Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

Could EJ possibly be an upgrade in this regard???

People are going to try and talk themselves into whatever they like, that's human nature. But Roman and Ryan picked Taylor over Manuel for a reason, that reason being that in their opinion Taylor gives them the better chance of winning overall. Period. Even when Taylor was obviously banged up Sunday after the pseudo horse collar, they put Manuel in for one play only and it was a simple hand off. Even now after signing a QB off the street, Ryan is still holding out hope that Taylor can still play Sunday. It is exceptionally clear that Roman and Ryan don't view Manuel as an upgrade ... in any regard.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woods says:

A lot of guys are open. Were just trying to be an open target for Tyrod theres a lot going on in the pocket. Defenses are throwing a lot of stuff at him. But just trying to be open. When the balls in the air, were trying to get it. But other than that, were just trying to be an open target for him.

Woods is pretty clearly saying that Tyrod doesn't always find the open guy.

I know EJ was not a master at finding the open receiver in previous years but seemed pretty adept at it this preseason. Could EJ possibly be an upgrade in this regard???

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/13/receiver-woods-more-than-happy-to-throw-a-block-when-necessary/

That has been my only real concern with Taylor's play (other than staying healthy). He hasn't moved through his progressions well even when he has had the time. He seemed to go through his progressions more in preseason, IMO. In fairness, there's no point in going through progressions when the first read is open, he has just left some plays out there by sticking with his first read. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

That has been my only real concern with Taylor's play (other than staying healthy). He hasn't moved through his progressions well even when he has had the time. He seemed to go through his progressions more in preseason, IMO. In fairness, there's no point in going through progressions when the first read is open, he has just left some plays out there by sticking with his first read.

Slow eyes???

It will take a monumental effort for EJ to overcome TT as the starter IMO. I think he has to go at least 2-1, and he has to be a big part of the reason we win those two while subsequently not being the reason at all that we lose that one.

Have I missed something that says Tyrod might miss three games? I was working on the basis that at worst he would miss this Sunday and the London game and be back post-bye.

I also suspect the Bills will do everything to give him a chance to play this week with the idea of then not even bringing him to London and shutting him down for 2 full weeks.

Have I missed something that says Tyrod might miss three games? I was working on the basis that at worst he would miss this Sunday and the London game and be back post-bye.

I also suspect the Bills will do everything to give him a chance to play this week with the idea of then not even bringing him to London and shutting him down for 2 full weeks.

If they are going to shut him down for London and the bye week, there's really no reason to rush him back for the Cincy game and risk making his injury worse. I get what you're saying but I don't think it's worth it in the long run.

Edited by The Wiz

it has been *specuated* that based on the nature of the injury and how it occurred that it is a grade 1/2 sprain and he could be back as soon as week 7 (1 game) or as late as week 9 (2 games). This was from an orthopedic surgeon but based on video of the injury. Lacanfora said "may miss multiple games" but per the Bills he could still play this week depending on how practice goes.

It should be noted that the ortho also surmised that he could return as a pocket passer but won't be as dynamic outside the pocket if he were to come back "early"

Edited by YoloinOhio

It'd be really dumb to have Tyrod play as a 'pocket passer' due to an injured knee/ankle. He takes his sweet time, and our line is average at best. He will get hit. And defensive players will be aiming to put a little roll/tug into said hits.

"Insider Buzz: Bills GM Could Be on Hot Seat If EJ Manuel Struggles in Week 6"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579047-insider-buzz-bills-gm-could-be-under-fire-if-ej-manuel-struggles-in-week-6

that is absurd: whaley has, for the most part, crushed the draft and FA, but thanks, B/R!

Yeah...and I could find $100 in my shoe when I take it off.

"Insider Buzz: Bills GM Could Be on Hot Seat If EJ Manuel Struggles in Week 6"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579047-insider-buzz-bills-gm-could-be-under-fire-if-ej-manuel-struggles-in-week-6

that is absurd: whaley has, for the most part, crushed the draft and FA, but thanks, B/R!

Hilarious. Is the Vikings GM also on the hot seat if Teddy B gets hurt, since he also traded Matt Cassel?

Its hard when Im right... I hope EJ plays well..the job will be Tyrod unless EJ plays two games straight with over 300 yards passing and two wins...

Posted by GoBills! on 27 August 2015 - 06:22 PM in The Stadium Wall

Tyrod will start then will go down injured week 5-8 EJ will take over as he can run a similar style offense. I don't think Tyrod can make a whole season how many season did Vick play 16 games ?

Classic over reactions. I loved the article about Fred in Seattle where he talks about how even keeled they are out there.

"You notice how even-keeled people are," Jackson said. "We're 2-3, and its not like we are self-imploding or it's the end of the world. There's confidence we'll get to where we want to be. It's all in our control"

Looking at the top teams you see that's how they do things. Calculated decisions and not reacting, over reaching, changing after a bump. If EJ is in on Sunday and the line protects him we will be fine. He showed us that in Preseason when he played with the #1s. We should expect that the line will protect the QB. We need to get more in the mindset of the Steelers, Patriots, Packers etc. and stop the churn and blaming everyone.

Edited by Catch it Sammy

Its hard when Im right... I hope EJ plays well..the job will be Tyrod unless EJ plays two games straight with over 300 yards passing and two wins...

Posted by GoBills! on 27 August 2015 - 06:22 PM in The Stadium Wall

Tyrod will start then will go down injured week 5-8 EJ will take over as he can run a similar style offense. I don't think Tyrod can make a whole season how many season did Vick play 16 games ?

congratulations, do you want what's in the box or what's behind the curtain or what's behind the door?

I agree this sounds like the best case scenario.

Cinncy needs to game plan for two different QBs - maybe even try to film of Johnson.

But I think Tyrod, Sammy, Shady and Karlos play and beat the Bengals Sunday. Hell, even Aaron will be there. #ultimatesmokescreen