Bengals fans reaction to QB situation in Bflo

YoloinOhio

they are walking that fine line of fan bravado having beaten the Seahawks and undefeated, and having that nagging feeling that the team is basically the same one that has shown over and over they can't handle success. Considering Dalton got booed by the people of Cincy when he walked up to the plate at the Celebrtity Golf Tournament during All-Star weekend, he's not out of the woods after just 5 games.

agreed. If I recall, Dalton always seems to start of every season near the top 5 in QB statistics and end up in the middle of the pack. He tends to fade later in the season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills best chance is that this is a "let-down" game after the emotional comeback of the Seattle game. With the injuries and over-all lack of production on both sides of the ball, the Bills will be fortunate to keep this close, let alone pull the upset. I'll watch expecting yet another loss at home (WTF?) and hoping for the upset of the week instead. We shall see...

The Bills best chance is that this is a "let-down" game after the emotional comeback of the Seattle game. With the injuries and over-all lack of production on both sides of the ball, the Bills will be fortunate to keep this close, let alone pull the upset. I'll watch expecting yet another loss at home (WTF?) and hoping for the upset of the week instead. We shall see...

This is where I am as well. I am fine with EJ starting because I simply don't see the rest of the team as healthy enough to really compete. But then I start getting optimistic look at who they've played...etc...

I will never forget this game from last year on TNF. It was in Cincy. Cincy clearly had the better team but Pettine's guys rolled in there and knocked the snot out of them. The Browns weren't particularly impressive offensively but they ran all over them, played great D, and forced 4 turnovers. It was the worst I've seen Dalton look, ever.

No doubt Rex is studying that film. And maybe talking to his buddy Mike.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554328

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm on the side that they have a right to be confident. They have looked good on both sides of the ball, and Dalton is having a career season. Eifert is finally playing as expected and Green and Sanu are legit.

Still, this is our house and Shady returning tells me the Bills know how serious this game is. For the Bengals, this is an out of division game when they have a huge lead within it. For the Bills it's scratching and clawing to get as many wins as they can to not get left behind.

I'm on the side that they have a right to be confident. They have looked good on both sides of the ball, and Dalton is having a career season. Eifert is finally playing as expected and Green and Sanu are legit.

Still, this is our house and Shady returning tells me the Bills know how serious this game is. For the Bengals, this is an out of division game when they have a huge lead within it. For the Bills it's scratching and clawing to get as many wins as they can to not get left behind.

of course they have a right to be confident. I guess maybe we have a more cautious fan base. They had like zero concerns about the game from a personnel standpoint. I realize that Dalton has started out hot and they have hella offensive weapons but Their center is Russel Bodine who is terrible. He is the worst ranked center in the league in PFF. Dareus could have another huge day. I didn't see anyone mention any Bills players other than Tyrod and EJ. I just must be used to our fans who worry about stuff. Edited by YoloinOhio

of course they have a right to be confident. I guess maybe we have a more cautious fan base. They had like zero concerns about the game from a personnel standpoint. I realize that Dalton has started out hot and they have hella offensive weapons but Their center is Russel Bodine who is terrible. He is the worst ranked center in the league in PFF. Dareus could have another huge day. I didn't see anyone mention any Bills players other than Tyrod and EJ. I just must be used to our fans who worry about stuff.

Good pickup on the center. Hopefully Dareus comes to rock out.

I do agree that, for the most part, on this board we try to research the other teams we face and take more than a cursory glance.

Good pickup on the center. Hopefully Dareus comes to rock out.

I do agree that, for the most part, on this board we try to research the other teams we face and take more than a cursory glance.

its just funny how they have threads titled "ermagerd we're going 6-ohhhhhhh!!!" as they get ready to go on the road vs a team with a winning record. they have no sense of jinx or anything. If that were posted here they would lock that baby up in minutes. Even Pats fans expressed more concern! Lol

its just funny how they have threads titled "ermagerd we're going 6-ohhhhhhh!!!" as they get ready to go on the road vs a team with a winning record. they have no sense of jinx or anything. If that were posted here they would lock that baby up in minutes. Even Pats fans expressed more concern! Lol

It takes all kinds and it's all in good fun after all. Remember back to when there were threads and posts here by Bills fans that had no doubt in their minds that the Bills were going to make the Pats their B word a few weeks ago. It happens :)