Is Bill Parcells Racist

Protocal69

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood peoples desire to backwards ascribe today's morality on people whose morals weren't formed today, and the general whitewashing of out history to protect the new narrative.

LOL "new narrative." Bill Parcells wasn't out blasting wildlife with Teddy Roosevelt. He's a very smart, very public figure alive today who chose to blather on about orientals and japs in front of a hot mic.

LOL "whitewashing history." That's my favorite part! You could easily make the point he wanted to make, while being historically accurate, and refer to "kamikaze" plays.

Just because his worldview was formed in the 1940s doesn't make it OK.

After reading the article, I thought it was a stretch to suggest that Parcells is a racist. Yes, the white QBs were positively mentioned while the black ones were used as negative examples. But he only mentions a few QBs by name. It could easily all be a coincidence.

And I get filthymcnasty08's point. Parcells seemed to hold some of his black players in very high regard when he was coaching.

But...

Including EJ as one of the spoiled prima donnas is just wrong. When someone distorts the truth to make a point, you wonder what their real objective is.

Then there's Jimmy's video. Embarrassing stuff.

Would I accuse him of parading around in a hood and committing atrocities? No. I have no idea what he's like behind closed doors.

But I think it's obvious he holds some stereotypes. Reading these comments I think it's clear that he's the type that's prone to call white players heady or hardworkers, for instance.

The three players he singled out have very little in common beyond position, round drafted and race.

Is he history's greatest monster? Of course not. He's just an ass.

I recommend reading the ray lucas piece. I can't read parcells' mind, but i think his issue is with highly touted high-first round picks regardless of background. You're talking about a guy who took pepper johnson wherever he went. Most of his "guys" were black too.

Maybe he confused EJ for Jameis Winston, because, you know, Parcells is an old man and all FSU QBS look alike.

Seriously, maybe he did mix them up. Otherwise, I have no idea why you would lump EJ into the category of self promoters. Yes, I know about the stock but that was a "quiet" attempt at a business venture in my opinion. He was betting on himself, not self promoting. And as far as Luck goes, Parcells is full of crap. He is starting to show up on multiple commercials, including one for an investment firm where he pulls his beard hair and has people blow it for good "luck". I don't think Parcells is racist, but I do think he is way off base here.

LOL "new narrative." Bill Parcells wasn't out blasting wildlife with Teddy Roosevelt. He's a very smart, very public figure alive today who chose to blather on about orientals and japs in front of a hot mic.

LOL "whitewashing history." That's my favorite part! You could easily make the point he wanted to make, while being historically accurate, and refer to "kamikaze" plays.

Just because his worldview was formed in the 1940s doesn't make it OK.

Parcells was 4 when we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. He grew up in the era of Japanese Internment.

Modern liberalism seeks to make the normal of prior eras wrong in revision. That's idiocy.

Parcells was 4 when we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. He grew up in the era of Japanese Internment.

Modern liberalism seeks to make the normal of prior eras wrong in revision. That's idiocy.

Hey look, it's the guy who has to make everything liberal/conservative.

Big Tuna equated "Japs" and "Orientals" live on camera while saying "all due respect." That's idiocy.

In all fairness Luck was a big time producer before he started showing up in commercials.

I don't necessarily agree with Parcels take on EJ......but there was that whole "buy stock in EJ" thing and more importantly he had his moments with reporters where he appeared more than satisfied with his play......when it clearly was not satisfactory.

I am an EJ supporter but as he found out....he didn't know what he didn't know.....and his time behind Kyle Orton was an eye opener wrt what is expected of an NFL QB.

If you intend to be a franchise QB, not being able to at least prepare at the level of a Jack Daniel's soaked journeyman backup is your first sign that you have a long way to go.

What the heck are you talking about? You are so off base to even indulge Parcells including EJ on that list.

I believe it was that you could buy stock in EJ.

Yes, and do you remember when he would flex his muscles and stare at the sky after one of his rare touchdowns as a rookie?

This has nothing to do with race imo. Zero. The truth is that many of the highly drafted players were considered great before they got into high school. Many are pampered and perceive themselves as players who can't miss. It's hard to blame them too.

Watching EJ on the sidelines, he is impressive. I don't see him pouting and he is into and part of the game, or so it would seem. I have my doubts if he will ever be any good but it looks to me as if his attitude has changed for the better. This can be seen as nothing but a positive.

I don't think there was ever a legitimate question about EJ Manuel's attitude. His play? Sure - lots of legitimate questions about that... but he deserves no place in this list. I don't get why people still pay attention to anything Parcells says - he was a very good coach a long, long time ago. The record of teams he has been involved in since the mid 90s is no better than average. The game and the world have moved on and his outdated ideas have no place.

The game and the world have moved on and his outdated ideas have no place.

Agree, agree and disagree.

I am not so fast to push aside the knowledge of Bill Parcells. The bottom line is that he has coached young men to win.

The game WAS way different back in the day. This is beyond dispute. I once heard a player named Deacon Jones (not sure how old you are) say that if a player scored a touchdown and danced, he would kill him. People on the panel laughed and he said that he was serious. Deacon Jones btw is black.

In any event, I am unwilling to label Parcells a racist for his comments (NOT saying that you did).