what he does.

​But recently I did some research on Kaepernick, and it is evident that he is atleast somewhat better in this area (of mental skill)

Spectacular at 5-6....

Again, for about the millionth time, Taylor is doing exactly what is asked of him. The play calling has limited his production, yet he is still ranked 7th in the league. Blame Roman if you want to, but Tyrod has not been the reason this team is 5-6.

898 replies to a pure opinion post presented as fact (very common around these parts) declaring that a QB who is by far our best prospect at the position since Kelly 'sucks.'

I honestly used to think Bills fans were a bit smarter overall than other fan bases. Definitely more loyal, but smarter as well. It's just not true, unfortunately. The blatant stupidity that rages on this board is incredible. And also embarrassing that many posters here call themselves fellow Bills fans. This place has become more for spewing irrational garbage and baseless venting than engaging in stimulating discussion about the NFL and the Bills.

I hope Roman and Tyrod have taken note of what Alex Smith did.

Great game manager : )

Roman did have AS before they dumped him for Kap. What a mistake.

Here's another stat for you. Tyrod Taylor is ranked 7th in the league according to ESPN's Total QB rating. He is ahead of Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, and a host of others. Anyone who believes that he is not a starting NFL caliber QB should look at the stats of the other QB's in the league before spouting off. Yesterday he threw 3 TD's with no picks and this nonsense goes on ad infinitum. I am seriously doubting some of my fellow Bills fans football IQ.

Yes, how dumb of us to say that TT is a far better QB than Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Cam Newton

oye

You know what's stupid? Scoring 10 and 13 points through the air per game. And then acting like the guy is our savior

but yards and passer rating matter!!!!

To me that is the huge problem

"EJ Sucks" I take that to mean.....someone thinks he sucks. Tyrod Taylor does NOT suck.....when a QB is of starting caliber...that does not mean that they are a franchise QB....it means they are not a backup...it means that he sits in a group of qbs that are worthy of starting....but not a upper echelon type QB

That is is where Tyrod sits for now.....and all the disecting the hell out of his weaknesses is not going to change that becuase there simply is not enough "starting qbs" or "pretty good" qbs to go around for 32 nfl teams

We some some pretty bad qbing tonight on Monday Night Football...that was a good example

If someone wants to say "Tyrod Taylor is not a franchise QB"....a statement like that will draw a lot less anguish from me because that may well be true

Tyrod Taylor is a good QB who might still have some "ceiling" left to him

I really don't want to discuss EJ but some people make it difficult.

You want to say EJ sucks then to so does TT to some extent.

Did EJ have proper coaching like TT has? I say no.

Did EJ have Shady and Karlos in the backfield most of the time? I say no.

-------CJ never lived up to his hype and as much as I love Fred, he had injuries as well keeping him off of the field.

Both were getting 3 sacks per game on average.

Which QB had/has the better Oline? I say TT does.

EJ with moron coaches and no consistent stud RB 22.2 ppg

TT with proper coaches and a consistent stud RB 23.78 ppg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

-------CJ never lived up to his hype and as much as I love Fred, he had injuries as well keeping him off of the field.

You raise a good point about coaching/grooming. TT had several years to watch and learn from a super bowl winner. If someone really has talent that can accelerate their development...Rodgers in green bay, and now looks like Brock in Denver. This excuse about only "x" starts we keep hearing is poor. Edited by JTSP

He did when he **** the bed against Jax.

EJ sucked no matter the coaching.

Edited by FireChan

No Sammy though who as we've seen is the only quality WR we have

Did you forget the EJ trashers blame EJ for Sammy getting hurt in the endzone.

WRT JAX and the hole EJ had dug himself out of . What RB fumbled at the JAX 3 and gave up 7 points? GAME clincher.

Who had a multiple INT game in week 2 against the Patriots that LOST the Bills the game?

Who fumbled 3 times (twice on 1 play) in the KC game that LOST the Bills the game?

What RB fumbled and gave up 7 points? Fumble at KC 34.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Did you forget the EJ trashers blame EJ for Sammy getting hurt in the endzone.

Who had a multiple INT game in week 2 against the Patriots that LOST the Bills the game?

Who fumbled 3 times (twice on 1 play) in the KC game that LOST the Bills the game?

That was a joke.

The QB that also threw for 3 TD's in both those games. Has EJ ever thrown 3 TD's in a game? No.

TT didn't give the Pats or Chiefs 21 points in 1 minute. He wins.

Edited by FireChan

They are just completely different type of quarterbacks

Bledsoe was below average in 2004. The reasons the Bills went 9-7 were an easy schedule, a second ranked defense, and 8 defensive and ST TDs--not Drew Bledsoe. Wins and losses are a bad way to judge Bledsoe's performance, who was a very disappointing player.

Bledsoe was below average in 2004. The reasons the Bills went 9-7 were an easy schedule, a second ranked defense, and 8 defensive and ST TDs--not Drew Bledsoe. Wins and losses are a bad way to judge Bledsoe's performance, who was a very disappointing player.

He was OK and it was worth the gamble, but IMO he was never the same post-injury. His throwing motion was slingy looking making him prone to short sliders, and he wouldn't stand as long in the pocket and take a hit to make a completion

You let me know next time you see him reading the field. He is a one read quarterback.

I'm convinced that ^this is something folks say when they're not really sure what it is they want to criticize about a QB. I say that because it's simply not true most of the time.

For example:

http://www.highlighthub.com/tyrod-taylor-finds-karlos-williams-for-touchdown-on-tnf-gif/

1st read: Clay

2nd read: Sammy

3rd read: Karlos for the TD

If we're picking apart Tyrod's game, which is reasonable to do, then the first place to start is his relative inability to see the middle of the field. It bears itself out on seam routes, crossing routes, and inward-breaking hot routes that it feels like he hasn't thrown one of all season (I realize he has, it's just so uncommon for him).

The second thing that he needs to do more reliably is learn to climb the pocket to safety. Teams are really pushing the edges to keep him from breaking outside, which is leaving a lot of space inside for him to step up; he hasn't been taking it reliably. I'd also like to see him take off and run up the middle on occasion to exploit it.

There are times when he does stare down his primary target, and other times when he makes a few reads.

Taylor has some holes in his game for sure, but the guy still only has nine starts under his belt. Like all players starting their first season he needs more time to develop.

I've watched this young man have some good one half of games, and at some point he should put it all together to have some really good complete games.

All Bills fans really should be excited from what they are seeing this very inexperienced player do at times. JMO

At this point I think I'm far, far more disappointed in the defensive scheme then I am the Bills QB. Game after game no pressure on the QB with a chosen cover over pressure scheme,save the one game against the Patriots! The Bills are 30th now in sacks, sack percentage, and QB hurries. Any NFL QB given enough time will pick any defensive secondary apart. Rex Ryan took the #1 sacking team in the league, #4 overall in total defense, and turned them into the 20th ranked defense. Can you say George Edwards- Dave Wannstedt stupid bad :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::bag: