What the hell is wrong with Karlos now?

Lv-Bills

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dramatic temperature changes. Lots of different people working close to each other. That's when people start getting sick.

I'm guess some of you don't have kids, and you don't remember growing up. When one person at home gets sick, everyone gets sick and it just flows around the house. Similar in locker rooms.

My yahoo fantasy football app just downgraded his injury status to questionable. Concussion stuff? Anyone know? I can't find anything.

It is just some yahoo at Yahoo! trying to get players to change rosters to lose money in pool so yahoo can make more money.

Ignore it.

I would say it's another mystery nut surgery but he announced this week he's expecting his 4th child so that can't be it

What have you against ball implant surgery?

Some of the players need balls implanted or just need to squeeze their scrotums a bit.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/18/scrotum-squeezing-is-about-to-get-a-whole-lot-harder-for-paralympians-5510886/

Another sick guy? Enough of that already! Hope he's better than Mario was last game. A few days to go, so naturally I worry about who's next on the puke parade.

Probably the Bills fans after Monday nights game. :sick:

I've never had a flu shot and I've never had the damn flu. That crap weakens you.

Yes but you have had the crabs twice.

Calm down. It's cold and flu season if you didn't know every year since you were born. Don't you remember when Bruce Smith couldn't play in a playoff game because he had a serious bout of the flu.

This was yesterday, but unlike us schmucks, he'll get IV fluids pumped in him, B12 shots, and so on, so by Monday, he'll be fine. He may need an IV MNF, but that is not uncommon. What would be helpful and I don't know the answer, but does the team's medical staff make the players get a flu shot every year as they do work to some degree. i have to get it every year as I'm in medicine, and have seen the difference vs. growing up without getting a shot.

The other point is do these guys really adhere to the value of washing your hands, and using the antibacterial gel all day long. Those guys are in closed quarters a good part of every day.

Concerning the Bruce Smith thing. Yeah I remember him being sick with the flu for a playoff game in Pittsburgh. I was really pissed off about it because it came out that he had not bothered to get a flu shot that year. I feel the same way about these players now - it should be mandatory that you get flu shots - otherwise this kind of thing can wreak havoc on your team for awhile.

dramatic temperature changes. Lots of different people working close to each other. That's when people start getting sick.

I'm guess some of you don't have kids, and you don't remember growing up. When one person at home gets sick, everyone gets sick and it just flows around the house. Similar in locker rooms.

I work around sick people all the time and they used to pass it on to me as you spoke of, but I've learned to avoid their issues by getting adequate sleep/rest.

Concerning the Bruce Smith thing. Yeah I remember him being sick with the flu for a playoff game in Pittsburgh. I was really pissed off about it because it came out that he had not bothered to get a flu shot that year. I feel the same way about these players now - it should be mandatory that you get flu shots - otherwise this kind of thing can wreak havoc on your team for awhile.

I used to feel the same way but the reality is that it should be a choice. I am not pro or against flu shots......I've gotten the flu either way in the past. As I stated, I think getting rest is the biggest key to health. These guys should all be sleeping in hyperbaric chambers and maximizing rest during the season.

Concerning the Bruce Smith thing. Yeah I remember him being sick with the flu for a playoff game in Pittsburgh. I was really pissed off about it

So was I and I called him everything but a child of God. Then about a month later, I was stricken with that flu. I couldn't eat for at least 4 days and lost 12 pounds. My fever was so bad that I was hallucinating red and yellow cartoons on my bedroom wall. I had every bad system you could imagine and seriously thought that I might die.

Since then I made sure to take the flu shot every year, and I suspect that people who opt not to take it never really had a bad case of a serious flu.

Georgia:

I don't disagree with you. In medicine, if you are on the business side like medical device if you are a rep in surgery, or a manager which is my role, you don't get an option. Get it or don't go into cases. Since my income is relying upon access, I'm fine with an injection every year.

These guys make a lot of money, and losing a top player costs the team money if they lose. a Flu shot does not equate to not getting sick, but it certainly helps. It also helps if they spend an inordinate amount of time bleaching and cleaning all player areas. It also helps if these guys have to use the gel, or wash their hands a ton of times per day.

For anyone who thinks that is silly, you don't get sick because it's cold, you get sick because you are in close proximity to others inside in the cold, and exposed to aerial bacteria or viruses. The only thing you can do is be smart, wash your hands, do smart things like leaving the bathroom using a towel to open the door and so on. When your income depends on a vigilence to these standards, you don't get sick as often.

I've been in countless cases with people who have Hepatitis, HIV, MRSA, and so on. You can evade a lot of illnesses. You just have to be smart. Anyway, I'm glad Karlos will be back, and sure he will have a good night. I'm counting on it.