Keep Calm: Get to the bye at 4-3 (and other positives)

i think he will come around after review. theres no other way to see some of the troubles.

He indicated postgame that he knew his scheme wasn't working.....but the changes that needed to be made were obvious 4 weeks ago.

He's been hoping it will take........risking games at the expense of forcing his system....but yesterday the Bengals were making a mockery of the confusion his defense was causing his own defense.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the way to go. At the end of the day, it's just a game that grown men get paid $$$$ to play. We all want the Bills in the playoffs very bad, but we need to think positive as a collective group and maybe our fortunes will change.

always think positive, no matter what. Watch Mike Silvers short casual interview with Marcel Dareus. that should give folks some perspective. If he can do it so can we.

LMAO

there is no hope.. Its the same old BS over and over again.

Gonna be a long 5 years.. Maybe will make the playoffs in 2020

why even hope dd? really. Maybe some folks should just move on. I don mean to be rude. But if the game makes you unhappy , change the game

I have a bad feeling this season dies after a Jax loss. Too many injuries and they weren't that good to begin with...

a loss to Jax would be a massive blow to the team and the season. These guys better get their s==t together and quick. coaches and players alike

He indicated postgame that he knew his scheme wasn't working.....but the changes that needed to be made were obvious 4 weeks ago.

He's been hoping it will take........risking games at the expense of forcing his system....but yesterday the Bengals were making a mockery of the confusion his defense was causing his own defense.

Its might clear our defense is getting beat by miscommunication as much as any other factor. not cool. at all. not at home especially

kiss

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

Do people really believe this will be an easy win? The Jags are getting better and aren't the doormats they once were anymore. This Bills team isn't really a lock to beat anyone with their play, then throw in that they keep helping their opponents by keeping them in with penalties. the Bills struggled against a Titans team that was destroyed by the Dolphins yesterday

You're right. Unlike last season, this Jags team has been in just about every game. Bortles has improved. With the 2 Allans at WR and Justin Thomas at TE they're a challenge to any defense.

Its might clear our defense is getting beat by miscommunication as much as any other factor. not cool. at all. not at home especially

kiss

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

The Eagles.....with far less talent......are lining up their 4 man DL wide.....creating one-on-one opps for their pass rushers......playing press man across the board......and Manning threw a ridiculous pick-6 and is looking befuddled.

Rex is f*cking this season up.

The Eagles.....with far less talent......are lining up their 4 man DL wide.....creating one-on-one opps for their pass rushers......playing press man across the board......and Manning threw a ridiculous pick-6 and is looking befuddled.

Rex is f*cking this season up.

i dont always agree with you. But you do know the game.

On this i do agree. spread the O line and hit them running. the gap control is not the game for thes guys. let em run, like beagles.

Hunt dog hunt.

He is too arrogant to change anything.

I thought it was a good hire, but it clearly is not to this point.

I've never seen a more obvious mis-use of talent in Buffalo.

The apologists who weep about the quick release throws should be watching this.

All we can do is hope that Rex can fix the defensive scheme, and cut down on the penalties more. Then there is the special teams that looks so much worse then last year with the same coach.

The season is far from over but it will be a whole lot less painful if the coaches get their heads out of their arses, and can fix this mess.

All we can do is hope that Rex can fix the defensive scheme, and cut down on the penalties more. Then there is the special teams that looks so much worse then last year with the same coach.

The season is far from over but it will be a whole lot less painful if the coaches get their heads out of their arses, and can fix this mess.

Yeah, for all the people looking down the line at how this team could win 10-11 games.........FIRST they need to start playing good football.

The answers are right in front of their face but they've been exposed since the NE game and they've yet to adjust on D.

Yeah, for all the people looking down the line at how this team could win 10-11 games.........FIRST they need to start playing good football.

The answers are right in front of their face but they've been exposed since the NE game and they've yet to adjust on D.

True. They also need to get and stay healthy.

Do people really believe this will be an easy win? The Jags are getting better and aren't the doormats they once were anymore. This Bills team isn't really a lock to beat anyone with their play, then throw in that they keep helping their opponents by keeping them in with penalties. the Bills struggled against a Titans team that was destroyed by the Dolphins yesterday

I am more surprised that people thought the Cincy game should have been a win.

With the problems on defense right now, this team isn't going anywhere.

Please realize, 34 points to the Bengals came 3/4 of the way through the game. The Pats scored all their points 3/4 of the way through... This D is worse than the stats even show! It was a blow out. If the Bengals needed more points, they would have broken 40.

People say the D played well vs Tennessee... that game was one play, one flag, one bounce from getting out of hand. The Bills D was very fortunate to hold Tennessee to 13pts. If they played them 10 times, they would not hold them to the same.

Seriously, Rex either needs to coach and adjust the D so that it works, or get the hell out

Deep breathe folks. We're 3-3 with a ton of injuries. We'll be alright.

Here are some positives:

- We get Aaron Kromer back to help coach up our O-Line

- Shady looks to be back healthy

- Karlos Williams should be back after the bye

- We have a forgiving schedule coming up

- The defense will make adjustments and improve

- Tyrod should be back healthy

- The AFC looks pretty week.

- Oh yeah, we play JAX and go into the bye to heal up

Teams that are doing well right now have been together for at least 2-3 years if not more. Our group is still forming and norming. I want us to be in the playoffs just as bad as anyone, but realistically I felt that this was going to happen. We're hitting a rough patch, but our play down the stretch will matter most.

Keep hope alive Buffalo.

Peter

What schedule are you looking at? If the Bills want to make the postseason they need to be 11-5 or maybe 10-6 (best case). They've used up 3 losses already and still play at NE (big home field advantage there, which I'm sure is totally for legit reasons and all) and the Jest twice. They'll also play Dallas late in the season with Romo likely back. They've got to win some of those 4 games, probably going 2-2 at worst, to keep playoff chances alive. There are a lot of games the Bills should win, but dropping any of those - and certainly not more than one - would make the road to the playoffs very, very difficult. That starts with taking care of the Jags in London, which I'm not all that confident about. The Jags are better than they were and we are likely starting EJ without much help at WR or RB. The defense is probably going to have to be the difference and last Sunday doesn't sit well on that front. Nothing to do but wait and see how the team responds though.

People shouldn't believe this is an easy win... at all. Jags are definitely improved. But it's obviously very winnable. And if this team can't get it together, come out and play like winners, and beat the Jacksonville Jaguars, then expecting a playoff run down the stretch seems pretty unrealistic.

I've never seen a more obvious mis-use of talent in Buffalo.

The apologists who weep about the quick release throws should be watching this.

The problem, at its root, is that Rex wants to force opposing QBs into the quick release throws, thinking that he can limit the plays that opposing OCs can run.

That doesn't work when your LBs and safeties can't anticipate plays quickly enough and/or cannot close/tackle when they do.

I'm trying to stay positive, but after 15 years of frustration, it just seems like more of the same. I'm also a Pirates fan and had to wait 20 years to break the non-losing season (and make the playoffs curse). I know it could turn around, but these injuries keep piling up and our division now looks out of reach. Now the Jets look like they could take our playoff spot if we can't start winning more than 1 game in a row. I thought we had the right pieces but the ridiculous penalties have to stop. The way we are playing no team looks beatable this year.

I too am a huge Bills and Pirates fan, that is a pretty rare thing, I feel your pain!

The problem, at its root, is that Rex wants to force opposing QBs into the quick release throws, thinking that he can limit the plays that opposing OCs can run.

That doesn't work when your LBs and safeties can't anticipate plays quickly enough and/or cannot close/tackle when they do.

It definitely isn't ideal when Rambo and duke are making those judgements Edited by NoSaint