The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

The equivalent to this is: I'm from Buffalo.  I hate "buffalo wings."  So I'm micro-aggressed and should be offended every time someone offers me a chicken wing.  

That's how thoroughly and utterly ######ed this is.

Rare common sense.

SCOTUS: 1925 Bladensburg ‘Peace Cross’ can stay on public land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJbUVbBdcIs

Alito Majority Opinion: "The Religion Clauses of the Constitution aim to foster a society in which people of all beliefs can live together harmoniously, and the presence of the Bladensburg Cross on the land where it has stood for so many years is fully consistent with that aim."

Guess why ?

IT’S COME TO THIS: Ohio’s Bowling Green State University Strips Name of Lillian Gish (1893-1993) from Campus Theater.

The “First Lady of American Cinema” Lillian Gish has had her name removed from a university theater and it’s not sitting well with many movie buffs. More than 50 film industry leaders ranging from Martin Scorsese to Helen Mirren to James Earl Jones are protesting the decision of Ohio’s Bowling Green State University to remove the name of actress Lillian Gish from a campus theater because she appeared in the 1915 film The Birth of a Nation.

The letter accuses the university of making “a scapegoat in a broader political debate.” Lillian Gish is considered a pioneer of film acting. Her career spanned 75 years, beginning in 1912 in silent film shorts. The Whales of August in 1987 was her last film. She was called the First Lady of American Cinema, and for more than 40 years, the theater at Bowling Green has honored Ohio-born actresses Dorothy and Lillian Gish with its name.

According to the IMDB, Gish appeared in 120 movies and TV shows during her lengthy career, which spanned the first eight decades of the movie industry. But if we’re going to banish all the bad people of the past because of hurt feelings, when does early “Progressive” Woodrow Wilson face the memory hole, given that he was an enthusiastic proponent of Birth of a Nation, including screening it in the White House and proclaiming the film “is like writing history with lightning.”

YOUR DAILY TREACHER: Louis CK’s Audience Must Be Punished.

Last weekend, disgraced comedian Louis CK made a surprise appearance at the Skankfest comedy festival in Brooklyn. It was bad enough that the fallen funnyman dared to show his face in public, after being banished from society in 2017 for sexcrime. But what happened next was simply unacceptable.

The crowd cheered for him.

Cheered.

Let that sink in.

Now the festival’s venue, Brooklyn Bazaar, has reacted to this hate crime on their premises:

And thus begins yet another self-induced Maoist struggle session. “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play,” as the computer said at the end of the movie War Games.

And speaking of movies: Judi Dench Defends Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey’s Work: “Are We Just Not Going to See All Those Films?”

“What kind of agony is that?” Dench told the latest issue of Radio TimesThe Guardian reported. “Are we going to negate 10 years at the Old Vic [the London theater where Spacey served as artistic director] and everything that he did – how wonderful he’s been in all those films? Are we just not going to see all those films that Harvey produced?”

Dench added: “You cannot deny somebody a talent. You might as well never look at a Caravaggio painting [the painter was sentenced for murder after a brawl]. You might as well never have gone to see Noel Coward [who was accused of harassment].”

To slightly revise and extend a remark by Ray Bradbury, there is more than one way to burn a book or a movie. And the world is full of people running around with lit matches.

by Ed Driscoll

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Jesus Christ...

Let me say it again, loud, for the cheap seats:

BIOLOGY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR SELF-IDENTITY!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Jesus Christ...

it means a lot to some people to determine everything autonomously

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Jesus Christ...

just be yourself and everyone will have to bow before you and say that you are cool

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

it means a lot to some people to determine everything autonomously

And like I've said: people will die before they'll go against their own self-identity.  Trans-males would forsake a pap smear and die rather than admit they're biologically female.

Cancer doesn't care though.  It doesn't check your preferred pronoun.  Cancers says "***** your preferred pronoun.  Here's some prostate cancer for you.  Have a Y, you're a guy."

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And like I've said: people will die before they'll go against their own self-identity.  Trans-males would forsake a pap smear and die rather than admit they're biologically female.

Cancer doesn't care though.  It doesn't check your preferred pronoun.  Cancers says "***** your preferred pronoun.  Here's some prostate cancer for you.  Have a Y, you're a guy."

people call me Sir, i think that's a good guess biologically, i should jokingly take offense at Starbucks one day, maybe get a year's free of coffee.

i understand that women have some biological functions that men do not, i have gone my whole life kind of not having to deal with any of that stuff socially