Trouble with Colin Kaepernick?

FireChan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another QB that a lot of fans at TBD fawned over and felt we should have traded for bites the dust

and yet people seem to think they know more then the current staff staff at one bills drive

Lol yeah, that Super Bowl appearance looks really stupid compared to our 6-10 mediocrity.

I'm honestly surprised at the amount of QB talk around TBD. I'm feeling Tyrod as the face of the Buffalo Bills for the next decade hopefully.

That's what we thought 1/2 way through the 2011 season about Fitz.

When the off season gets here, we're going to want to improve our talent level at EVERY position. Especially QB. Even if Hotrod is all that, we still need someone to play the 30% or so games he can't (going off this years rate so far).

When the off season gets here, we're going to want to improve our talent level at EVERY position. Especially QB. Even if Hotrod is all that, we still need someone to play the 30% or so games he can't (going off this years rate so far).

Never again. Please do not refer to Tyrod Taylor as "Hotrod"...Thanks.

Edited by BIGBOY

yep. This is the truth and we don't know what we will see when Taylor retskes the field

@Rand_Getlin: While Kaep doesn't appear likely to be traded today, multiple teams are interested in potentially acquiring his services down the road.

With Bradford foregoing his extension and underperforming (unsurprisingly), I'd think Chip Kelly would like to bring him on. His offense does not require the QB to make any decisions.

Just a thought, and I hope I'm wrong and Tyrod and the 2015 squad can turn it around starting this week. But Tyrod's instinct to scramble combined with a knee injury that he just suffered and might linger the more he does run.

Kaepernick has ties and has had success with Greg Roman. If we miss the playoffs for a 16th season and Taylor doesn't work out and show signs, consistently and stay healthy, I could see this happening realistically as Kaep appears to be done in Santa Clara. Again, I hope I'm wrong, because Colin seems to have regressed to a point of no return watching his games this season.

If this does happen, I fear this sets us back at least another five years, if not more. As always, your thoughts are appreciated.

#GOBILLS

Just a thought, and I hope I'm wrong and Tyrod and the 2015 squad can turn it around starting this week. But Tyrod's instinct to scramble combined with a knee injury that he just suffered and might linger the more he does run.

Kaepernick has ties and has had success with Greg Roman. If we miss the playoffs for a 16th season and Taylor doesn't work out and show signs, consistently and stay healthy, I could see this happening realistically as Kaep appears to be done in Santa Clara. Again, I hope I'm wrong, because Colin seems to have regressed to a point of no return watching his games this season.

If this does happen, I fear this sets us back at least another five years, if not more. As always, your thoughts are appreciated.

#GOBILLS

You bring up a fascinating issue, intended or not. Are qbs such as Kaepernick and RG III suitable for the pro game? Can a qb with outstanding physical abilities survive in the pro game after being groomed in college to play in the spread and the read option.

Both Kaepernick and RG III were early successes. RG III had a phenomenal rookie year. But his style of play left him vulnerable to being hit. It didn't take long for defenses to come up with a strategy to counteract his athleticism and running ability. It was hit him, and keep hitting him until it took a toll on his body.

The critical issue for each player is the same: Can they learn to read defenses and go through their progressions. RG III who is a smart guy can't seem to master that challenge. For both players the run instinct has to be subordinated to going through one's progressions and trusting what you see and quickly reacting to it.

There are qbs who have a feel for the pocket and are instinctual in their movements. Tom Brady is the best in that regard. Some qbs will never master the art of being calm in a chaotic pocket. But that doesn't mean that they can't improve their deficiency to an acceptable level.

If the Bills are interested in Kaepernick the most influential person in deciding to acquire him would be Greg Roman. He would know as well as anyone whether his liabilities as a player can be minimized and his assets can be maximized.

I like Tyrod Taylor a lot. He does have some appealing traits in his passing ability: accuracy, arm strength and touch. But I fear that he has durability issues that require the organization to have a backup plan.

Edited by JohnC

Various articles about Roman suggested to me he wasn't eager to coach him again anytime soon and was more interested in a QB who was more of a continuous learner. But, I could have inferred something that wasn't there.

For an OC when you watch game tapes you see plays that develop and are there for the qb to react to. The problem with these athletic read option qbs is that because of how they played in college they never learned to go through the progressions.It has to be frustrating for the coaches.

Edited by JohnC