Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

Agreed....I dont see Shady reworking his contract

But there is enough other players that can be reworked and guys who frankly are going to be sent packing due to age that they will make it all work......

as long as we dont get many more #Rogue moves.

Being completely unexpected and bit disappointing , i wont B word too much.

Whaley finally spent to the cap after all these years. Now the trick is to manage that fine line well.

we shall see.

As mentioned sagely from some here already. its much too soon to be talking about the Cap. I mean we should be avoiding push ups right now!!

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that. We may rework Mario as an extension, but if the tread comes off McCoy's tires over the next couple of years there's no way he gives up guaranteed money to help our cap situation.

Reworking contracts doesn't mean taking less money. It's always a win for the player, they're just getting more money now. McCoy won't have an issue with taking more money up front if it means making his cap number more manageable down the line.

as long as we dont get many more #Rogue moves.

Being completely unexpected and bit disappointing , i wont B word too much.

Whaley finally spent to the cap after all these years. Now the trick is to manage that fine line well.

we shall see.

As mentioned sagely from some here already. its much too soon to be talking about the Cap. I mean we should be avoiding push ups right now!!

I have a hard time blaming Whaley too much.....he is just constantly working to improve the team.......

We have to see it but something tells me this Boom Herrod move is gonna end up looking genious......he is a good running back and he fits this offense

also

The WR we signed this week is not chopped liver either

Reworking contracts doesn't mean taking less money. It's always a win for the player, they're just getting more money now. McCoy won't have an issue with taking more money up front if it means making his cap number more manageable down the line.

The problem is that kicking the cap hit down the road means you plan to have him on the roster longer. If he's elite in year 3 then all is well. But if he's just a guy in year 3 then we're probably just eating it.

I have a hard time blaming Whaley too much.....he is just constantly working to improve the team.......

We have to see it but something tells me this Boom Herrod move is gonna end up looking genious......he is a good running back and he fits this offense

also

i read he has been on "the list " just waiting for the chance Rex to scoop him.

I really like how Bills are scouting constantly and super quick when a player they covet becomes available.

And how they just pounded Clay once they had decided he was their Man. Love that stuff for sure

The problem is that kicking the cap hit down the road means you plan to have him on the roster longer. If he's elite in year 3 then all is well. But if he's just a guy in year 3 then we're probably just eating it.

Maybe we can trade him to Seattle?

i read he has been on "the list " just waiting for the chance Rex to scoop him.

I really like how Bills are scouting constantly and super quick when a player they covet becomes available.

And how they just pounded Clay once they had decided he was their Man. Love that stuff for sure

Maybe we can trade him to Seattle?

I honestly dont see us doing anything with McCoy's contract....

I think they will live with it and see how he performs........

I don't know why people keep assuming a grade 2 hamstring injury is 3-4 weeks. Everything I've seen on line (I'm definitely NOT a doctor so perhaps I am totally wrong as is the information I am seeing) is 4-8 weeks.

Rehabilitation and return to play

Timeframes for rehabilitation and return to sport vary depending on the nature and severity of the strain. As a general rule, Grade 1 hamstring strains should be rested from sporting activity for about three weeks and Grade 2 injuries for a minimum of four to eight weeks. In the case of a complete rupture (Grade 3 strain), the muscle may have to be repaired surgically and the rehabilitation to follow will take about three months.

I honestly dont see us doing anything with McCoy's contract....

I think they will live with it and see how he performs........

yes, so do I. May i suggest he might very well live up to it too.

Some of his plays have been just so athletic. He is an impressive football player to be sure.

I don't know why people keep assuming a grade 2 hamstring injury is 3-4 weeks. Everything I've seen on line (I'm definitely NOT a doctor so perhaps I am totally wrong as is the information I am seeing) is 4-8 weeks.

Rehabilitation and return to play

Timeframes for rehabilitation and return to sport vary depending on the nature and severity of the strain. As a general rule, Grade 1 hamstring strains should be rested from sporting activity for about three weeks and Grade 2 injuries for a minimum of four to eight weeks. In the case of a complete rupture (Grade 3 strain), the muscle may have to be repaired surgically and the rehabilitation to follow will take about three months.

The Bill B** method of Injury Reports, perhaps?

giving nothing away to the media and leave everyone to speculate

Edited by 3rdand12

yes, so do I. May i suggest he might very live up to it too.

Some of his plays have been just so athletic. He is an impressive football player to be sure.

The Bill B** method of Injury Reports, perhaps?

giving nothing away to the media and leave everyone to speculate

This is why I say that people should stop complaining about Shady being out.....and just resign themselves that the bills should just get him as close to 100 percent as can be done before he plays

Wouldnt fans WANT to see McCoy at 100 percent so they can see his special talent? Because the hamstring injury is PREVENTING that.......run Herrod, Wood....then Karlos and Herrod until Shady is ready to be special......right at the time when we need him in the hard part of our schedule.

I'm with you in part. The contract, which despite the debates to the contrary needed to happen (he had only 1 million left on his deal, regardless of who traded for him he was getting a new deal before playing a snap), should be discussed in a few years, not right now. Right now it's lacking context. We have no idea how his contract will impact the Bills' ability to resign some guys. I suspect it won't be a hindrance at all (because the cap is flexible and this front office has shown a willingness to do what's needed so far) but I could be proven wrong about that four years from now. We also don't know how Shady will look three years from now on the field, or if the front office will restructure the deal to make cap room down the line. There are just too many unknowns to draw any reasonable conclusion.

Fretting about his contract, or using that as a trump card to prove some case that it was a bad deal, is just short sighted.

Ridiculous. The cap is fluid, contracts change in the non-guaranteed NFL. There's ZERO way to predict that McCoy's contract will be an issue presently.

Where will Shady be 3 years from now? That will make a great poll question in a few weeks. :lol:

I chuckle at, but admire how over the top you are defending this Shady deal......though it seems to get shadier with each passing week.

But the chance of him ever reverting back to 2013 form.....notably above average in all areas of production......volume and yard per.....is extremely slim, IMO.

With the high end being average production.....he would be overpaid to the tune of like 90% of his cap figure going forward.

He's here next year....nothing they can do about that regardless.

I expect that to start out healthy....be followed by disappointing production....less snaps.....then complaints that he needs more snaps to get in a rhythm.

We know how this goes.

But 24 months from now he is more likely to be doing a daytime radio show in Philly than he is playing in the NFL.

And as much as you may just think that is ME, wanting that to happen....I think a poll of NFL personnel people would yield a similar take.

Very few skill players get 4 chances to be average before teams give up on them......let alone flaky personality types.

My guess is that in October 2017 he will be working out and waiting for a phone call that is never coming.

Maybe in addition to doing radio, also doing one of those early, early, early Fox pregame shows on Sundays with some other former NFL characters.

I'd be interested to know what kind of production you expect in the rest of 2015 then in 2016 and 2017.

Fun,

I am thinking that is what is going to happen......

I think the Boom Herrod signing is a lot more significant then people realize.....this guy was a STUD before he injured his shoulder.......

I hope he returns to stud form...Because the Bills are going to have to win while Shady and Karlos are out...Otherwise there will be almost no room for error by the time they do both return...

I mean...Shady is not going to come back until he is ready regardless...But I'm reading a lot about how it's a good idea to rest him until he gets back to 100%...He'll be back for the home stretch and the run for the Playoffs...Which is a fine theory and all...But if the Bills are 2-5 going in to the bye looking at road trips to NE, NY Jets, and KC in three of their next four games I honestly don't think it will matter...Fully healthy Shady or not, they are not pulling themselves out of that hole...

I hate to say it this early...But I think the game vs Tennessee is SO important...It gives the Bills a little breathing room until they get healthy... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

would you start him over Boobie?

I am starting Harvin too-

I wouldn't bother picking up boobie or boom. Neither guy is worth even a spot start in fantasy.

( I am in the same shoes as you with AP, Gurley, and Karlos on my team. But I have other depth, like Hillman and forsett. Loaded at RB, but have no receivers!)

also

agreed. they aren't your average "street FAs" who have bounced around different teams roster bottoms. Moore is a young, fast WR who has 17 TDs in 4 years and never played with a good QB. Herron was a starter for a playoff team last year. Moore was a final cut in Cincy which is loaded at WR. His former coaches seemed to like him because he played for Hue Jackson and Sanjay Lal in Oakland, and both went after him with their new teams. Herron was only available because he got hurt at the end of camp and the Colts had signed Gore. He was the only RB able to produce behind that colts line last year. The Indy media and fans all seem to think it was crazy to waive/IR him. Good October depth pickups IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

I guess my comment about milking and going to the bank now seems to be more to others thoughts. We paid a lot of money to date for a player that has not provided us with a productive performance. We can only hope that he will come around down the road. I just don't feel good about the whole situation and I see others don't either.

I guess my comment about milking and going to the bank now seems to be more to others thoughts. We paid a lot of money to date for a player that has not provided us with a productive performance. We can only hope that he will come around down the road. I just don't feel good about the whole situation and I see others don't either.

So you think he's been faking his injuries?

:lol: I'll take that bet.

I know you will but I don't do people like that.

If I did I'd be putting xmas gifts on layaway in grubby anticipation of your money already cuz he sure as hell ain't even getting to 1k yards this year! :lol:

So again....let me know what kind of production you are expecting.

That will be fun to know. :lol: