Credit where credit is due (Rodak)

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Credit where due....

What happened to the Buffalo News reporting?

Taylor proves he’s the real deal at QB [1:59 AM]

Buffalo News reports: 'With 714 passing yards and seven scoring throws to three interceptions (all against the Patriots), he has the NFL’s fifth-best passer rating of 116.1.

Bills’ free-agents-to-be thriving in contract years [1:58 AM]
Buffalo News reports: 'Incognito has been the team’s best offensive lineman

Oh wait one by Tyler Dunne the other by Vic C.

Go back to what you were doing!

i wish i had the time and resources to put together a video of all of the "experts" who said the Bills would go 4-12 and last place in the division or that Miami was the team to beat in the AFC East. and i love how everyone picked against us in week 1, jumped on our bandwagon and picked us vs NE week 2, jumped off when we lost and picked us to lose vs Miami. these guys need to be accountable for the dumb things that they say. are there any analytics that track or grade sports analysts? i think that would be a cool stat :lol:

Not that I want to defend Rodak but that article is more about Ka. Williams and Ronald Darby's questionable personal conduct and off the field issues. He doesn't say that they can't be good players on the field, just questions picking players with those type of problems. In fact, he doesn't talk about their play on the field at all in the article. He could still end up being right about them. Williams and Darby could both make off the field mistakes. Darby I think is the least likely of the two to make a mistake.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

i already posted this and got destroyed by posters. i guess its who you are on these boards:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181413-mike-rodak-probably-wants-to-bury-this/

You posted it after this thread was opened. While the mods don't and can't catch everything the practice is to close the second (or third, etc.) thread.

i already posted this and got destroyed by posters. i guess its who you are on these boards:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181413-mike-rodak-probably-wants-to-bury-this/

I have to imagine most posters have just read the tweet and not the story it's linked to. If they would have read the story, they might have realized Rodak was not talking about their play on the field.

Not that I want to defend Rodak but that article is more about Ka. Williams and Ronald Darby's questionable personal conduct and off the field issues. He doesn't say that they can't be good players on the field, just questions picking players with those type of problems. In fact, he doesn't talk about their play on the field at all in the article. He could still end up being right about them. Williams and Darby could both make off the field mistakes. Darby I think is the least likely of the two to make a mistake.

This.

It wasn't about them not being good players, but bad characters. The thing is, the Bills undoubtedly did extensive research into these issues, and came away feeling comfortable drafting them. I wonder how in-depth much research into the issue Rodak actually conducted? I'm thinking nothing "not much".

Rodak has no business covering the Bills. He need to live his wet dream and hang with the Cheats*. they all deserve each other.

Yes, this seems to have been getting a lot of play recently. The best thing you can do with Rodak is to COMPLETELY ignore him. Every click, every thread, every controversy only serves to make his stock better at ESPN. And, yes, I am contributing to that now---but I promise I won't do it often.

And I don't think Rodak has any vendetta against the Bills. Yes, he is a Pat* fan and apologist. But he isn't out to get the Bills. He's likely just a second (OK, maybe thrid) rate sport's reporter, doing a relatively half-assed job--as with most reporters---and, well, most people with respect to their jobs. Noting he does distinguishes him from the pack of interchangeable hacks who make their money reporting on sports. I don't even think he looks to print negative stories (unlike Sully and Bucky) as that really isn't his charge. He does the bare minimum and it shows.

Defensive Rookie of the MONTH!!!

That is what Rodak needs to write about.

This.

It wasn't about them not being good players, but bad characters. The thing is, the Bills undoubtedly did extensive research into these issues, and came away feeling comfortable drafting them. I wonder how in-depth much research into the issue Rodak actually conducted? I'm thinking nothing "not much".

Except that the headline read: "Bills miss mark with Ronald Darby, Karlos Williams selections"

Now you have to be careful here because reporters often don't write their headlines. It's usually an editor. The headline should have read "Bills take chances on troubled players" or "Whaley rolls dice on character." But to say "Bills miss mark" means what exactly? The first assumed meaning is the Bills picked unskilled players. It's misleading. Was it deliberate? Who knows?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

i wish i had the time and resources to put together a video of all of the "experts" who said the Bills would go 4-12 and last place in the division or that Miami was the team to beat in the AFC East. and i love how everyone picked against us in week 1, jumped on our bandwagon and picked us vs NE week 2, jumped off when we lost and picked us to lose vs Miami. these guys need to be accountable for the dumb things that they say. are there any analytics that track or grade sports analysts? i think that would be a cool stat :lol:

We can't hold them accountable, we have to just "ignore" them.

The idea that we are all just powerless actors who can only ignore something (which is a pathetically small-time move on a macro-scale of millions of viewers) bugs me. Every time somebody posts a thread trying to start a boycott gets responses like "this is insane", "check your mental health", "Haha you're only giving them publicity". Then a moderator closes the thread. When you get down to it, what those responses are are people telling you that you are powerless to do anything.

Of course, this is very far from the truth. One determined person can get the attention of social media, authority figures with an agenda, or local media and start a grassroots campaign to make change at some pretty high levels. It happens everyday for things much larger that sports reporters on local radio stations or marginal beat reporters on ESPN.

Edited by musichunch

Darby has been our best corner and Karlos Williams has been our best RB.

No Rodak defender am I, but in fairness to the article, his problem was with their character, not with their play. Often times a person's character isn't revealed for a while. Just because these two guys are playing lights out and clearly are integral to the team's current three-game success doesn't mean that Rodak can't still be right at some point.

They were sizing up Vick's bust for Canton when we found out he was killing dogs. Likewise Peterson hitting his kid. How many years did Aaron Hernandez play before he was jailed for murder?

I get it. Rodak is a sourpuss. But the jury is still out on whether he is wrong about these picks.