Is Bill Parcells Racist

Protocal69

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/09/25/bill-parcells-says-rgiii-is-the-poster-boy-for-young-qbs-too-worried-about-their-brand/

While I can understand his premise, the fact that he included EJ Manuel can be further from the truth. You can say what you want about EJ quarterback skills, the one thing I dont think you can question is his work ethic.

• I have never seen him in a commerical in my life
  • To my knowledge I dont think he has ever even gotten a speeding ticket
  • Universally known as the 1st one in and the last one out type of player
  • Is a hunble as you can expect a pro player to be.

Now what I do find interesting is,he named all Black QB as the bad ones, and leaving all the bad white ones off his list. No mentioned of Johnny Football and his alcohol issues and partying up( Hope is doing well by the way) and other white QB's that may of brought into the own press clipping( Ryan Leaf)

Its 2015 and I see some racial sterotypes die hard

Edited by Protocal69

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/09/25/bill-parcells-says-rgiii-is-the-poster-boy-for-young-qbs-too-worried-about-their-brand/

While I can understand his premise, the fact that he included EJ Manuel can be further from the truth. You can say what you want about EJ quarterback skills, the one thing I dont think you can question is his work ethic.

Now what I do find interesting is,he named all Black QB as the bad ones, and leaving all the bad white ones off his list. No mentioned of Johnny Football and his alcohol issues and partying up( Hope is doing well by the way) and other white QB's that may of brought into the own press clipping( Ryan Leaf)

He named a grand total of 3 QB's. Some got left off the list.

Throwing EJ on his list of "pampered prima donnas" so to speak who don't realize they have to play and are just trying to build a brand is INSANE.

He obviously doesn't know much about EJ or followed his career very closely to date.

Didn't EJ sign some exclusive memorabilia deal or something as a rookie?

I remember seeing that and thinking........this guy is not going to be a big stat accumulating QB for several years........if ever.....so why would anyone do that?

Definitely seemed like it was putting the cart WAYYYY before the horse for a game manager type.

What made EJ stand out as a prospect was his ability to just keep drives moving.

It was evidenced in the Senior Bowl....and initially that's what he showed in TC and early season in Marrone year 1.

Didn't EJ sign some exclusive memorabilia deal or something as a rookie?

I remember seeing that and thinking........this guy is not going to be a big stat accumulating QB for several years........if ever.....so why would anyone do that?

Definitely seemed like it was putting the cart WAYYYY before the horse for a game manager type.

What made EJ stand out as a prospect was his ability to just keep drives moving.

It was evidenced in the Senior Bowl....and initially that's what he showed in TC and early season in Marrone year 1.

I believe it was that you could buy stock in EJ.

EJ has no business on this list.

This reminds me of when Cliff Clavin was on Jeopardy and his answer was "who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?"

As someone else mentioned, Parcells must have EJ confused with someone else. The issue may not be whether Parcells is a racist but whether he experiencing the first signs of senility.

Edited by Peter

I don't think so...having seen his run with the Giants, he was a fan of a certain type of humility combined with a workman's/warrior mentality. He loved these guys and vice versa....all colors represented. Just a guy from an era now gone not loving the modern "star" draft picks. He was also from the era where a rookie QB could plan spending the next 4-5 years learning from the sidelines.

Simms

Bavaro

Harry Carson

Carl Banks

Maurice Carthon

Leonard Marshall

Jim Burt

Brad Benson

even LT...

Andrew Luck is definitely guilty of "building his brand" through advertising and so is Peyton Manning sooo

In all fairness Luck was a big time producer before he started showing up in commercials.

I don't necessarily agree with Parcels take on EJ......but there was that whole "buy stock in EJ" thing and more importantly he had his moments with reporters where he appeared more than satisfied with his play......when it clearly was not satisfactory.

I am an EJ supporter but as he found out....he didn't know what he didn't know.....and his time behind Kyle Orton was an eye opener wrt what is expected of an NFL QB.

If you intend to be a franchise QB, not being able to at least prepare at the level of a Jack Daniel's soaked journeyman backup is your first sign that you have a long way to go.

After reading the article, I thought it was a stretch to suggest that Parcells is a racist. Yes, the white QBs were positively mentioned while the black ones were used as negative examples. But he only mentions a few QBs by name. It could easily all be a coincidence.

And I get filthymcnasty08's point. Parcells seemed to hold some of his black players in very high regard when he was coaching.

But...

Including EJ as one of the spoiled prima donnas is just wrong. When someone distorts the truth to make a point, you wonder what their real objective is.

Then there's Jimmy's video. Embarrassing stuff.

Edited by hondo in seattle