The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

And of course no backlash from the gay community either I would imagine. 

The gay community isn't offended.  It's the "gays are too fragile too take care of themselves so I have to" community that was offended.

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm so proud of my college.  We were doing this in 1991.  We're trend-setters.

Ummmm rooms for only people of color was being done waaaay before 1991 so you were not trend-setters. 

“HOME doesn’t provide people with a sense of security, with a sense of belonging, when everyone from all types of affinity groups can be there,” said senior Othniel Malcolm Andrew Harris, who has been involved in organizing protests at AU.

Imagine if a white person said "how can I have a sense of security when you let all types of affinity groups there?"  I though diversity was good.  I'm so confused.  Well not quite as confused as they are. 

7 hours ago, B-Man said:
Boy Scouts of America may declare bankruptcy
by Max Jaeger

Original Article

One of my earliest journalism assignments years ago (mid 80s) involved the death of two teenage boys and a Boy Scout camp caretaker formerly convicted of pedophilia in McDowell County in NC. Dude's name was James Keith Ross.

Two teen-age boys visited the camp when only the caretaker was there, ended up missing, police hunt ensued, and the caretaker ultimately led the police to an oil pit where he buried the boys. Both boys were executed, and beyond the fact that the guy admitted he did it, the weirdest evidence was the gun he used to kill them had hair from both boys, and pub1c* hairs from the caretaker, stuck to the gun barrel with blood.

Needless to say, in that part of NC, people were out for blood. They burned down the house the guy lived in on the campground. It was crazy town, which is saying a lot for a place like McDowell County.

*Really? We can't type pub1c hairs here? :lol:

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

One of my earliest journalism assignments years ago (mid 80s) involved the death of two teenage boys and a Boy Scout camp caretaker formerly convicted of pedophilia in McDowell County in NC. Dude's name was James Keith Ross.

Two teen-age boys visited the camp when only the caretaker was there, ended up missing, police hunt ensued, and the caretaker ultimately led the police to an oil pit where he buried the boys. Both boys were executed, and beyond the fact that the guy admitted he did it, the weirdest evidence was the gun he used to kill them had hair from both boys, and pub1c* hairs from the caretaker, stuck to the gun barrel with blood.

Needless to say, in that part of NC, people were out for blood. They burned down the house the guy lived in on the campground. It was crazy town, which is saying a lot for a place like McDowell County.

*Really? We can't type pub1c hairs here? :lol:

Why don't we just make this place 18 or older and we can say whatever the ***** we want in any ***** son of a B word ***** ***** way we want.  I'm mean seriously.....