Who will the Bills miss more on offense: Shady or Sammy?

YoloinOhio

Whose injury has the most impact?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Bills offense miss the most?

• LeSean McCoy
    • Sammy Watkins

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are tough to replace. Yes they've both been subpar so far due to injuries but defenses still have to account for them in ways you don't with their replacements. I actually think McCoy is the bigger loss if only because they have to completely alter coverage schemes to account for the damage he can do underneath, while Sammy's work largely downfield this year is easier to account for.

I like me some Karlos, but behind him is a pile of crap, and McCoy is fantastic at receiving out of the backfield... Sammy, a fantastic talent, but I don't think this offense relies on individual WRs beating their DBs, but rather schemes getting guys open.

Sammy no question. Even if he was out there as a decoy, he would draw coverage. Tyrod will make up the ground yardage. I am really feeling that in one of these games, he is going to put on a full blown show running the football.

Jmo.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I went with Sammy just because he usually requires defensive help. McCoy is good but has still been probably under 90% healthy so far this season. Sammy can play at 90% and still command the defense to play toward him. McCoy doesn't command that being an RB and Karlos has looked like a #1 RB so far.

McCoy - we hope to run a lot more than throw, and even when we throw McCoy is heavily involved. McCoy is one of two RB's, and Sammy, while great and demanding attention therefore freeing others, is one of many. With that said, here's to 200 yards for Karlos and all our guys getting healthy!

I went with $ammy just cuz he has been a part of the offense for over a year, teams have been game planning him this whole time and McCoy has been injured during his only three games. Now if Karlos can't pick up blitzes at all, that could be a bigger problem than not having a great decoy at WR.

McCoy because he is also the best RB in passing situations. He will be missed Sunday.

Game plan should be interesting this week. They could go five wide and throw 50 tines against the Giants like the Patriots did to the Bills. That is what I would do even without Watkins.

Then again they could just as easily go no huddle and call zone read runs all day long like Oregon.

I see Taylor rushing for over 100 yards this week.

Sammy, just because, as others have pointed out, teams can now focus coverage on Harvin. Woods needs to step up and I think he will. As well as Hogan. Getting Marquis back to run go routes would help as well. If there is a game that we can afford to lose Sammy, this may be it as the Giants secondary has been giving up huge chunks through the air.

GO BILLS!!!

Willyville Guy, on 01 Oct 2015 - 6:26 PM, said:snapback.png

McCoy because we have less depth at RB than WR, and as far as I know this is still a run-first offense. We have enough of talent at WR to cause confusion and mismatches for a game or two.

^ This

This squared.

McCoy, no question in my view. While Karlos is all power he runs so upright I worry about him, and Dixon hasn't done much so far. The leading rusher might just be Tyrod.

The Bills still have receivers in Harvin, Woods, 7/11, Clay, Goodwin, Thigpen, Mulligan, Gray, Gragg, and maybe even give Easley some targets.