Sean Payton Staying with the Saints

Report: Teams ask Saints about Payton trade

The Miami Dolphins are expected to make a "splash" move this offseason when it comes to finding a new coach. CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported Sunday morning owner Stephen Ross might be interested in chasing Saints coach Sean Payton via trade (or if he hits the market).

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Miami gives up 2 first round picks for him that would be awesome!

Payton without Brees does not particularly scare me.

I remember all the way back when he was the Giants OC and Fassel pulled his playcalling duties and that turned around the Giants season and they went to the SB that year.

Vince Lombardi II he is not.

I remember all the way back when he was the Giants OC and Fassel pulled his playcalling duties and that turned around the Giants season and they went to the SB that year.

Payton with Luck is scarier to me than him landing in Miami.

But they have the great Ryan Tannehill.

From what I understand, that move by Fassel is the reason he's never sniffed a coaching job again. Word in ny at the time is that fassel was the problem and that he shifted the blame unfairly to payton. Parcells was a big payton fan, and i'll take parcells' opinion any day over fassel's. Edited by dave mcbride

last year everyone wanted defensive minded coaches. this year everyone is going to want offensive minded coaches. Greg Roman has to be near the top of that list and he will get some interviews but I'm hoping he comes back for 1 more year

Payton to Indy would be something to watch. Irsay has a history of making moves as such. It's fairly obvious Pagano will not be back. I could see Jim doing "whatever it takes" to get Sean on the sidelines. He would already have plenty of weapons on offense to utilize in Luck, Hilton, Johnson, Dorsett, Moncrief, Allen, Fleener, and Gore.

Edited by H2o

Payton to Indy would be something to watch. Irsay has a history of making moves as such. It's fairly obvious Pagano will not be back. I could see Jim doing "whatever it takes" to get Sean on the sidelines. He would already have plenty of weapons on offense to utilize in Luck, Hilton, Johnson, Dorsett, Moncrief, Allen, Fleener, and Gore.

and pairing an owner with a drug issue with a coach that may or may not dabble in recreational partying, could be quite the sight to see.

Did anyone else catch Peter King and the other reporter on the Sunday Night show last night on NBC? King quoted Belichick for saying it is better to leave a year early then a year to late. They were talking about Payton, it seemed like it was not really meant for the air?

I caught that too. It was meant for the air, I think they were trying for one of those "candid" segments between breaks. They knew their mics were on... but it was an interesting (and accurate) comment. :beer:

Payton asks Saints players, coaches to look in mirror

After the Saints dropped to 1-4 in Philadelphia on Sunday, Sean Payton asked his players and coaches to face themselves for once.

"He was just like this whole speech about just take a look in the mirror, everybody, coaches, players, everybody and get it corrected," Kenny Vaccaro said, via The Times-Picayune. "He wants to see the leaders on this team step up in times like this and get us out of this hole. That's what it's gonna take. Somebody."

Against the Eagles, no such leaders were found. Even Payton and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan seemed to be arguing among themselves -- a common occurrence during New Orleans' recent slide from divisional prominence.

Sounds like a change of scenery would do him some good. Benson isn't in good health and the franchise doesn't seem very stable these days.

Payton asks Saints players, coaches to look in mirror

Sounds like a change of scenery would do him some good. Benson isn't in good health and the franchise doesn't seem very stable these days.

sometimes those intense guys find techiques wear out over time. Fresh ears might be the solution, given that it seems the last year or two that the locker room isnt responding like it once did. i didnt think it would get to this talk this year, but it seems a fair conversation at this point. Edited by NoSaint