I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

He's still a "rookie" starter and has shown more than many do. However, he has to learn to see the field better and find secondary receivers. That appears to be his biggest problem right now. It may never be fixed but, again, it's early.,

Agreed. But I would much prefer a young guy going out there and slinging it to make big plays and terrible plays (like Bortles) than I would a play-it-safe guy. Tyrod does chuck it deep down the sideline pretty often and with some success so that is good...but he's afraid to go over the middle and generally afraid to take a game over w/ his arm.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still better than EJ, still the best QB on the roster, but he surely isn't the long term answer at QB.

I really wanted to believe, but he is another checkdown or scramble guy that can't consistently read the defense and throw down the field.

It's frustrating.

Totally agree. Great athlete, but cannot throw from the pocket and does not have the durability to survive as a full time QB. Would be a good back up, but the Bills better try and get busy about finding a starter.................

Agreed. But I would much prefer a young guy going out there and slinging it to make big plays and terrible plays (like Bortles) than I would a play-it-safe guy. Tyrod does chuck it deep down the sideline pretty often and with some success so that is good...but he's afraid to go over the middle and generally afraid to take a game over w/ his arm.

I agree with this perspective. The issue is the same thing we saw with EJ. No, I'm not saying EJ would have been better if we let him loose his first two season. I'm saying that regardless of who the QB is, everyone is going to call for their head after a bad game, even if they are a rookie. Rookies will get the benefit of the doubt for so long before they are dubbed a bust and bills fans aren't going to sit idly by like Jags are with Bortles.

I agree with this perspective. The issue is the same thing we saw with EJ. No, I'm not saying EJ would have been better if we let him loose his first two season. I'm saying that regardless of who the QB is, everyone is going to call for their head after a bad game, even if they are a rookie. Rookies will get the benefit of the doubt for so long before they are dubbed a bust and bills fans aren't going to sit idly by like Jags are with Bortles.

But this is not his first bad game. He has probably played two complete games this year and in the remaining games, has looked lost for several quarters. I would like to have seen some improvement but against the Pats*, with little pressure in his face, he was staring down receivers and looking generally indecisive. Several throws were off the mark even when not pressured. Not a good sign.

But this is not his first bad game. He has probably played two complete games this year and in the remaining games, has looked lost for several quarters. I would like to have seen some improvement but against the Pats*, with little pressure in his face, he was staring down receivers and looking generally indecisive. Several throws were off the mark even when not pressured. Not a good sign.

I know it's not. That's kind of the point. He's had enough bad games to start questioning his ability is my point. It doesn't take a whole season for most fans to do it. Imagine if Mariotta or Winston was play the way they are on the Bills. I doubt most would say "give him time to develop". They would already be calling them a bust.

Edited by The Wiz

I know it's not. That's kind of the point. He's had enough bad games to start questioning his ability is my point. It doesn't take a whole season for most fans to do it. Imagine if Mariotta or Winston was play the way they are on the Bills. I doubt most would say "give him time to develop". They would already be calling them a bust.

I would bet anything the idjits on Bucs and Titans boards, on alternate weeks, are saying the same things about Winston and Marriota now.

We're most likely going to lose to KC. They have the perfect defense to stop the run and pressure the QB. Dare the QB to beat with quick reads in the center of the field and keep them honest with deep threats. What Taylor can't do. Add to it being a .500 team, and he hasn't beaten one at .500 or better, and we're looking at a loss that puts a dent in our WC chances and turmoil at QB position

I would bet anything the idjits on Bucs and Titans boards, on alternate weeks, are saying the same things about Winston and Marriota now.

I have no doubt about that either. My point was that there are still people willing to accept they might need to grow as opposed to what we see here most of the time.

John, not this again

IIRC in same game Tannehill had 17 straight pass completions.

Also

In a two game stretch -

Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill sets NFL record with 25 straight completions

Facing the Texans Tannehill completed his first 18 passes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25353208/dolphins-ryan-tannehill-sets-nfl-record-with-25-consecutive-completions

That is an accomplishment you boast about.

I like Tyrod, he just isn't one of the top 10 passer in the league with 20 or more passes in a game over half a season

edit --

continued

Let me try to show you the fault once again in the stats with a small sample size.

Player ATT COMP PCT YDS LNG RATING

Cecil Shorts 1 1 100 21 21 158.3

Kellen Clemens 6 5 83.3 63 19 150

Matt Moore 1 1 100 14 4 118.8

Are these guys honestly the top 3 passers in the league?

WHO DO YOU INSIST ON USING OTHER ASPECTS TO TRY TO EVALUATE Tyrod Taylors game

It is what Tyrod does not what SOME OTHER FUKIN QUARTER BACK DOES

When you look at the Texans QB's in Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, TJ Yates and then consider their OC is George Godsey.

Now come to the realization that Tyrod Taylor is probably better then those three combined, and yet basically ignores Sammy Watkins over Chris Hogan, Charles Clay almost every game like last years QB, and coaches did. Just look at what Houston manages to do each week with DeAndre Hopkins in making him the focal point of their passing attack. Hopkins is seeing 11 to 22 targets a game and because of that he is the #3 receiver in the league right now with 76 rec for 1045 yards, 9 TD's.

I'll hazard a guess, and say that every Bills fan out there thinks Sammy Watkins has more potential then Hopkins.

What we don't know is if this is Taylor being safe with the ball, and not throwing into tight coverage while trying to complete the "safe" passes. Or is this by the instruction of the coaching staff to just manage the game, and play if safe.

Either way the Bills need to open up the offense like they did this week with the defense, and go for broke. Throw to Sammy at least 12 times, and see what happens

I want Sammy to get the ball more, too. I think it's criminally negligent. That said, the Bills offense was built, from scratch, around Sammy, Percy Harvin, and Robert Woods, with high priced TE Clay and high priced workhorse Shady. From day one the coaches said that some games Sammy was not get the ball and other games Percy or Clay or Shady wouldn't get it much.

Roman built the offense around the fact that we had five skill players that all had a lot of talent. The defense couldn't possibly devote enough resources to cover them all. The QB, Tyrod won the job, would look at the defense and decide pretty much beforehand who he was going to go to based on the playcall. The one guy that was single covered.

We never really had all of our players healthy but we never changed that concept when Hogan or Karlos came in. Karlos immediately became another huge threat. Harvin went down but we still had 5 guys that we want to get the ball to. Roman has not changed this at all, and that's why you hear what Tyrod said today in his press conference. This is the way the offense was always supposed to be and has been. And there have been plays to be made every game.

I think they need to tweak it to some degree and get the damn ball to Sammy but that is the reason you see what you see. It's also why you see TT staring guys down or just looking to one side of the field a lot.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Not to agree or disagree, but to be fair to tyrod - he does drive the ball down the field a lot more. Tannehill doesn't throw more than 3 or 4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Sorry but you gave me apples in return for oranges. I do not believe I said anything of % ratio

TT throwing only 12 to 20 passes in games does not exactly relate to Tannehill throwing 17 and 18 straight on short routes.

The sats that I showed for the passer who was 5 of 6 has a 150 rating. should he be considered #2 in passer rating?

Show me stats of 25 passes per game and I will believe those numbers more than 15 per game

WHO DO YOU INSIST ON USING OTHER ASPECTS TO TRY TO EVALUATE Tyrod Taylors game

It is what Tyrod does not what SOME OTHER FUKIN QUARTER BACK DOES

WOW just WOW

Good sir, how are we supposed to compare him? We'll agree He's good. We'll disagree He's not great.

Listen I like Tyrod a lot... and for what we paid and where he was drafted he has exceeded expectations BY FAR... but we have some elite receiving talent that aren't getting the ball enough... we need a QB that can get these guys the ball OFTEN on a consistent basis. Of course you need to let this season play out and see if Tyrod can do this. I have always been a fan of pocket qbs ... but Rex Ryan doesn't seem to like a pocket guy so we'll see what happens. Be calm and let this season play out.. AT THE VERY LEAST the next 2 weeks. A good promising QB will play well in 2 games against mediocre defense teams that have playoff implications. Yes the Chiefs have a top 5 run defense and the Texans have a top 5 pass defense as of right now but neither are top 5 in total defense. Tyrod needs to play well in these games.

Failure to get the ball more to the WR's is not Tyrod's fault. It's the playcalling. He underthrew a couple of balls against NE, but for the most part has been very good on deep balls. He runs the plays that are called and this is a run first offense. Blame Greg Roman if you want more passing, but I'll take Tyrod over almost every QB in the division. He has played exceptionally well for the most part.

Failure to get the ball more to the WR's is not Tyrod's fault. It's the playcalling. He underthrew a couple of balls against NE, but for the most part has been very good on deep balls. He runs the plays that are called and this is a run first offense. Blame Greg Roman if you want more passing, but I'll take Tyrod over almost every QB in the division. He has played exceptionally well for the most part.

I am no expert, but I have heard that Tyrod reads half the field then takes action. Is this true or a fabrication?

If it is true and Sammy is not on the initial read he won't be looked at

if he isn't looked at, who holds the blame?

Not worried since it takes time to get better and he is the best the Bills have had, and 99% sure he will be the best the Bills will have for a while.

Everyone keeps wanting new QBs but that is the one area the Bills can't get right. Tyrod is good enough as long as the defense works... And McKelvin doesn't fumble.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I want Sammy to get the ball more, too. I think it's criminally negligent. That said, the Bills offense was built, from scratch, around Sammy, Percy Harvin, and Robert Woods, with high priced TE Clay and high priced workhorse Shady. From day one the coaches said that some games Sammy was not get the ball and other games Percy or Clay or Shady wouldn't get it much.

Roman built the offense around the fact that we had five skill players that all had a lot of talent. The defense couldn't possibly devote enough resources to cover them all. The QB, Tyrod won the job, would look at the defense and decide pretty much beforehand who he was going to go to based on the playcall. The one guy that was single covered.

We never really had all of our players healthy but we never changed that concept when Hogan or Karlos came in. Karlos immediately became another huge threat. Harvin went down but we still had 5 guys that we want to get the ball to. Roman has not changed this at all, and that's why you hear what Tyrod said today in his press conference. This is the way the offense was always supposed to be and has been. And there have been plays to be made every game.

I think they need to tweak it to some degree and get the damn ball to Sammy but that is the reason you see what you see. It's also why you see TT staring guys down or just looking to one side of the field a lot.

This is a solid take on Roman's method as applied to TT!

They need to stay the course with Tyrod. Playing and studying film are two different things. I'm giving him one more year. Draft someone in round 2 or 3 and let him sit. Id like to see them spread the field more. Let him come out throwing. Get into a rhythm. Maybe Roman knows something we don't but I think they need to be more aggressive. Get teams out of this 8-9 guys in the box.

They could have beaten NE if Tyrod makes a few throws that good QBs make all the time. One to Hogan deep, one to Sammy deep. Both for six that stand out. There where others. Tyrod isn't blameless here.