Predictions: Bills v. Jets

I'm feeling good about things today. I mean, what are we scared of? Ryan Fitzpatrick? They are down 1 OL and their C is playing hurt. Their defense is dinged up too. Backups at both safety positions and at CB.

We are healthy for the most part. No excuses. We need this one

BILLS 23
Jets 17

Edited by kdiggz

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills really need this one with the Pats* coming up next, right there is a loss in NE. After next week Buffalo is either 5-5 or 4-6 and out of the playoffs.

This all comes down to the Bills D not being anywhere near as good as advertised.

Jets 30

Bills 23

Ryan has already said that Fitz is one of those QB's that get the ball out so quickly that the pass rush doesn't stand a chance. :o

The Jets have the #4 defense with the #1 defense against the run. This game could be so different from last game.

I think the Bills penalties will be the difference.

Jets 24-17 Bills

Ryan has already said that Fitz is one of those QB's that get the ball out so quickly that the pass rush doesn't stand a chance. :o

The Jets have the #4 defense with the #1 defense against the run. This game could be so different from last game.

I think the Bills penalties will be the difference.

Jets 24-17 Bills

It is where the ball goes after he gets it out that is the issue with Fitz, not getting sacked. He has never been sacked much, as you recall. But makes terrible decisions under pressure. He didn't say the pass rush doesn't stand a chance. He said they probably won't sack him. Big difference.

Edited by YoloinOhio

It is where the ball goes after he gets it out that is the issue with Fitz, not getting sacked. He has never been sacked much, as you recall. But makes terrible decisions under pressure. He didn't say the pass rush doesn't stand a chance. He said they probably won't sack him. Big difference.

You can daydream about the pressures / hurries all you want, but the truth is they go hand in hand with the sacks. The Bills are currently 29th out of 32 in QB pressures / hurries.

The Jets are the #1 team in the NFL with only 9 sacks allowed all year, and have allowed 31 hits which puts them at 5th best. This is not a good match up for Buffalo unless Ryan changes his scheme.

You can daydream about the pressures / hurries all you want, but the truth is they go hand in hand with the sacks. The Bills are currently 29th out of 32 in QB pressures / hurries.

The Jets are the #1 team in the NFL with only 9 sacks allowed all year, and have allowed 31 hits which puts them at 5th best. This is not a good match up for Buffalo unless Ryan changes his scheme.

Both stats you refer to are directly related to QBs getting the ball out quickly. That's kind of how Rex's scheme is set up: he wants the opposing QB to have to get rid of the ball quickly to avoid getting sacked and taking hits; it basically takes away any chance at the big play. Now, he needs his LBs to be able to be in position and be able to make tackles, which hasn't happened up to this point.

I'm also curious why you think the Jets aren't a good matchup, given that Fitz gets rid of the ball quickly? They don't have shifty backs and receivers with the kind of short-area quickness that can hurt you after the catch. Rather, they've got big, angular, physical guys that win over the top. If Fitz has to get rid of the ball quickly, that bodes quite well for Buffalo's defense.

I don't need to daydream. I have seen Fitz under pressure plenty, unfortunately. He does not make good decisions. Rex knows firsthand how terrible Brian Winters is and can constantly send blitzes up the right side. It is up to the players to execute. Rex did change his scheme dramatically against Jacksonville. It was very vanilla, he let them loose and they STILL couldn't execute on many occasions. The players need to make plays, period.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I love the Bills to win every time, but ESPECIALLY in NY. I love it when the NY media has to eat crow...and wine about losing to the upstate no names. Now, the REX thing means nothing to me.....I care negatively about REX bs.......can he coach a winning effort? THAT is what this the relevant issue about REX......But, the media in NY (and Buffalo unfortunately) seem to want to push all REX's patter on us. I am willing to tolerate him as coach, but I hate his PR acting every week.

Jets 27 - Bills 15

This would be so Bills-ish. Buffalo News headline Friday morning...

"Bills seeing red - Taylor throws 4 picks before it's discovered he is red/green colorblind"

Hope it's not true but being a Bills fan I've come to expect stuff like this.

A lot of Bills negativity about this game and that is all understood and probably deserved based on history

What is going to bite is a month from now and we are short a win from the playoffs.....................that Jaguar game loss is going to come back to haunt us

I don't need to daydream. I have seen Fitz under pressure plenty, unfortunately. He does not make good decisions. Rex knows firsthand how terrible Brian Winters is and can constantly send blitzes up the right side. It is up to the players to execute. Rex did change his scheme dramatically against Jacksonville. It was very vanilla, he let them loose and they STILL couldn't execute on many occasions. The players need to make plays, period.

That's just it Yolo. The Bills are 29th in the NFL in getting pressure on the QB so how can you expect the Bills to get any pressure on Fitz at all on him when he is playing behind the #1 line in the league in allowing sacks, and the #5 line in allowing hits?

Because of those stats it tells me this game Fitz will have all day to throw with very little pressure on him. Then Jets WR Brandon Marshall is currently the 6th leading receiver in the NFL.

I don't like this at all because I want Buffalo to win this game. However, I just don't see it. Unless the Bills offense can put up big numbers, and they are going up against the #4 team in total defense that is also #1 against the rush.

A very tough game on the road, and with a short week to boot.