Tyrod Taylor's Sweetest Stat

Wing Man

Having long lived in the abyss of coaches who couldn't coach and design effective plays, and quarterbacks who would constantly stall or turn into tire fires in the red zone, here is a stat that will warm every heart in Bills Nation:

Tyrod Taylor QBR - 116.1 (5th)

In The Red Zone - 136.1 (1st)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having long lived in the abyss of coaches who couldn't coach and design effective plays, and quarterbacks who would constantly stall or turn into tire fires in the red zone, here is a stat that will warm every heart in Bills Nation:

Tyrod Taylor QBR - 116.1 (5th)

In The Red Zone - 136.1 (1st)

Excellent #'s

I'm curious - How many red zone plays are there actually by the Bills? How many outside the red zone?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

That is a good stat.

I wonder how the 2-point conversion attempts will play out, though. Before the season started, I thought the Bills would get really creative with that in order to put up an extra point here and there. They have one of the best running QBs. Time will tell.

6 for 6 with 3 TDs. Pretty damn good.

It is amazing that we have only run 6 passing plays in the RZ though. I guess it makes sense since we've had so many bombs. Is it sustainable though? I can't wait to get Goodwin back, he and Taylor will be magic.

Compared to Brady's 24 for 41 with 14 TDs. WTH :wallbash:

EDIT: Was I reading this wrong? I guess "inside the 10" includes "inside the 20", so Taylor was 5 for 5 with 2 TDs. And Brady gets 16 for 25 with 8 TDs

Edited by Wazzu Bill

6 for 6 with 3 TDs. Pretty damn good.

It is amazing that we have only run 6 passing plays in the RZ though. I guess it makes sense since we've had so many bombs. Is it sustainable though? I can't wait to get Goodwin back, he and Taylor will be magic.

Compared to Brady's 24 for 41 with 14 TDs. WTH :wallbash:

EDIT: Was I reading this wrong? I guess "inside the 10" includes "inside the 20", so Taylor was 5 for 5 with 2 TDs. And Brady gets 16 for 25 with 8 TDs

yup 6-6

1 being a play that started in the RZ under the 10 YL

and I remember the EJ supporters clamoring about how Tyrod couldn't put it in the endzone in the preseason :lol:

anyone out there still think EJ or *gasp* Cassel should have won the QB competition?

Yes, TT is progressing on his deep ball accuracy. Win Win for Buffalo fans.

I think we're going to see this kid really start to shine as more and more games go by. I particularly took notice of just how different the offensive play calling has looked from week to week. They seem to truly game plan to whatever strengths each player shows on tape, evolving the game plan every week instead of forcing the players conform to a particular belief or scheme. Very promising and exciting.

Tyrod is the guy!

The rushing stats are skewed by Tyrod's scramble yardage but no doubt Roman has done a great job so far.

The only thing keeping Tyrod from much more passing yardage is big leads.

I look at the rushing stats for TT

17 carr 96 yds TD 5.6ypc

and rip out the 3 kneel downs against the Colts to get a more accurate appreciation of his impact.

14 carr 100 yds TD 7.1ypc

I'm new here but I had posted in another site that TT would win the job and he would do an excellent job. People clearly shot that down. When he was coming out of college I saw that draft special with him and Mike Vick and really wanted us to draft him. In hindsight I'm glad we didn't. Vick was very up front with him, he said he had a lot of learning to do to be an NFL QB. He fell into a perfect situation. Much like Aaron Rodgers with Brett Favre. Glad he's finally showing what he can do and more importantly in a Bills uniform.