A day later, Rex changes tune on approach to penalties

YoloinOhio

Rex is going to be Rex...It is what it is and something we all...myself included...should have realized when he was hired...After all, he almost immediately decided to change the #4 Defense in the NFL in order to bring in his system and his DC...That should have been our first clue...I'm guessing just about any other HC would have begged Schwartz to come back...I mean literally begged...I think I know Rex well enough now to know he did not beg... ;)

Truth. Now it's up to Rex to grow as a person and coach if he truly wants to achieve success. I get where he's coming from but in team sports there is a balance between freedom and structure. I also think this is not a very marketable reality of the Buffalo Bills and the FO will do something about it. It made me sick watching the game yesterday, these are grown, talented men behaving like 4 year olds.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this?

You get a personal foul, you sit the rest of the game and the next one. I don't care who you are.

Player should get pulled out for a series at least. Your approach is too much as we would lose Larry Hughes for the rest of the year and still would like to reach the playoffs. :-)

I would like to see the veterans institute a kangaroo court with fines (progressing for repeated infractions). And Rex lay down the law about it.

Player should get pulled out for a series at least. Your approach is too much as we would lose Larry Hughes for the rest of the year and still would like to reach the playoffs. :-)

I would like to see the veterans institute a kangaroo court with fines (progressing for repeated infractions). And Rex lay down the law about it.

Maybe this is the problem.. Jerry's brother Larry is playing in his uniform! :D

Just cut his ass.

For half the penalties called on the Bills, I can find an example of the same thing not called on another team in another game.

Don't know how Ryan's going to address that. The Bills have to play like choir boys to appease the refs.

Exactly right DC Tom! Give them any sort of reason and the fag is flying.

I took it to mean (just how I personally interpreted it) that he was proud of them for not laying down and getting blown out but for continuing to "fight" until the end. I didn't think he meant "fight" literally (though both teams took their shots with OBJ throwing a punch) because he said the same thing after the Pats* game. But with the emotion came the penalties, which he didn't like, but was trying to say he was proud of them for caring so much and not saying "oh well, its just not our day" and packing it in. I may not have said that well but that's kind of what I took from it.

This

You mean you haven't seen personal fouls called on other teams for patting their teammates on the helmet for good plays??

It happened on my son's high school football team. My son was the Mike, and the Will came up and slugged him in the arm after a good tackle. They gave the Will a 15 yard penalty for throwing a punch.

What people fail to realize is that coaches after to go back and go over game film before answering some questions presented by the media......

Never understood grilling a coach RIGHT after a game.

A coach in command of the situation knows that isn't the best time to answer that question and he should defer until he and his staff have a chance to review the plays. Rex is too impulsive for his own good at times. Makes me wonder about his critical thinking skills as a HC.

GO BILLS!!!

A coach in command of the situation knows that isn't the best time to answer that question and he should defer until he and his staff have a chance to review the plays. Rex is too impulsive for his own good at times. Makes me wonder about his critical thinking skills as a HC.

GO BILLS!!!

A coach in command of the situation would not have needed a day to realize what many had figured out in real time--his players continue to make stupid mistakes and lack discipline.

A coach in command would not have immediately blamed others (refs). Next we'll hear through sources that it was Idzik's fault....

That call on Urbik on the Taylor TD run was really weak.

Taylor was 15 yards down field when the flag was thrown in the backfield

How about this?

You get a personal foul, you sit the rest of the game and the next one. I don't care who you are.

Some personal fouls just happen. Some are totally avoidable. There has to be a method to the madness you cant just blanket it.

GO BILLS!!!

The questions regarding the penalties and the team's lack of discipline were not only very obvious questions but certainly weren't very challenging questions. If he didn't expect this type of question to be one of the first questions after this game then he is a dolt! His answer that he was proud of his team's willingness to fight made little sense and made him look foolish.

The undisciplined play of Hughes, Preston Brown and Aaron Williams in the Pats game is disturbing. Kyle Williams, a mature and responsible player, has expressed his displeasure with a cadre of players who are playing with a lack of poise. The after the play penalties are unacceptable and shouldn't be tolerated.

I strongly believe that the demeanor of the HC certainly influences how the team conducts itself under stress.

Edited by JohnC

Taylor was 15 yards down field when the flag was thrown in the backfield

Some personal fouls just happen. Some are totally avoidable. There has to be a method to the madness you cant just blanket it.

I thoroughly disagree. They don't ever "just happen." Some may be questionable, but if you aren't doing something that appears wrong, you'll be fine.

Any coach worth his salt would bench the next player to take a personal foul. Hell, even Chan knew that.

Jeremy white posted a vid of a game where the ref told the defender he was covering center on a kick so why didn't anyone try to move Kyle???? We get called for BS holds and chop locks yet Cgeaters horse collar us and don't get called at all. The most irritating thing is we get called on scoring p,aye or major plays yet the cheats get called whe. It doesn't freaking matter to outcome of game making he stats look good as second most penalized team

What people fail to realize is that coaches after to go back and go over game film before answering some questions presented by the media......

Never understood grilling a coach RIGHT after a game.

Yeah because it's so hard to say we !@#$ed up and we won't be successful if we keep !@#$ing up right after watching that game.