Tyrod's limited throwing arsenal

#34fan

How anyone can watch that game and blame TT is beyond me.Tyrod is the only reason I'm still hopefull.Slow start due to poor offensive line play,no run game,and conservative play calling and honestly poor defense...oh yea and dropped passes.When they let Tyrod start throwing he looked great,penalties and coaching mistakes but Tyrod was not the problem....I like him more after today than ever.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest question mark is how often we saw him standing, looking to the sideline, waiting for a play in hurry up situations.

Something wasn't running right between Roman and TT today. Not sure the root cause but there were problems

it was always being said in San Francisco that their was way too much verbiage and the play calls were too complex. Adjustments don't get made because there is not enough time left on the play clock. Out here in the Bay Area that is all we used to here about Roman.

Jesus the starting RB averaged less than 3 yards per carry, the line was a hot mess, and he still threw for a TD, had 2 others called back on "penalties" that did not affect the plays, and completed nearly 70% of his passes. People wasting energy criticizing TT should be shot.

Oh yeah: His star WR and RB were out.

And his OC made some absurd play calls (a screen on 4th and goal from the 3 with a mobile QB??!? How do you not roll him out?)

Get a grip people. He played well. Not well enough to win but a darn good performance. I feel like you all need to go look at the history of QBs on this team since Kelly and you'll have a hard time finding a better 4 game stretch for any Bills QB in a long time.

^^^This.

How anyone can watch that game and blame TT is beyond me.Tyrod is the only reason I'm still hopefull.Slow start due to poor offensive line play,no run game,and conservative play calling and honestly poor defense...oh yea and dropped passes.When they let Tyrod start throwing he looked great,penalties and coaching mistakes but Tyrod was not the problem....I like him more after today than ever.

While you make good points, your avatar is somewhat disturbing....

If that was your goal, well done!

Again, good points...

how many drops today??

Agree. While Clay made some good plays, he also dropped a few of them. The other WRs did not step up today besides Clay. Also, the coaching did not try to use Karlos as a pass catcher except for the TD.

Tyrod was one of the bright spots once they let him throw more. Way too conservative playcalling to start.

I'm with you on this. In he first half we ran a ground & pound dink'n dunk offense for some unknown reason. In the 2nd half the offense did better because we went back to letting TYrod throw the 15-20+ yard passes. Ground and pound and ball control sounded like a good idea in the off season. However, this offense has been at its best with TYrod airing it out.

Dump the ground and pound dink and dunk and go back to the vertical passing game. We dont have a good enough OLine or RBs to be a ground and pound team anyway IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Yet pro qbs are not making as evidenced by TT's stats so far this year.

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

IMO TT is trying to keep a calm team......they are already taking a ton of penalties as it is.

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

I think TT is injured and playing through it.....but I agree that Roman is not doing enough to utilize him without doing QB keepers.....

The kid is the best Qb we've had in 15 years. Reeeelaaaaxxx.... Urbik screwed up the NFL highlight reel play of the day. the kid is electric.

I thought the same thing while watching the game live. Ball out faster likely results in a TD.

@JeremyWGR

Sometimes a good play call isn't executed well. TT too late here. It's a game of inches. https://vine.co/v/e2rAhBP6Tui

UnawareOpulentAcornweevil.gif

The throw was late but it showed that R.Woods has below average speed for a WR in the NFL and Landon Collins can close. Not on Taylor.

This conversation continues to baffle me. The Bills are getting WITHOUT QUESTION the best QB play that they have gotten in over a decade. The QB play has been a strength of this team. Taylor has played above a level where even the most optimistic of us would have envisioned. If you watched that game yesterday and left thinking that the QB play was the reason for the loss I question which game you were watching. The play calling in the 1st half was an abomination. They had 17 penalties accepted. The ST stink and the OL couldn't open any holes. Tyrod's play in the 2nd half gave the team a chance despite all of that. Not surprisingly penalties, play calling in the red zone and the poor ST play ended up costing the Bills.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This conversation continues to baffle me. The Bills are getting WITHOUT QUESTION the best QB play that they have gotten in over a decade. The QB play has been a strength of this team. Taylor has played above a level where even the most optimistic of us would have envisioned. If you watched that game yesterday and left thinking that the QB play was the reason for the loss I question which game you were watching. The play calling in the 1st half was an abomination. They had 17 penalties assesed. The ST stink and the OL couldn't open any holes. Tyrod's play in the 2nd half gave the team a chance despite all of that. Not surprisingly penalties, play calling in the red zone and the poor ST play ended up costing the Bills.

Well put Tyrod was the least of the problems yesterday. The O-line sucked and who could imagine that Shady and Watkins MIA would seemingly play so big in the game? Tyrod gets a game ball for getting out alive and playing pretty good despite no offensive help or seemingly a game plan. it felt at times like Roman had found one of Hackett's game plans from last year.

Is that one of this weeks excuses? Lack of arsenal?

:bag:

Take it as you will. Maybe just maybe some people put too much stock into this young QB.

Are you loving the nicknames yet? T-Mobile? G-Ro?

Are you loving the other scenarios yet? Romans next coaching job. Playoff scenarios?

2-2 is where I expected this team to be. So far I'm on track, but after yesterdays debacle, I am questioning my 10 win prediction/hope.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The guy is on pace for 32 Tds passing 16 int and just under 4000 yards, plus 4tds and over 400 yards rushing for the season. Seems pretty obvious that hes out performing expectations while the Cold Front and Rex have been under performing.