Week 10: TNF Jets' Game Preparation - Mills Starts at RT

134 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bills Win on Thursday Night?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recorded the Jets-jags game and watched some last night. The Jets D is bad. Really bad. I watched them play the raiders and gave them a mulligan. Gave them a pass for NE too. Now three straight games.

They were awful in the first half against the Eagles too. I'll say what I've been saying all year: the Jets are a middle of the road team who have beaten up on bad opponents and mediocre opponents at good times. Every time they've encountered a half decent team they've lost or won a sqeaker.

I'm not saying this is a gimme. Our defense has not been playing great, and we're going to have to find ways to move the ball against a great front 7 and Revis. But other than that, their secondary is still weak.

We, more than anyone, know the weaknesses of the Fitz-Chan style: jam players at the line. Darby and Gilmore should win their matchups against Marshall and Decker 1 on 1, so stack the box, swarm within 15 yards and try to make Fitz throw deep to beat you.

Rex: Jets 'just another opponent'

Rex Ryan spent six years coaching the New York Jets. Thursday night he will return to MetLife Stadium with his Buffalo Bills, but insists he hasn't thought about facing his former team.

"I promise you, it's just another opponent right now," Ryan said Sunday after Buffalo's 33-17 victory over the Miami Dolphins, via ESPN.com. "Now will that change when I'm in there? That's a possibility. But I can tell you this -- it's all about, you're playing another team. And I know that team really well.

Why do I feel like they are destined to "stupid" themselves out of a win Thursday?

Rex sends IK out as only captain.

Jets start chirping, Bills fire back

Bills take stupid Personal Foul penalties.

Give Jets free yards and points

I've had this thought a few times.

They were awful in the first half against the Eagles too. I'll say what I've been saying all year: the Jets are a middle of the road team who have beaten up on bad opponents and mediocre opponents at good times. Every time they've encountered a half decent team they've lost or won a sqeaker.

I'm not saying this is a gimme. Our defense has not been playing great, and we're going to have to find ways to move the ball against a great front 7 and Revis. But other than that, their secondary is still weak.

We, more than anyone, know the weaknesses of the Fitz-Chan style: jam players at the line. Darby and Gilmore should win their matchups against Marshall and Decker 1 on 1, so stack the box, swarm within 15 yards and try to make Fitz throw deep to beat you.

Absolutely. As you put it, the Jets are a middle of the road team who have beaten up on bad opponents ... Every time they've encountered a quality opponent they've lost or won a squeaker.

Meanwhile, our Bills have defeated the following quality teams: (long pause).

Oh, never mind. In fact, neither the Jets nor the Bills have defeated a team with a winning record as of today. Or even a team with a .500 record. So somewhere on some Jets forum someone is posting "The Bills have not even been competitive against a quality opponent."

The truth: this one may separate the men from the boys, the achievers from the big talkers, the competitors from the pretenders.

I think we win, and win convincingly. Then we can talk big. Until 2 weeks from tonight at least.

Absolutely. As you put it, the Jets are a middle of the road team who have beaten up on bad opponents ... Every time they've encountered a quality opponent they've lost or won a squeaker.

Meanwhile, our Bills have defeated the following quality teams: (long pause).

Oh, never mind. In fact, neither the Jets nor the Bills have defeated a team with a winning record as of today. Or even a team with a .500 record. So somewhere on some Jets forum someone is posting "The Bills have not even been competitive against a quality opponent."

The truth: this one may separate the men from the boys, the achievers from the big talkers, the competitors from the pretenders.

I think we win, and win convincingly. Then we can talk big. Until 2 weeks from tonight at least.

I agree that the Bulls haven't beat any quality teams yet either. That's why I consider this game so important: two middle of the road teams who are fighting for second in the division where middle of the road can get you to the playoffs.

To me, the question is whether A) With Mangold likely out, can the D-line get the push to shut down the Jets run game and force Fitz to make the kind of throws we cringed at and B) can the Bills receivers do anything with Revis on Sammy and Clay likely double covered.