Titans trolling the Bills? Team tweeting about MCM.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim Kelly wouldn't change a thing. That was Frank Reich's day.

if Chris Brown did an article on the backup qb leading that day instead of the hall of famer, and it was all about their relationship and such.... i wouldnt think it to be trolling the other side. Just reliving a fun memory.

if it was calling out the other teams ineptitude, sure.

Best image I can find of it.

903580-1.jpg?w=600&h=853

Unfortunately that shows a pretty clear image of the ball traveling backwards, even if the players are positioned in a way that makes it look forward.

Unfortunately that shows a pretty clear image of the ball traveling backwards, even if the players are positioned in a way that makes it look forward.

The flight arc of the ball makes it appear like that's the case, but that ball was traveling forward i tell you

ive settled on having talked myself into and out of it several times that I cant fault a Ref even if he had it wrong in real time. its close enough that you simply live with the call and wish the lane was covered properly

The flight arc of the ball makes it appear like that's the case, but that ball was traveling forward i tell you

Ding ding ding- that is correct!!! In the first photo the ball isn't forward of it's location in the second, it is simply at the top of it's arch. The camera angle makes it appear like it moved backwards, but it didn't.

If you find a screen shot of the ball as it leaves the passers hand, and right when it's caught, you can easily see it's a forward pass. The flight path of the ball is completely irrelevant.

But as stated, you can't really fault the refs it was so close. Unlike the Ginats game Sunday!!!!

Yeah, not that it matters because the call can never be changed anyway, but as much as some of our fellow Bills brethren want to pretend it wasn't, by the letter of the law, it was a legal backwards lateral.

Edited by Talley56

Best image I can find of it.

903580-1.jpg?w=600&h=853

Only problem is that picture compares apples and oranges. The ball is thrown and caught at different heights, so you can't really compare them.

I never thought it was definitely backwards. I have always thought it was as close to perfectly straight as humanly possible. One thing is for certain: it wasn't definitely forward. It was pretty much the classic case of inconclusive. It would have been insane and the wrong call for the refs to overturn it. That's it.

I've officially spent WAY too much time on this, but bear with me.

It's a matter of perspective. You would have to move the ball (thrown location) down to the same height as the caught location and compare the distance to the line.

(Ignore the actual dimensions. They are measured in the program and the images are not scaled correct, but it still show how close and possibly forward the pass was.)

The video (On NFL.com) appears to show the ball moving back towards the line. It actually just moves further down than forward.

Obviously I can't post pictures.

post-10620-0-33184400-1444422734_thumb.jpg

post-10620-0-96669900-1444423239_thumb.jpg

Edited by AdamK