Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

The Bills need to be smart about it. Right now, he's able to get on the field and contribute, albeit not at 100%. The worst possible outcome is playing him just for the sake of playing him and risking a more serious injury. Karlos Williams is impressive. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could bring to the table with 15-20 carries per game. Dixon has been absolutely terrible though. 5 carries for -1 against the Fins? Really??

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills need to be smart about it. Right now, he's able to get on the field and contribute, albeit not at 100%. The worst possible outcome is playing him just for the sake of playing him and risking a more serious injury. Karlos Williams is impressive. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could bring to the table with 15-20 carries per game. Dixon has been absolutely terrible though. 5 carries for -1 against the Fins? Really??

the Giants are really good against the run. I think we need Shady if he is 80% but do like Karlos. I like them as a 1-2 punch at this point if at all possible. Keep in mind none of the 3 teams we have played so far are good against the run. Though Colts may be a little underrated there. Edited by YoloinOhio

Option of resting McCoy to be left to experts
Bills head coach Rex Ryan was asked about the merits of resting LeSean McCoy this week against the Giants in light of the fact that McCoy felt his ailing hamstring was acting up on him again. Ryan intends to lean on the team’s medical and athletic training staff to determine the best course of action.

Two things: Hamstrings are super tricky. It can feel good then go. He needs to sit until he's pain free, then sit some more. He likely won't be right the entire season if he keeps playing. Sit him for a lot longer than necessary

The other issue is Williams. As good as he is, he's young and will get tired. The Bills need a real #3 because it ain't Boobie Dixon.

Two things: Hamstrings are super tricky. It can feel good then go. He needs to sit until he's pain free, then sit some more. He likely won't be right the entire season if he keeps playing. Sit him for a lot longer than necessary

The other issue is Williams. As good as he is, he's young and will get tired. The Bills need a real #3 because it ain't Boobie Dixon.

Boobie is here to play special teams and be the short yardage back. The problem with that is we get little or no run game push in short yardage because people stack the middle and overwhelm Wood.

Felton used to play RB in college.

let Boobie block for him . half serious.

cant sit MCoy, not enough wheels in the wheelhouse. Dress him if you must but limit his reps up to the bye.

Good point upstream. Karlos will tire at some point and thats when injuries are more likely to happen.

My worry worry is what happens if Karlos gets injured during the game and Shady is 80%.

My other thought is maybe Boobie was just in there for the reps to grind on the opposing D.

He did have some nice runs last year.

Boobie, Felton and Mulligan should be able to get some yards in the ground and pound without disguising it. Cogs is run blocking mighty well too.

BmarvB i bet i agree with you in theory

Edited by 3rdand12

@Rand_Getlin: I'm told #Bills RB LeSean McCoy is unlikely to play against the #Giants this weekend, as he continues to deal with a hamstring injury.

Might be the smart move in the long run.

@WHTK

Fox Sports 1280 Retweeted Rand Getlin

The emergence of Karlos Williams gives the #Bills luxury of sitting McCoy to get him healthy