Defense must play great today

I agree with dried meat that the secondary is a big problem....

Maybe the problem is the way this defense is built... all that $$ on DL and they "cannot" get home because of weaknesses in the back. That's on Rex/Whaley then.

maybe what we are learning is that the secondary is more important than the DL overall

When Rex had his great defenses he had elite CBs, LBs and safeties and 1 great DT

Bills have an elite secondary. But the drop off from the ones, Williams and Graham, has been an issue. Rambo and Duke have nearly screwed the team more than once. For shame.

Edited by 3rdand12

How exactly? He won't play in the slot, and I don't think they'll take Darby off the field. Yea, having him back will be great for depth and a veteran presence. But I don't think it will help A LOT

Leodis just stacks the secondary !

Now if he could play safety (i dont think so). But Rambo and or Duke need to improve in the mental aspect and quick..

Yes, they weren't perfect, but did hold Tenn. to 13 points. I expected the offense to struggle without McCoy, Williams and Watkins and they definitely did. I am a bit disappointed that Robert Woods wasn't more involved. I think he is very good, but either he didn't get open or Taylor wasn't seeing him.

Yes, they weren't perfect, but did hold Tenn. to 13 points. I expected the offense to struggle without McCoy, Williams and Watkins and they definitely did. I am a bit disappointed that Robert Woods wasn't more involved. I think he is very good, but either he didn't get open or Taylor wasn't seeing him.

had an amazing block on TT's TD. Took out two guys!

But yeah , the passing game was not there until the huge dime to Hogan. Reminded me so much of Minnesota last year.

They did!!!'

They started off shaky but got very good and made the rookie look like a rookie in the second half.

People are going to b*tch about the offense but the D was not doing a good job getting off the field early and that allowed the Tacks to keep pinning the O back so the lack of production on offense was due in part to the D giving up a TON of small but productive plays.

The D was going to have to dominate today because the RB's on this team are just terrible and the receiving corps is being exposed as 1 #1 and a bunch of nice 3's, when push comes to shove.

Tenn really played it close to the vest....they punted inside Bills territory 3 or 4 times.....and it ended up costing them.

Looked like the D cleared up some of their communication issues.

The D was very good, a little bend don't break in the first half but they constantly kept them from scoring only yielding the one field goal. The second half they gave up the lone TD on a short field and a field goal on a long drive. But the Defense kept the team in the game making the big plays. They got the turn over on the last drive but they also stood fairly strong esp when you consider how the offense was doing zero in the first half.

Marcus Mariota was 1-of-7 with an interception passing 10+ yards downfield Sunday.

Since going 5-of-5 on such passes in his debut, Mariota has completed 41.9% attempts thrown 10+ yards downfield. (Per ESPN Stats and Info.)

Like Tannehill......this may prove to be Mariota's weakness.

The proliferation of the short passing game in college has created some situations where some highly regarded QB's are making it all the way to starting NFL jobs before teams know if they can accurately deliver the deep ball.

How good TT can become is uncertain but it's no small thing that he throws the deep ball fairly well.

Like Tannehill......this may prove to be Mariota's weakness.

The proliferation of the short passing game in college has created some situations where some highly regarded QB's are making it all the way to starting NFL jobs before teams know if they can accurately deliver the deep ball.

How good TT can become is uncertain but it's no small thing that he throws the deep ball fairly well.

Agreed.

Mariota had Wright? open deep after he put a good move on Gilmore and Mariota under threw him. It was a really bad throw.

Agreed.

Mariota had Wright? open deep after he put a good move on Gilmore and Mariota under threw him. It was a really bad throw.

the one where he got picked off by Gilmore? It was a bad throw because Dareus was bearing down on him as he threw it Edited by YoloinOhio

the one where he got picked off by Gilmore? It was a bad throw because Dareus was bearing down on him as he threw it

No the one earlier in the game, think it might have been first half. He had room to step up and throw and he under threw it and allowed Gilmore to come back and break it up. Gilmore had his back to the ball, thought he might have been called for face guarding but they let it go.

No the one earlier in the game, think it might have been first half. He had room to step up and throw and he under threw it and allowed Gilmore to come back and break it up. Gilmore had his back to the ball, thought he might have been called for face guarding but they let it go.

oh - ok. Yeah the deep ball isn't his forte.

Well, the defense played very well in my opinion, and the DL DID make some huge plays, so I'm happy to see that!

The most important part is the W. Just stack those up now, especially since the teams we thought would be right there for the wild card are falling apart (Ravens, KC, Houston)

It was said over and over that the Bills D was getting tired playing so much, but I think the Titans O-line also wears down having to defend them so long. Our line played better late, I think, because the Titans O-line got tired.

... and Lewin went out late in the game. His replacement was awful.