The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Read a biography of his life and loves and opinions?

or six bios?

I'm well aware that he was a randy bugger in his day, but you're the only one I've heard call Einstein a madman.

If that's a madman, then the world would be a hell of a lot better off with a massive dose of madness.

56 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I'm well aware that he was a randy bugger in his day, but you're the only one I've heard call Einstein a madman.

If that's a madman, then the world would be a hell of a lot better off with a massive dose of madness.

Row is having a tough time lately. I think that "Being Canadian" is manifesting itself.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The spread this moral and social rot has is incredible.

Today my employer's office of "Diversity Recruiting" announced plans for it's mandatory upcoming "unconscious bias" training.

Have you considered that when you give your Asian clients Sweet and Sour sauce with their order of Nuggets without asking that you are exhibiting unconscious bias?

Your employer has no choice.

Indiana Teacher: I Was Forced To Resign Because I Won’t Pretend Boys Can Be Girls

An Indiana orchestra teacher says public school administrators gave him three options at the end of this school year:

refer to students as the opposite sex, resign, or be fired.

Local public officials have so far refused to publicly discuss the policies they put into place at the beginning of 2018 that John Kluge says led to his resignation in May. Brownsburg Community School Corporation, the district that employed Kluge, put out a transgender policy document in January instructing staff to call students by their chosen names and pronouns once they are so designated on school records. Kluge opted instead to address students by their last names to avoid either referring to his apparently several transgender students with pronouns and names of the opposite sex, or offending them by not doing as they wished despite its contradiction of reality.

This shows the transgender movement DEMANDS professing a falsehood.......................................................nothing else will suffice.

Teacher referred to everyone by last name to avoid issue.......................... Not enough.

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Indiana Teacher: I Was Forced To Resign Because I Won’t Pretend Boys Can Be Girls

An Indiana orchestra teacher says public school administrators gave him three options at the end of this school year:

refer to students as the opposite sex, resign, or be fired.

Local public officials have so far refused to publicly discuss the policies they put into place at the beginning of 2018 that John Kluge says led to his resignation in May. Brownsburg Community School Corporation, the district that employed Kluge, put out a transgender policy document in January instructing staff to call students by their chosen names and pronouns once they are so designated on school records. Kluge opted instead to address students by their last names to avoid either referring to his apparently several transgender students with pronouns and names of the opposite sex, or offending them by not doing as they wished despite its contradiction of reality.

This shows the transgender movement DEMANDS professing a falsehood.......................................................nothing else will suffice.

Teacher referred to everyone by last name to avoid issue.......................... Not enough.

Stay angry!! 

5 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

FTA:

“The big irony is that their solution is right-wing social engineering,” said Michael Behrent, an associate professor of history at Appalachian State University in North Carolina and a co-author of a new report, for the American Association of University Professors, on speech legislation.

“They’re supposedly against the idea of speech codes and authorities regulating what can and cannot be said,” Mr. Behrent added. “But they really are in fact advocating that.”

Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

6 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I remember in college protesting plenty of speakers and issues.

But we never tried to silence people.  We still recognized people's rights to express different opinions.  George Will may have had a thousand people outside the lecture hall, protesting him.  But he still delivered an uninterrupted speech.

THEY TOLD ME IF TRUMP WERE ELECTED WE’D SEE OPEN RACISM BECOME FASHIONABLE, AND THEY WERE RIGHT! 

Harvard Medical School ashamed of white male department heads. 

“Harvard Medical School has removed 31 portraits of its former department heads from a lecture hall because all of the individuals are men, and 30 of them are white. Dr. Betsy Nabel, the hospital’s president, said she has been considering the move for several years, concerned that the lack of diversity might upset women and minorities who are training to become doctors.”

Apparently, women and minorities are very fragile.

16 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I remember in college protesting plenty of speakers and issues.

But we never tried to silence people.  We still recognized people's rights to express different opinions.  George Will may have had a thousand people outside the lecture hall, protesting him.  But he still delivered an uninterrupted speech.

A thousand protested George Will?

insomnia cure??

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Salena Zito running an interesting project at Harvard.  Taking Harvard kids out of the academic coastal bubble

https://nypost.com/2018/06/16/these-harvard-kids-got-the-lesson-of-their-life-in-the-heartland/

Innocent Millenniels indoctrinated by neo-nazi professor with tour through racist America.

I found it interesting that they have to actively recruit participants, then got only 20. I wonder if they had to sign a disclaimer that says they understood that they would be ostracized for NOT condemning Trump voters to their friends.

GET WOKE, GO BROKE: Starbucks also plans to close about 150 company-operated American stores over its next fiscal year. And note this:

The closing stores are often in “major metro areas where increases in wage and occupancy and other regulatory requirements” are making them unprofitable, Johnson said. “Now, in a lot of ways, it’s middle America and the South that presents an opportunity.”

Huh – all the best people told me that #fightfor15 would have no deleterious effect on the food and beverage industry.

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

GET WOKE, GO BROKE: Starbucks also plans to close about 150 company-operated American stores over its next fiscal year. And note this:

The closing stores are often in “major metro areas where increases in wage and occupancy and other regulatory requirements” are making them unprofitable, Johnson said. “Now, in a lot of ways, it’s middle America and the South that presents an opportunity.”

Huh – all the best people told me that #fightfor15 would have no deleterious effect on the food and beverage industry.

Starbucks is raysis!