Keep Calm: Get to the bye at 4-3 (and other positives)

Deep breathe folks. We're 3-3 with a ton of injuries. We'll be alright.

Here are some positives:

- We get Aaron Kromer back to help coach up our O-Line

- Shady looks to be back healthy

- Karlos Williams should be back after the bye

- We have a forgiving schedule coming up

- The defense will make adjustments and improve

- Tyrod should be back healthy

- The AFC looks pretty week.

- Oh yeah, we play JAX and go into the bye to heal up

Teams that are doing well right now have been together for at least 2-3 years if not more. Our group is still forming and norming. I want us to be in the playoffs just as bad as anyone, but realistically I felt that this was going to happen. We're hitting a rough patch, but our play down the stretch will matter most.

Keep hope alive Buffalo.

Peter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to win against Jax to get back above 0.500...and it's not an easy task for a team that will be missing several offensive pieces and Kyle Williams, and has to travel halfway across the world.

If, however, they can get to 4-3, then yeah, things have a shot to be alright. Rex needs to use the bye week to make defensive adjustments and start putting his key players in better positions to make plays.

They need to win against Jax to get back above 0.500...and it's not an easy task for a team that will be missing several offensive pieces and Kyle Williams, and has to travel halfway across the world.

If, however, they can get to 4-3, then yeah, things have a shot to be alright. Rex needs to use the bye week to make defensive adjustments and start putting his key players in better positions to make plays.

I believe Rex will make the necessary adjustments. Starts this week...

Do people really believe this will be an easy win? The Jags are getting better and aren't the doormats they once were anymore. This Bills team isn't really a lock to beat anyone with their play, then throw in that they keep helping their opponents by keeping them in with penalties. the Bills struggled against a Titans team that was destroyed by the Dolphins yesterday

Agreed - the injury bug can not continue all season - beat JAX then bye week and get healthy for a strong second half. Wins over Jax and Miami we are at 5-3. If we can stay healthy this team will be fine for the second half. I would rather have early injuries and finish strong and healthy. It all starts Sunday in London - let's win one there mates!!!!!

I'm trying to stay positive, but after 15 years of frustration, it just seems like more of the same. I'm also a Pirates fan and had to wait 20 years to break the non-losing season (and make the playoffs curse). I know it could turn around, but these injuries keep piling up and our division now looks out of reach. Now the Jets look like they could take our playoff spot if we can't start winning more than 1 game in a row. I thought we had the right pieces but the ridiculous penalties have to stop. The way we are playing no team looks beatable this year.

Do people really believe this will be an easy win? The Jags are getting better and aren't the doormats they once were anymore. This Bills team isn't really a lock to beat anyone with their play, then throw in that they keep helping their opponents by keeping them in with penalties. the Bills struggled against a Titans team that was destroyed by the Dolphins yesterday

This. Completely agree. Bills need to step up their play or they are in for a long season.

Just a disappointment to see a team with this kind of talent being misused. I'm not panicked, because I don't have any real expectations now. Just going to watch football until there is a reason not to.

Just a disappointment to see a team with this kind of talent being misused. I'm not panicked, because I don't have any real expectations now. Just going to watch football until there is a reason not to.

That's the way to go. At the end of the day, it's just a game that grown men get paid $$$$ to play. We all want the Bills in the playoffs very bad, but we need to think positive as a collective group and maybe our fortunes will change.

If we knew we'd be 4-3 at the bye I think we'd generally be happy, but not ecstatic.

We will see if we can get more consistent. I expected ups and downs but not quite the type we are seeing

It's not so miuch the record but the fact that we weren't even competitive yesterday. The defense is incredibly disappointing.

I get it...I really do. I agree that the defense in the 2nd half was quite disappointing. I don't really fault them for 17 points in the 1st half given that Cincinnati got the ball at the 50 twice and the 30 once.

Not adjusting to Dalton attacking the interior of the back 7 was really frustrating to watch, and I really am starting to wonder if Rex is sacrificing productivity in the pass rush in favor of creativity. He sounded--in his presser--as though he's going to alter the approach there; we shall see.

If we knew we'd be 4-3 at the bye I think we'd generally be happy, but not ecstatic.

We will see if we can get more consistent. I expected ups and downs but not quite the type we are seeing

Agreed.

Not panicking, but we are seeing that the Jets problems in the past had a lot more to do with the coaching than we may have originally believed.

I'm losing faith in Rex for one reason only, our defensive line.

I'm seeing the Jets problems had more to do with A . Crappy QB play, B. No #1 type WR, 3. A bad secondary. Players win more games than coaching does.

His presser started out frustrating and perplexing. He blamed the special teams and offense at first saying both units left opportunities on the field. Then unwillingly pointing out the defensive struggles after the media provoked him.

I'll believe he'll make adjustments when I see it.

he did similar and then addressed the penalties later (how effectively up for debate but his tone changed greatly). i think holding him to the reaction 5 minutes after the game is a tough standard. i think he will come around after review. theres no other way to see some of the troubles.

I hate these threads every year. Because it means same old Bills.

then please dont post in them.

some folks try to stay upbeat regardless. why insert some negativity? we know how you feel well enough. Not a knock on you Buddy. but think about it please.