Do the Bills still go QB in round 1?

Yes, if a QB is BPA on their board (the BILLS board, not Mel Kiper's) when they draft.

Hard to argue with this logic, the only teams that have glaring needs who draft before the bills are St. Louis and San Fransisco. It's reasonable to think their are 3 first round QBs (Goff, Lynch,Cook), so depending on how they are viewed by the staff, I could see it happening, though I don't believe it is likely

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to argue with this logic, the only teams that have glaring needs who draft before the bills are St. Louis and San Fransisco. It's reasonable to think their are 3 first round QBs (Goff, Lynch,Cook), so depending on how they are viewed by the staff, I could see it happening, though I don't believe it is likely

I think the Browns will take one. However, I don't know if one of those three WILL be BPA on their board when they draft. They all might get first round grades, but it is also possible that they don't or they are bumped by better players. None of those three are considered "elite" prospects and that's not my opinion (again I'm not a scout, just a CFB fan) by any of the analysts I follow. Goff was earlier in the year and has been inconsistent to where he keeps jumping around people's boards. I think there is so much more to come but while I see it as possible one lands as BPA for them, it is just as possible they take one in the 2nd or later and to me that's just fine based on the nature of this QB class. There isn't really this big "separation" between slam dunk guys and the next tier. They are all kind of in one lump of "potential" guys.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Thing I wonder about RT is was Henderson suffering the affects of his illness all season? Finally it got to be too much and he was sat down. But was he playing in a weakened state all season? Assuming it's something he can get under control and gets his weight and strength back, then maybe not such a glaring need. He was rookie of the month in Sept 14 if I recall correctly, how bad was he? I expected him to continue to improve, but he didn't, if it was due to the illness, not so worried, or could be he just reached his abilities. He was a 7th round draft pick, but only because of off-field issues, not based on talent alone. I recall he was the #1 OL prospect coming out of high school.

Can this team really afford waiting around for a guy to finally develop. I didn't see much, if any, improvement from Henderson. In fact, I thought Mills played as his equal.

I think the Browns will take one

Which would make the scenario of a first round QB even less likely

Round 1, pick the best player available

Round 2, pick the best player available

Round 3, pick the best player available

Round 4, pick the best player available

Round 5, pick the best player available

Round 6, pick the best player available

Round 7, pick the best player available

Then when the smoke clears, you fix your positional gaps that remain by Free Agency.

The draft is the drywall. Free agency is the mud and tape. Training camp is the sanding/priming/painting.

Oh.. in regard to OP: I believe it's too early to be judging TT a success or failure.

This, except for RB. We seem to be stacked there.

Only via trade IMO. I don't know if he is a FA, but I can't see a FA WR choosing the Bills. It isn't an offense a WR would choose when he has options.

Cash !!!! Tons of cash !!! Watkins, Floyd, Clay would be pretty unstoppable on 3rd down

Don't see woods or any others giving us much bang for our buck in the recieving dept. I got nothing on the ncaa Wr's I don't know whose good besides the ole miss kid.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Here is a interesting thought I had this morning.

This might just be me....but it seems every draft that we DONT think QB is a immediate need......some QB ends up miraculously falling right into our lap at 1 or 2 that we pass over.

I really think we go defense in the 1st......the top MLB of the draft might still be on the board when we pick which would allow us to move Preston Brown over to his outside position of last year......in essence killing two needs with one move.

but

I absolutely would not fault the bills if a QB prospect ended up falling into their laps and they just HAD to take them.....and go MLB in the 2nd round. I absolutely would not.

- Tyrod IS the guy right now

- Tyrods style of play is scary when it comes to injury

- We do NOT have a quality QB on this roster past Tyrod

Cash !!!! Tons of cash !!! Watkins, Floyd, Clay would be pretty unstoppable on 3rd down

Don't see woods or any others giving us much bang for our buck in the recieving dept. I got nothing on the ncaa Wr's I don't know whose good besides the ole miss kid.

Boldin has been in Roman's system and could be a valuable mentor to Sammy, he's a UFA I believe.

Jax and Raiders are always willing to hand out piles of cash and have like uber cap space it seems to do it because they have so few players in their prime with big contracts and young cheap QBs. They also throw the ball a ton. I see them grabbing FA WRs that teams without elite QBS like Packers, Pats, Cards, Seahawks, Chargers, Saints don't want. I think the opposite of defenisve players - I think those that want this scheme will come here in FA and see it as a big time opportunity. So I see (in general) defensive needs in FA with a few adds in draft and WR, QB in draft. JMO.

Edited by YoloinOhio

No 1st round QB. Reports are that this years QB class isn't very good. Don't waste a first round pick on someone who isn't very good.

But if one of this years QBs falls into the third or fourth round, take them.

Note: I take exception to the Tyrod is the problem meme.

Maybe no QB gets drafted now. EJ may be part of the stable foundation necessary to achieve long term success in the NFL.

Teams like the Jets are doing it wrong. Making the playoffs so quickly after changing GM's and Coaches is a formula for disaster.

No 1st round QB. Reports are that this years QB class isn't very good. Don't waste a first round pick on someone who isn't very good.

But if one of this years QBs falls into the third or fourth round, take them.

Note: I take exception to the Tyrod is the problem meme.

Very few think Taylor is a problem. But he certainly isn't a proven answer. Teams without a proven answer at QB are wise to continue to give themselves as many options as possible to finally find the proven answer. The Bills have a decent amount of talent. If Taylor is a franchise QB, they should make the playoffs regardless of who they draft in the first round this year. If Taylor isn't a franchise QB, then their isn't a silver bullet player in the first round that is going to make the Bills a championship team.