The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

23 hours ago, row_33 said:

people call me Sir, i think that's a good guess biologically, i should jokingly take offense at Starbucks one day, maybe get a year's free of coffee.

i understand that women have some biological functions that men do not, i have gone my whole life kind of not having to deal with any of that stuff socially

They call Elton John sir also but he could have just as easily been named a Dutchess.

23 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

They call Elton John sir also but he could have just as easily been named a Dutchess.

with Canadian citizenship I cannot accept that title from The Crown

that doesn't make me feel less than a sir that I have not been so honoured to date

Edited by row_33

23 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're dating a sir?

not much dating going on....  sorta my choice

Canadian citizens cannot accept UK honours

one did hand in his citizenship before getting his Lordship, then served a few years in prison in Florida, then Trump pardoned him last month.

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

Some people call me Maurice, because I speak of the pompitous of love.

so.. you're a picker, a grinner, a lover, a sinner, a joker, a smoker, a midnight toker, you play your music in the sun and get your lovin' on the run. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

so.. you're a picker, a grinner, a lover, a sinner, a joker, a smoker, a midnight toker, you play your music in the sun and get your lovin' on the run. :thumbsup:

Could be worse.  He could be the Egg Man.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/23/2019 at 9:14 PM, B-Man said:

Guess why ?

IT’S COME TO THIS: Ohio’s Bowling Green State University Strips Name of Lillian Gish (1893-1993) from Campus Theater.

The “First Lady of American Cinema” Lillian Gish has had her name removed from a university theater and it’s not sitting well with many movie buffs. More than 50 film industry leaders ranging from Martin Scorsese to Helen Mirren to James Earl Jones are protesting the decision of Ohio’s Bowling Green State University to remove the name of actress Lillian Gish from a campus theater because she appeared in the 1915 film The Birth of a Nation.

The letter accuses the university of making “a scapegoat in a broader political debate.” Lillian Gish is considered a pioneer of film acting. Her career spanned 75 years, beginning in 1912 in silent film shorts. The Whales of August in 1987 was her last film. She was called the First Lady of American Cinema, and for more than 40 years, the theater at Bowling Green has honored Ohio-born actresses Dorothy and Lillian Gish with its name.

According to the IMDB, Gish appeared in 120 movies and TV shows during her lengthy career, which spanned the first eight decades of the movie industry. But if we’re going to banish all the bad people of the past because of hurt feelings, when does early “Progressive” Woodrow Wilson face the memory hole, given that he was an enthusiastic proponent of Birth of a Nation, including screening it in the White House and proclaiming the film “is like writing history with lightning.”

Wilson was a racist in the truest sense of the term. When President of Princeton University, he refused to allow blacks to attend the school. When President of the USA, he refused to integrate the armed forces. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Wilson was a racist in the truest sense of the term. When President of Princeton University, he refused to allow blacks to attend the school. When President of the USA, he refused to integrate the armed forces. 

No way that can be true. After all, Woodrow Wilson was a liberal.

ANALYSIS: TRUE. The Struggle for Gay Rights Is Over: For those born into a form of adversity, sometimes the hardest thing to do is admitting that they’ve won.

Honestly, it’s worse than that. The transition from bullied to bullies was fast and dramatic; within days after Obergefell they were going after heretics. As a longtime gay-rights supporter, it really soured me. And it appears to have soured a lot of young people.

Andrew Sullivan has thoughts.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

ANALYSIS: TRUE. The Struggle for Gay Rights Is Over: For those born into a form of adversity, sometimes the hardest thing to do is admitting that they’ve won.

Honestly, it’s worse than that. The transition from bullied to bullies was fast and dramatic; within days after Obergefell they were going after heretics. As a longtime gay-rights supporter, it really soured me. And it appears to have soured a lot of young people.

Andrew Sullivan has thoughts.

"Americans aged 18 to 34 who say they are comfortable interacting with ***** people fell from 53% in 2017 to 45% in 2018 — even among those whom the report considers “allies” to the LGBTQ community."

I know a few gays who aren't comfortable any more interacting with "***** people."  Not because they hate gays...because the LGBTQAIEP has become militantly awful.

35 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I know a few gays who aren't comfortable any more interacting with "***** people."  Not because they hate gays...because the LGBTQAIEP has become militantly awful.

That would be an awesome Scrabble word