Reasons NOT to Watch Bills/Jags on Yahoo

blzrul

You're looking at this all wrong...

This is the start of paying for the games and tv that you want, and not paying extra for the extra bull ****. The internet is going to eventually take over cable and satellite broadcasting. It's about time that these ****ty cable providers have some legit competition.

HALLELUJAH!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Augie, for a guy like me who is cheap and does not watch tv except rabbit ears on certain sundays.

This is awesome. i see your point. but life is full of workarounds. Yahoo is still better than the place i work. They are not streaming the game at all.

When they asked if was working Sunday i asked if the game would be on the big screens. they said no. so i said no.

already signed up for the reminder in my computer. which is hooked to my 32" monitor.

It's free tomorrow, but we all know they won't be giving it away for long. They're just trying to test new methods to maximize revenue long term. (I'd do the same thing if I'm on the other end, but I'd hope the execution by my partner was better.) In the meantime, it takes away the easy way to see the game that I've already paid for. I have AT&T Uverse for every day TV (and phone/internet), while DirecTv is only for Bills games. I am jealous, as we spend way too much on TV.

Oh, and the keyboard on the laptop just crapped out. It's OK if hooked up to the monitor and it's separate keyboard, but I can't bring it all down to the big screen in the family room. It's not the end of the world, I'll get the game. But this was NOT the deal I signed up for and paid for. It's just a pain in the neck.

won't be watching since at 930 AM i am golfing and since its the jags aint skipping golf on a lovely fall morning for football gam e that should be at 1PM EST. I pay for NFLST and am pissed that I will not get EVERY NFL game as advertised

Seeing as you said you'd be skipping it due to the time, it seems silly to be upset about

"Now what I want you to go upstairs and write this down, buy Yahoo" - Frank Sullivan (Dennis Quaid)

It was actual Jim cavezal, or however you spell it, that said that line to gordo.

Loved frequency.

Edited by The Wiz

Good point, but it would have been easily recordable and not require an IT staff to accomplsh. Still a screw job.

Touché. It originally read like just throwing stuff against the wall to see what would stick, but that could be true of him

I live in PHX and pay for Sunday ticket to watch the Bills and now I can't unless I stream the damn game. I will be calling for a refund in the morning. I don't have high speed wifi to stream the game nor should I need to since I ALREADY paid to watch this game on Sunday ticket.

Touché. It originally read like just throwing stuff against the wall to see what would stick, but that could be true of him

You got the accent egu, or egrave, or whatever it is for your touché. (Not wasting my 6 years of french.. long lost.)

The world is ever changing. I kind of suck with change, my wife thrives on it. Thank God, the bills get paid. :)

For those who want to record the game that are streaming the game to your Windows desk top or iMac computer, you can use this piece of software to record the stream but you better have a very large hard drive or record it at a smaller formatt like 640 by 480 anyways heres the link.

http://m.movavi.com/how-to-capture-streaming-video/

Bah, the free trial limits recordings to 120sec at a time. Not going to shell out 50 bucks for the full program

Then who would bother to watch it on Yahoo?

See klos' post.

I understand your concerns that some people may have issues watching the game, but are you at all concerned about people that can't afford directv and the sunday ticket, or live in apartments that don't allow dishes on the property or rent homes where the landlord won't allow it.... just because it's not 100% perfect is no reason to dismiss it.

I'm not saying the league shouldn't stream games online. I'm saying they should do that AND have the game on TV. That way fans can choose which is the best way to view the game for themselves.

I don't see it supplanting Sunday Ticket

It will overtake it for sure. The NFL stands to save billions if they can deliver their own content. They go directly to the advertisers and cut out the networks. they can license advertising space to keep the revenue stable and also ditch viewership areas in lieu of a watch which ever game you want from any place on earth model.

I'd be shocked if they don't have a 5-10 year roadmap to streaming content overtaking all other viewership mediums.

won't be watching since at 930 AM i am golfing and since its the jags aint skipping golf on a lovely fall morning for football gam e that should be at 1PM EST. I pay for NFLST and am pissed that I will not get EVERY NFL game as advertised

They clearly disclaim the exceptions... Given you'll be golfing clearly you dont live anywhere near buffalo and only option for seeing the bills is dtv! I've done the dtv stream only for years now, and while it used to stink, is now fairly good. Let's hope yahoo has everything sized right to make it work. Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

It will overtake it for sure. The NFL stands to save billions if they can deliver their own content. They go directly to the advertisers and cut out the networks. they can license advertising space to keep the revenue stable and also ditch viewership areas in lieu of a watch which ever game you want from any place on earth model.

I'd be shocked if they don't have a 5-10 year roadmap to streaming content overtaking all other viewership mediums.

They clearly disclaim the exceptions... Given you'll be golfing clearly you dont live anywhere near buffalo and only option for seeing the bills is dtv! I've done the dtv stream only for years now, and while it used to stink, is now fairly good. Let's hope yahoo has everything sized right to make it work.

the main issues I have is not having it in a recordable fashion. Also why couldn't this game be at 1PM or even noon thats prime time in England. I will be listening in via sirius radio I have and prefer listening to murph and kelso anyways

See klos' post.

I'm not saying the league shouldn't stream games online. I'm saying they should do that AND have the game on TV. That way fans can choose which is the best way to view the game for themselves.

But then they wouldn't be able to legally monopolize their product and that would be un-American.

This is First World problem classic. :lol:

Very true. I thought my remote car starter not turning on my heated seats was bad.

Edited by The Wiz

I went to Directv.com last night and complained. The agent gave me the "nothing I can do" excuse, and then gave me $10/month off for 5 months and $25 off the base Directv package for three months because I'm a "loyal customer". I signed up for a free 7 day trial of NFL.com game pass and will watch the game later. Not the best, but better than nothing!

I went to Directv.com last night and complained. The agent gave me the "nothing I can do" excuse, and then gave me $10/month off for 5 months and $25 off the base Directv package for three months because I'm a "loyal customer". I signed up for a free 7 day trial of NFL.com game pass and will watch the game later. Not the best, but better than nothing!

i plan on calling in a month when some other credits I have disappear since I questioned them about this game and the agent ASSURED me it be on NFLST. I can see a lawsuit coming on this one I think the NFL is screwing the pooch here. What would be nice is live game on stream for those that want to watch at early time and NFLST broadcast say starting at 2PM. Remember the old days of the NFL where games started at 1,2 and 4PM eastern time :-)

i plan on calling in a month when some other credits I have disappear since I questioned them about this game and the agent ASSURED me it be on NFLST. I can see a lawsuit coming on this one I think the NFL is screwing the pooch here. What would be nice is live game on stream for those that want to watch at early time and NFLST broadcast say starting at 2PM. Remember the old days of the NFL where games started at 1,2 and 4PM eastern time :-)

Didn't they have another affiliate then instead of just CBS and Fox. Can't remember for sure.