The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

On 10/4/2018 at 7:39 PM, B-Man said:

WHY ARE FEMINISTS MINIMIZING THE SIGNIFICANCE OF RAPE ?

Seen on Facebook: “I’m amazed at the progressives who argue that Kavanaugh should not have expressed anger that he has been accused of being a rapist, and that he shouldn’t have lashed out at such accusations even if they are entirely false.

If being accused of being a rapist isn’t a big deal, then rape isn’t a big deal.”

I hadn't really thought about it that way, but it's basically saying "what are you whining about, you're only being accused of rape."

I imagine it said in the same tone a feminist who is proud of being ashamed of her white privilege while simultaneously claiming victim status due to the hardships of having a vagina dismissively tells a guy that his problems don't matter because he's a white male.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

NEITHER CAN I: VIDEO: For $100, students can’t name time conservatives shut down liberals on campus.

INNOCENCE IS NO DEFENSE: Two Students Hooked Up. It Was Clearly Consensual. He Still Spent $12,000 Defending Himself.

If women can’t be accountable for their own actions, then what?

Slate issues warning about ‘deeply conservative’ Star is Born remake

Man. Is Slate on a roll today or what? First they want to ditch the Supreme Court and that dusty old Constitution, and now they’re flipping out over the remake of “A Star is Born” because it’s “deeply conservative” or something.

Yes, really:

Xg9p-CQL_bigger.jpgSlateVerified account @Slate
FollowFollow @Slate

A Star Is Born’s vision of music is dated, damaging, and deeply conservative: https://slate.trib.al/3OyoqSU 

DpU6KOsXcAkkKY2.jpg

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

TONI AIRAKSINEN: Cornell University Teams Up With Planned Parenthood to Fight ‘Masculinity’ in Boys as Young as 12. 

“Define what it means to be a ‘real man.’”

Ah, the continuation of liberals long and storied history of conducting institutionalized social experiments on minorities.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

HEATHER MAC DONALD: Identity Politics in Overdrive. 

“From the Kavanaugh hearings to a lawsuit alleging that Harvard discriminates against Asian-Americans, the Left sees “white supremacy” at the heart of everything.”

The core premise of academic victimology is that whites game the system to disable non-whites. The effort seems to have failed miserably. But rather than acknowledging the implications of Asian success for the narrative of systemic pro-white bias, the proponents of identity politics simply trot out the “white supremacy” mantra as if doing so routs any countervailing evidence. That some left-wing Asians adopt the same rhetoric is a testament to the status accorded to alleged victims of white privilege and to the lure of oppositional identity politics in elite circles.

The use of “white supremacy” to characterize the Harvard racial-preferences lawsuit is a model of lucidity, however, compared with its deployment in the final days of Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation process. Categories of privilege and oppression shifted, recombined, and split apart, highlighting internecine tensions within the intersectional Left.

Read the whole thing.

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

HEATHER MAC DONALD: Identity Politics in Overdrive. 

“From the Kavanaugh hearings to a lawsuit alleging that Harvard discriminates against Asian-Americans, the Left sees “white supremacy” at the heart of everything.”

The core premise of academic victimology is that whites game the system to disable non-whites. The effort seems to have failed miserably. But rather than acknowledging the implications of Asian success for the narrative of systemic pro-white bias, the proponents of identity politics simply trot out the “white supremacy” mantra as if doing so routs any countervailing evidence. That some left-wing Asians adopt the same rhetoric is a testament to the status accorded to alleged victims of white privilege and to the lure of oppositional identity politics in elite circles.

The use of “white supremacy” to characterize the Harvard racial-preferences lawsuit is a model of lucidity, however, compared with its deployment in the final days of Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation process. Categories of privilege and oppression shifted, recombined, and split apart, highlighting internecine tensions within the intersectional Left.

Read the whole thing.

"But how could this be “about” race when Kavanaugh’s main accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, was also white?"

It's called "intersectionality."  Since women and blacks are oppressed, oppression of women is an expression of white supremacy, just as oppression of blacks is an expression of misogyny. 

No, I'm not making that up.  That's the actual theory - a transitive theory of grievance.  Combined with Critical Theory, it's a hoot.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Rob's House said:

This whole clip is good, but last minute or 2, Adam Carolla gives a great explanation of why it's important to stand up to the left.

I'd love to see a Man Show re-union and just compare how much of a sellout Jimmy Kimmel is today with how authentic Adam Carolla is

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Rob's House said:

This whole clip is good, but last minute or 2, Adam Carolla gives a great explanation of why it's important to stand up to the left.

Must have been important for Ace to put a jacket on and shave

10 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I would love to see a reunion of the man show where Adam just calls out Jimmy as a giant ***** and Joe Rogan comes out to replace Jimmy claiming he was no man to begin with.

Then play a spoof of Jimmy's show as "the CIS Man show" with trannies and a mentally disabled kid to mock Kimmel's dumb sellout ass.

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

My head hurts.............................

A battered women's shelter in Anchorage, Alaska, is being investigated because it didn't allow a drunk man to sleep in the same room as women.

Yeah, let's screw with battered women. Brilliant move.

F off you nutbags.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

A battered women's shelter in Anchorage, Alaska, is being investigated because it didn't allow a drunk man to sleep in the same room as women.

A drunk woman, actually.  The man self-identified as a woman.

So the woman's shelter discriminated against a woman.  Or something.

I don't even ***** know anymore.  "Have a Y, you're a guy" is just so much easier.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:50 PM, B-Man said:

A real man would have rubbed some dirt on his wounds and built a bigger shelter with his bare hands from blocks of ice.