My 10 cents on the game.

BmarvB

It certainly helps to play a team that looks to be in total disarray!! :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins owner fires the current HC after a few more games like the one against the Bills.

Both Karlos Williams, and Tyrod Taylor helped make a bad offensive line a non issue this week with their outstanding play. It remains to be seen if the Bills were really that good or the Dolphins were really that bad, and I'm thinking its the latter.

The Bills lost to a playoff type team in the Patriots, and blew away two bad teams like the Colts, Dolphins.

The 1-2 NY Ginats next-

Then the Vols, err the 1-2 Titens-

Then another playoff type team in the 3-0 Bungals

Then the 1-2 Jugs.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly helps to play a team that looks to be in total disarray!! :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins owner fires the current HC after a few more games like the one against the Bills.

Both Karlos Williams, and Tyrod Taylor helped make a bad offensive line a non issue this week with their outstanding play. It remains to be seen if the Bills were really that good or the Dolphins were really that bad, and I'm thinking its the latter.

The Bills lost to a playoff type team in the Patriots, and blew away two bad teams like the Colts, Dolphins.

The 1-2 NY Ginats next-

Then the Vols, err the 1-2 Titens-

Then another playoff type team in the 3-0 Bungals

Then the 1-2 Jugs.

The Colts might be 'bad' but they're likely a playoff team too :lol:

P.S. Some of you guys get way to fired up over some terminology.

Seriously, who cares. It was an excellent win against a hated foe! :D

We are all brothers here, all Bills fans. RELAX.

The Colts might be 'bad' but they're likely a playoff team too :lol:

Oh I dunno, Indy is currently 1-2 with 56 Points For, and 80 Points Against. The Colts might just be another team that fires their HC before the season ends.

They just beat another bad team at home in Indy in the Titans, barely 35-33

The AFC South sucks this year, as all four teams are 1-2

2) Karlos Williams looks like a better fit for this running offense than shady right now. Granted, McCoy is not 100%, but still....

Williams definitely looks like the better runner right now but he's not a better fit for the offense.

The Bills, in their base package, have created so many mismatches by the types of players they've acquired. Who do you send out on the field to defend them when you have Watkins, Harvin, Shady and Clay out there? If there is a second TE on the field the Bills can still line up in a spread offense with Shady and/or Clay out wide because of how diverse their skill sets are. Or they can line up in a traditional two TE set and pound the rock. It almost forces the team to go with their base set on D which means Clay and Shady are matched up with LBs in coverage. If the D goes to the nickel it gives the Bills the advantage in the run game. It's why a dynamic TE is so important and why a RB with the speed/hands of McCoy creates mismatches.

Those two guys make Roman's job much easier because of what they can do. So while I love what Williams is brining to the table he can't replace Shady in the matchups he gives the Bills. It would just help if he were healthy.

To be clear, I don't think TT is inaccurate. Or that he isn't playing very very well.

But I'd like to point out his completion percentage is inflated, or rather, not deflated. TT's escapability from pressure in the pocket directly decreases his attempts. Especially his attempts that are essentially throwaways. He can rush for 1-20 yards when nothing is open and the pressure is there, rather than having to throw the ball away like most of the other QB's in the league. This directly correlates to having a higher completion percentage.

So what? You want to penalize him for that? His completion percentage is what it is. There are no caveats, it is simple math. This guy has been incredibly good thus far and if that's not good enough for you then your standards are impossible to achieve. TT is the man.

So what? You want to penalize him for that? His completion percentage is what it is. There are no caveats, it is simple math. This guy has been incredibly good thus far and if that's not good enough for you then your standards are impossible to achieve. TT is the man.

Yes. He's definitely an upgrade over what we've had over the years - and to think, he's just getting started and still learning.

Hmph.

P.S. Some of you guys get way to fired up over some terminology.

Seriously, who cares. It was an excellent win against a hated foe! :D

We are all brothers here, all Bills fans. RELAX.

Oh I dunno, Indy is currently 1-2 with 56 Points For, and 80 Points Against. The Colts might just be another team that fires their HC before the season ends.

They just beat another bad team at home in Indy in the Titans, barely 35-33

The AFC South sucks this year, as all four teams are 1-2

Colts game was in Tenn yesterday.... And have we learned nothing other than Indy ALWAYS ends up 11-5 and in the play-offs?

To be clear, I don't think TT is inaccurate. Or that he isn't playing very very well.

But I'd like to point out his completion percentage is inflated, or rather, not deflated. TT's escapability from pressure in the pocket directly decreases his attempts. Especially his attempts that are essentially throwaways. He can rush for 1-20 yards when nothing is open and the pressure is there, rather than having to throw the ball away like most of the other QB's in the league. This directly correlates to having a higher completion percentage.

Yes, he's certainly no Matt Cassel!

And I'm sure you're royally pizzed about that.

How is Tyrod "not super accurate"??

He is at 74.4% completion percentage this season! That is fantastic and good for top 3 in the entire league. It's not like he is just checking down either: he's averaging nearly 10 yards per attempt & led the league in air yards per attempt.

In his 3 games , he has yet to complete less then 70% of his throws. He has 7 TD / 3 INT, 116 QB rating & another 96 yards rushing + 1 TD.

Don't let facts get in the way....

He's been very accurate all three games. Even against NE the two INT were 6 inches too high and both could have been caught. The halftime INT should not be counted, everyone could see what he was doing just tossing up a Hail Mary. He's been insanely accurate in these three games. Very few dump offs and WR screens overall which are the passes that distort %. One of the things I've liked the most are the say 5 bombs he has missed that were one yard too far but no chance for INT. His long passes overall have been extraordinarily accurate.

I am generally in 100 percent agreement with you about Taylor, but all three INTs in the NE game were way more than 6 inches too high. With regard to the last one to Watkins, that throw is supposed to be at chest level. It was at least 2 feet above that. Maybe it's more catchable 6 inches below where it was, but even then it wouldn't have been on the money. The third INT at the end of the first half sailed way high (not that it really mattered - it was a desperation throw).

I know we are all pumped after kicking Fish butt yesterday, but we've all seen this movie before. Let's be in a good mood, but realistically wait until about midseason before making a real judgment on this team. We've had teams come out looking great before, only to tank the second half. That's the part I want to see improved. Will defenses try to box TT and take away his mobility and site lines? I would. Happy today, but I want to wait until mid November before setting aside the playoff dates to watch the games.

I am generally in 100 percent agreement with you about Taylor, but all three INTs in the NE game were way more than 6 inches too high. With regard to the last one to Watkins, that throw is supposed to be at chest level. It was at least 2 feet above that. Maybe it's more catchable 6 inches below where it was, but even then it wouldn't have been on the money. The third INT at the end of the first half sailed way high (not that it really mattered - it was a desperation throw).

The six inches comment was because if they were six inches lower they would have been caught. I think both of them could have been caught even though they were two feet too high. Sammys leap was amazing and he got two hands on the ball. He was pissed he didn't catch it. Just a tad lower and I think he does

How is Tyrod "not super accurate"??

He is at 74.4% completion percentage this season! That is fantastic and good for top 3 in the entire league. It's not like he is just checking down either: he's averaging nearly 10 yards per attempt & led the league in air yards per attempt.

In his 3 games , he has yet to complete less then 70% of his throws. He has 7 TD / 3 INT, 116 QB rating & another 96 yards rushing + 1 TD.

It's not how often he misses, he rarely does. It's how he misses when he misses. He sails the ball high, which is conducive to both turning the ball over, and getting receivers killed.