EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

You want to talk about an overreaction....This is it. The team is 3-3 with plenty of season left.

Yeah, but they look like a mediocre team: competitive against weaker teams and basically uncompetitive against top-shelf teams. I know today's game was 17-14 at the half, but almost the entirety of the second half felt like garbage time to me. I thought Manuel looked ok, although his stats were boosted by Clay's three circus catches. The defense, ST, overall offensive scheme, the injuries, the mid-tier-level quarterbacking, and and the peripherals (ie, penalties) are in combination probably too much of an obstacle to get past 8-8.

Let's talk about EJ's play objectively.

He was not great, far from it.

He threw the ball short on some 3rd and long situations, that can't happen, which brings me to:

He needs to step into his throws and trust his reads, the protection was there most of the time.

He can't take the grounding penalty that pinned the team back in our endzone.

What is amazing is that for some reason, we can't have none of that, it's like this was EJ's 50 start in the league and he can't get better. Like Tyrod, he's still a young QB, wish he would let it rip more, like he said he would.

I didn't have a penalty with the grounding penalty. He would have been sacked otherwise.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I don't think I've seen anyone actually put all the blame on EJ for this loss. We should be able to point out that he's still making the same mistakes, though.

And if Tyrod played and looked just as poor, I'd point that out, too.

I did, and was lambasted last week and the week before.

Last seven were a gift. He was a 1st rd pick. Stop calling him a backup. call him what he is a bust.

The last seven were a gift? Ok. Your rage will not allow you to post objectively since you cannot counter my points with reasonable responses. The fact is he IS our backup QB and our backup QB did not lose us today's game. Our defensive and special teams failures did.

Yeah, but they look like a mediocre team: competitive against weaker teams and basically uncompetitive against top-shelf teams. I know today's game was 17-14 at the half, but almost the entirety of the second half felt like garbage time to me. I thought Manuel looked ok, although his stats were boosted by Clay's three circus catches. The defense, ST, overall offensive scheme, the injuries, the mid-tier-level quarterbacking, and and the peripherals (ie, penalties) are in combination probably too much of an obstacle to get past 8-8.

I didn't have a penalty with the grounding penalty. He would have been sacked otherwise.

Yea but the spin move to get there needs to be taken out of his list of acceptable responses to pressure. Edited by NoSaint

Some fans can spew rationally at all the issues.

Some fans don't want to see.

I see that EJ wasn't very good. But then he wasn't the one making costly penalties. He wasn't the one who couldn't stop a cold on defense.

You do realize the Bills Defense was not able to sack Andy Dalton and in fact only got one pressure on him all day!

Some fans are so myopic that all they see is the QB.

EJ did look more decisive and in control at the line of scrimmage before plays. His problem continues to be accuracy and consistency. He was better but still probably not good enough but really don't get all of the hate. The defense and special teams play awful but all of the talk is about EJ. Wow..

So let me get this straight.

Andy Dalton was 22 of 33 for 243 yards for a 66 2/3 completion percentage.

Ej was 28 of 42 for 263 yards for a 66 2/3 completion percentage... and it's just EJ that has accuracy issues.

I get it.

Oh, and EJ didn't make a single tackle on Special Teams, and don't get me started on Defense. He didn't even show up today on Defense at all.

I see that EJ wasn't very good. But then he wasn't the one making costly penalties. He wasn't the one who couldn't stop a cold on defense.

You do realize the Bills Defense was not able to sack Andy Dalton and in fact only got one pressure on him all day!

90 and 78 yard drives by CIN to start the 2nd half effectively ended the game.

The last seven were a gift? Ok. Your rage will not allow you to post objectively since you cannot counter my points with reasonable responses. The fact is he IS our backup QB and our backup QB did not lose us today's game. Our defensive and special teams failures did.

ME! Really? The fact that you are referring to him as the BACKUP says it all. No rage just realistic perspective.

Only when they don't like said QB.

Yep. I've complained about the D, too. Making it all about the QB is too simple.

Too many people are trying to take one side, though, or accusing others of only taking one side.

Edited by LeGOATski

Yea but the spin move to get there needs to be taken out of his list of acceptable responses to pressure.

The spin move was fine, you just can't go back after you've spun like that. EJ had lots of open field to his left either to run, throw it away or try to find a receiver. He went back to the right where all the defenders were.

So let me get this straight.

Andy Dalton was 22 of 33 for 243 yards for a 66 2/3 completion percentage.

Ej was 28 of 42 for 263 yards for a 66 2/3 completion percentage... and it's just EJ that has accuracy issues.

I get it.

Oh, and EJ didn't make a single tackle on Special Teams, and don't get me started on Defense. He didn't even show up today on Defense at all.

He does have accuracy issues. Stats don't tell the whole story sometimes. He missed several throws that should have been completions and had several completions where the receiver had to stop or dive to catch instead of making the catch in stride to add yards to the play.

With that said, the loss has to be on the defense and special teams. Not sure which unit is worse right now.

Anyone that is crowing that EJ played bad has to check their agenda. He didn't play well. But he didn't have his top 2 receivers and the Defense put him in a bad position. EJ is the backup at this point, he didn't lose the game.

Some people just want to pat themselves on the back so bad. Congratulations, EJ did not have a great game.

We seriously need to stop making excuses week after week, year after year for the bad QB play in Buffalo.

You put Brady, Luck or Aaron Rodgers under center and I'll put money that he gets Woods, Hogan, Gragg and Clay the ball.

We have bad QBs and now apparently the offensive system sucks this year also.

He does have accuracy issues. Stats don't tell the whole story sometimes. He missed several throws that should have been completions and had several completions where the receiver had to stop or dive to catch instead of making the catch in stride to add yards to the play.

With that said, the loss has to be on the defense and special teams. Not sure which unit is worse right now.

I'll tell you, it's special teams. The defense at least shows up sometimes. Colton Schmidt and Garrison Sanborn can only do so much to save their unit.

We seriously need to stop making excuses week after week, year after year for the bad QB play in Buffalo.

You put Brady, Luck or Aaron Rodgers under center and I'll put money that he gets Woods, Hogan, Gragg and Clay the ball.

Put Connor Cook under center. :D

And yet, you need to be patient with young QBs, something we, as a fanbase, are not.

Yeah. I don't think I've seen anyone actually put all the blame on EJ for this loss. We should be able to point out that he's still making the same mistakes, though.

And if Tyrod played and looked just as poor, I'd point that out, too.

Look at the threads with lots of replies. Why is it the EJ theeads have loads of people ripping him and these same posters arent ripping the D or ST in other threads? I see people saying they're unhappy with these other elements too but dont see the posts actually supporting this. The hate for the guy is mind boggling.