The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Austin. The CA of Texas cities.

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Poor Azalin.

I work in a building on Colorado street, between 9th and 10th streets. That puts me directly across the street from both the Governor's Mansion and the Capitol building. I hear idiotic protests all the time. It's not as bad around here as the news reports make it out to be. The city council sure do seem to want to follow California's lead on many issues, but once you get out of down town and away from UT, it's not too ridiculous yet.

However, we have a lot of people moving here from California, many of whom are coming to get away from the inflated cost of living and ridiculous tax rates. The problem we're having is that a lot of them are voting for the same idiotic policies that were in place in California. That's what worries me the most about Austin's leftist policies.

• Like (+1) 2

LIVING IN AN AGE OF HATE 

Byron York takes a dispassionate look at today’s political/cultural landscape, which is beginning to resemble the one that preceded the Civil War:

The toxicity of the resistance to President Trump has risen in recent days, with the nation’s most respected newspapers publishing rationalizations for denying Trump supporters public accommodation and for doxxing career federal employees, while a journalist found himself under physical attack from the so-called anti-fascist group Antifa, which has stepped up its violent activities since Trump’s election.

Advocacy of incivility and violence isn’t coming only from the zany far left. It finds a home in formerly respectable news outlets, like the Washington Post and the New York Times, as well as among Democratic Party office-holders.

The justification for denying public accommodation came from the Washington Post in an op-ed by Stephanie Wilkinson, the owner of a farm-to-table restaurant in Lexington, Virginia. Wilkinson became famous in June of last year, when she refused to serve White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders and and told Sanders and her family to leave the restaurant. Wilkinson’s staff then followed the Sanders group in protest as they tried to find another place to eat.
In her new article, Wilkinson discussed the case of The Aviary, a trendy bar in Chicago where a waitress recently spat on Eric Trump, the president’s son. Wilkinson wrote that the incident, along with her own decision to oust Sanders, shows that in the age of Trump “new rules apply” in public accommodations: Americans who work for the administration or support the president should stay away.

Democrats obviously think that the “new rules” will never apply to them. Why is that? Evidently, they believe–correctly–that we conservatives are better people than they are. But our patience is not infinite.

The apology for doxxing came from the New York Times in a piece by Kate Cronin-Furman, an assistant professor of human rights at University College London. The article focused on the treatment of illegal immigrant children in detention centers near the U.S.-Mexico border.

Which has actually improved somewhat since the Obama administration. And, in any event, if a Central American is concerned about how his children will be treated if he brings them along as he tries to cross our border illegally, he should consider not doing that.

Cronin-Furman discussed the detentions, as well as actions by employees of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, in terms of the Holocaust and genocides in Cambodia and Rwanda. Those are, of course, contexts which most Americans would likely dismiss as preposterous and offensive but which Cronin-Furman and the New York Times apparently take seriously.

These comparisons are so idiotic as not to require refutation. But the New York Times publishes them; not because they are remotely plausible, but because the Times doesn’t care. The Times exists solely to launch one hysterical attack after another against President Trump on behalf of the Democratic Party.

Then we have the case that I wrote about earlier today:

Finally, there was Antifa’s recent attack on Andy Ngo, a freelance journalist often associated with the pro-free thought cultural publication Quillette. At a demonstration in Portland, at which Trump was a focus of dispute, Antifa fighters beat up and milkshaked Ngo, apparently because he was there and he was not on their side.

The Democratic Party has abandoned all norms of civility and constitutional government. Somehow, though, liberals believe they are immune from having to live by their own “new rules.” They sow the wind, but think they never will reap the whirlwind. Why?

There are many places in America where, unlike Portland, fascists would meet with a strong reaction if they tried to beat up bystanders on the street, burn down buildings, and smash store windows. The New York Times, the Washington Post, and their Democratic Party seem entirely oblivious to this fact.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I work in a building on Colorado street, between 9th and 10th streets. That puts me directly across the street from both the Governor's Mansion and the Capitol building. I hear idiotic protests all the time. It's not as bad around here as the news reports make it out to be. The city council sure do seem to want to follow California's lead on many issues, but once you get out of down town and away from UT, it's not too ridiculous yet.

However, we have a lot of people moving here from California, many of whom are coming to get away from the inflated cost of living and ridiculous tax rates. The problem we're having is that a lot of them are voting for the same idiotic policies that were in place in California. That's what worries me the most about Austin's leftist policies.

Whats stunning to me is the imbecile who waxes philosophically on people sleeping in front of their buildings while the city prohibits "camping" in public parks, or in front of city hall.  

what at a great message for business owners:  Shut the #%*# up, pay your $&#%ing taxes, and never mind the foul-smelling douche on the sidewalk demanding your potential customers give him some money on the way in. 

You know where that doesn't happen?

#%%#ing Disneyland, the happiest place on earth in part because your chances of stepping on someone's hand, leg or excrement as you approach the Buzz Lightyear ride is pretty low. 

austin < Disney world

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Whats stunning to me is the imbecile who waxes philosophically on people sleeping in front of their buildings while the city prohibits "camping" in public parks, or in front of city hall.  

what at a great message for business owners:  Shut the #%*# up, pay your $&#%ing taxes, and never mind the foul-smelling douche on the sidewalk demanding your potential customers give him some money on the way in. 

You know where that doesn't happen?

#%%#ing Disneyland, the happiest place on earth in part because your chances of stepping on someone's hand, leg or excrement as you approach the Buzz Lightyear ride is pretty low. 

austin < Disney world

But Disney World doesn't have Leslie.

Although a cross dressing, homeless, crazy guy wandering around, who you bumped into *everywhere*, and who ran for mayor periodically, isn't nearly as much an oddity as it used to be, I guess.

He was a pretty interesting person to talk to though, especially if you brought him some lunch.

• Like (+1) 1

GOOD: Amy Coney Barrett Strikes a Blow against Campus Kangaroo Courts. 

“To put it bluntly, Judge Barrett’s opinion is a warning shot to campuses in her federal circuit — and, through persuasive authority, to campuses across the nation. Universities mix ideology and adjudication at their own peril. Yet mixing ideology and adjudication is the virtual mission statement of campus Title IX offices. Plaintiffs hunting for evidence of official hostility against men will find a target-rich environment.”

As far as I’m concerned, she can step into Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s slot whenever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

GOOD: Amy Coney Barrett Strikes a Blow against Campus Kangaroo Courts. 

“To put it bluntly, Judge Barrett’s opinion is a warning shot to campuses in her federal circuit — and, through persuasive authority, to campuses across the nation. Universities mix ideology and adjudication at their own peril. Yet mixing ideology and adjudication is the virtual mission statement of campus Title IX offices. Plaintiffs hunting for evidence of official hostility against men will find a target-rich environment.”

As far as I’m concerned, she can step into Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s slot whenever.

The University of Michigan has 82 "Diversity Officers".

On 6/30/2019 at 10:39 AM, 3rdnlng said:

No way that can be true. After all, Woodrow Wilson was a liberal.

Woodrow Wilson started using the term "Progressive" because the label "Liberal" had gone out of favor and was increasingly seen in a bad light. (go figure).

So Wilson - the racist - was probably the original "Progressive." He created the movement that after a time went out of style and in the 60s "Liberal" became once again the mantle of choice for the Leftists. It's wash, rinse, repeat for these A-holes. 

And for the Butt-a-plug fans out there who slam Christianity as being morally corrupt, remember this... it was the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. and other Christian Ministers and Priests and Nuns who brought about the Civil Rights movement. It was the Quakers and other Christians who formed the Abolitionist movement which brought about the creation of the Republican Party - which was dedicated to stopping slavery in America. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

th?id=OIP.owkmuIypQ39-byLbruB7aAHaE5&w=299&h=198&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

PETA finds name of rural road in distasteful, asks for change...

I guess that they have taken care of all the animal cruelty issues, so this is next up.

?

Now I want to go to Law school and become a judge so I can preside over this very case and deliver my ruling:

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

THIS WHOLE “FEEL SAFE” THING IS bull#### THAT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN: 

Starbucks shop boots police officers because customer ‘did not feel safe’ around them: reports. 

“Some police officers in Tempe, Ariz., say they were asked to leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer complained they ‘did not feel safe’ with the cops present, according to reports. Five officers were drinking coffee at the Starbucks location prior to their shift beginning when a barista asked them to move out of the complaining customer’s line of sight or else leave, the Tempe Officers Association wrote in a series of Twitter messages.”

57 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THIS WHOLE “FEEL SAFE” THING IS bull#### THAT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN: 

Starbucks shop boots police officers because customer ‘did not feel safe’ around them: reports. 

“Some police officers in Tempe, Ariz., say they were asked to leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer complained they ‘did not feel safe’ with the cops present, according to reports. Five officers were drinking coffee at the Starbucks location prior to their shift beginning when a barista asked them to move out of the complaining customer’s line of sight or else leave, the Tempe Officers Association wrote in a series of Twitter messages.”

Immediately after the officers leave, somebody robs the place and empties the cash drawer, and they complain "Where were the police?"

They were in the extreme elsewhere, so you'd feel safe.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:40 AM, DC Tom said:

Jesus Christ...

Let me say it again, loud, for the cheap seats:

BIOLOGY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR SELF-IDENTITY!!!!!

Because I know you will get a kick out of this @DC Tom

Apologies if it ends up giving you a hernia.