Where do we get 4-5 more wins?

spoogy

@Pats: Upset WIN here for the Bills 30-24 (Assuming the refs don't screw us)

@Chiefs: LOSS 23-17 (Tough place to play on road)

Texans: Bills WIN 34-20

@Eagles: Bills WIN 27-24

@Redskins: Bills make us sweat out the wildcard hopes and lay an egg losing 24-14

Dallas: Bills WIN 28-17 (Big bounce back from previous week, and the BOYS have nothing to play for)

JETS: Win and you're in for Bills. They handle the Jets in a close one and WIN 24-23

10-6, playoff bound after 15 painful years. GO BILLS!!!!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically the JETS doomed themselves yesterday and the Bills just suck!!!

before you continue Metz think back to how much you liked getting suspended.

What? Who said that? The Jets did doom themselves in that Fitz was wildly inaccurate for most of the game and they turned the ball over four times. The Bills did not suck. McCoy ran the ball extremely well against a stout run defense and our secondary played out of its collective mind. It doesn't always have to be one or the other. My point was that because there was a bad PI call against Robey that doesn't mean that Manuel didn't also suck in that game. The same way that just because Fitz made some poor throws last night that doesn't have anything to do with how well McCoy ran the ball. And incidentally, the Jaguars freaking sucked in that game in London. Plain and simple. But again, I'm over it and very optimistic about the Bills right now.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I believe going into EVERY game, that the Bills will win

One part of me is super jealous, because I so rarely go into a game actually believing we'll win. It's a defense mechanism of course, but my feelings are implicit. I can't force myself to be more confident in the team (although I'm usually pretty positive when we face the fish). For example, I'm already worried about laying an egg against the Chiefs. That being said, I'm never the type of person who revels in our misery like some here do. I really can't understand those folks. I'm so fired up from last night's win I've watched the game 2 more times (condensed)!

What? Who said that? The Jets did doom themselves in that Fitz was wildly inaccurate for most of the game and they turned the ball over four times. The Bills did not suck. McCoy ran the ball extremely well against a stout run defense and our secondary played out of its collective mind. It doesn't always have to be one or the other. My point was that because there was a bad PI call against Robey that doesn't mean that Manuel didn't also suck in that game. The same way that just because Fitz made some poor throws last night that doesn't have anything to do with how well McCoy ran the ball

In response to the bolded: I think FItz was more accurate than I've ever seen him. Aside from the very first series of the game and his quintessential 4th quarter pick, I was impressed with his accuracy (granted, it's relative to his tenure with the bills). He's a better quarterback now than when he was with us.

Edited by NickelCity

In response to the bolded: I think FItz was more accurate than I've ever seen him. Aside from the very first series of the game and his quintessential 4th quarter pick, I was impressed with his accuracy (granted, it's relative to his tenure with the bills). He's a better quarterback now than when he was with us.

15-34 193 yards. That's not accurate. Still a rag armed bum.

Isn't Jacksonville 3-5, Didn't Jacksonville beat us? We shouldn't assume we'll beat anyone, nor should we predict we'll lose to New England...

Jacksonville beat a Bills offense starting it's backup QB, backup RG, backup RT, WR's 3, 5, and 6, and missing RB2. That is not the team that we are right now.

Chiefs in KC? They are playing lights out. I still think jags will cost us our season. 8-8 most likely

pats, chiefs, cowboys losses for sure.... then drop 1 we were suppose to win like jets

Naw..they are at Denver and then at SD before getting us. They are tough at home but likely looking at 3-7 when we come to town. Winnable.

We will lose to Pats. After that, we can beat the others. I bet we lose another home game and a winnable road game. 3 more losses would be ok at 9-7.

What? Who said that? The Jets did doom themselves in that Fitz was wildly inaccurate for most of the game and they turned the ball over four times. The Bills did not suck. McCoy ran the ball extremely well against a stout run defense and our secondary played out of its collective mind. It doesn't always have to be one or the other. My point was that because there was a bad PI call against Robey that doesn't mean that Manuel didn't also suck in that game. The same way that just because Fitz made some poor throws last night that doesn't have anything to do with how well McCoy ran the ball. And incidentally, the Jaguars freaking sucked in that game in London. Plain and simple. But again, I'm over it and very optimistic about the Bills right now.

The Defense saved the day. w/o those 4 turnovers, one a pick 6, the Bills offense sputtered all night. Basically sucking.

What was it.. 4, 5, 6 plays where the clock ran down to zero when TT snapped the ball?? That isn't on the sucky side of things?

Losing a Botched snap on a punt in the RED ZONE providing the perfect opportunity for the NYETS to steal the Victory!! - That isn't on the sucky side of things?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

We don't get 4 or 5 more wins. We get our 6th win as soon as we can, and then worry about our 7th.

We can start by trying to pull of the biggest upset in the toughest game of the season in New England. But after that I think we should be favored in all the games except Dallas, and have a good chance to win any of them we play well in and lose any we play poorly in.

I think Whaley and Co. really screwed the pooch back in March. Why do we keep scheduling New England twice a year? Look at Boise State from a few years ago or Iowa. They don't play anyone and as long as they keep blowing out chumps they still stay highly regarded. Why not just play the Browns, Titans, and New Orleans and schedule against weaker opponents? Sure, we'll get dinged on strength of schedule and we don't get as much TV exposure for recruiting free agents but having a winning record when the playoff selection committee meets in week 17 will go farther than getting exposed by the Bungles and Pasties. We will never secure a 1 or 2 seed, but get into the playoffs and its a whole new season. Anything can happen. Its worth a shot.

It's not unlikely that one of the AFC wildcards will be 8-8, and not unlikely that neither will be better than 9-7. Pats* notwithstanding, our schedule isn't any harder than the Raiders, is easier than the Steelers, and only a little harder than the Jets, IMO. We're in a pretty good spot, at the moment.

Nothing about the way they have played suggests they will be able to put together 5 more wins.

Except the fact they're currently on a two game winning streak, are 4-2 when the trio of Watkins, McCoy and Taylor play -- and all those guys are finally getting healthy and it shows -- yeah, other than that there's nothing that would suggest they could possibly go 5-2 down the stretch. :rolleyes:

(If I could make that eye roll bigger, I would.)

Edited by GreggyT

blitzing does beat Brady. A 4 man front w a blitzer rattles him but not like it used to. He go better at this over the years, his focus is better then ever and you can tell he has done a lot of work, psychologist or what...

Blitz him, man up on his wrs. Hit them hard at line, press coverage and run cover 1 to cap gronk. We can easily beat the pats. We just need to play at the level we are capable.

As said in another post we play to the level of our opponents. Rex Ryan does this with all teams. We simply need to start off well, sustain composure and not give in to silly penalties.

I say we beat NE for a big road win. I'm calling it now.

IM WITH YOU ON THAT!!

Rush for 148 yards against the second ranked rush defense is an indicator that the Bills can control a game through the run. These last two games were a good test for the team. They needed to win 2 of 3 after the bye against division foes. The teams after NE are 20- 24. All are beat able. In theory, the Bills could run the table if they stay healthy and stop the bran dead penalties. If you say the Bills lose to NE, I see them winning 5 of the last 6 and finish 10-6 and in the playoffs. I am an optimistic fan.

Except the fact they're currently on a two game winning streak, are 4-2 when the trio of Watkins, McCoy and Taylor play -- and all those guys are finally getting healthy and it shows -- yeah, other than that there's nothing that would suggest they could possibly go 5-2 down the stretch. :rolleyes:

(If I could make that eye roll bigger, I would.)

gee, solid reasoning there. :death: