Bills Have Signed QB Dustin Vaughn to the Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once again I wish we could sign and watch all these prospects play NFLs Europe in the offseason.

NFL Europe did seem to develop some good players. It is that old adage about all the ships in the harbor rising with the tide. If you bring the level of play up at the bottom of the roster, it should have some impact on the top eventually, even if you aren't creating superstars. It could be a good boost to the talent pool, if it weren't for the terrible wear on their bodies...a guy playing in Europe would turn around and immediately show up at training camp for the NFL. With all the concern about injuries, especially concussions, I would not expect this to go over well. Besides, NFL Europe lost massive amounts of money. The NFL owners will never stomach that type of loss.

I would like to see the NFL allow more off season, non-contact practice time - mini-camps, etc. The NFL product is dependent on QB's, so giving them more time with their skill players is in the best interest of the NFL. Maybe they could create an optional exemption for veteran QBs that could be negotiated in their contracts so guys like Manning and that other guy** aren't required to attend. More practice of the finer aspects of the game would certainly help the less experienced skill players beat the learning curve faster.

I just read the bio about Vaughan. He was a Harlon Hill finalist (Heisman of D2). He threw for over 5000 yards...just in his senior year. It seems they got a copy of Manuel from the measurements - 6'4" 235 at his combine. He's fairly quick: 4.95 40 time. He's got a big arm according to scouts. Nice PS player.

BTW, I can see his name going the way of Rhineholt in a hurry! Von Vaughn Vaun Vaghn Vaghan Vegan... you know.

NFL Europe did seem to develop some good players. It is that old adage about all the ships in the harbor rising with the tide. If you bring the level of play up at the bottom of the roster, it should have some impact on the top eventually, even if you aren't creating superstars. It could be a good boost to the talent pool, if it weren't for the terrible wear on their bodies...a guy playing in Europe would turn around and immediately show up at training camp for the NFL. With all the concern about injuries, especially concussions, I would not expect this to go over well. Besides, NFL Europe lost massive amounts of money. The NFL owners will never stomach that type of loss.

I would like to see the NFL allow more off season, non-contact practice time - mini-camps, etc. The NFL product is dependent on QB's, so giving them more time with their skill players is in the best interest of the NFL. Maybe they could create an optional exemption for veteran QBs that could be negotiated in their contracts so guys like Manning and that other guy** aren't required to attend. More practice of the finer aspects of the game would certainly help the less experienced skill players beat the learning curve faster.

I just read the bio about Vaughan. He was a Harlon Hill finalist (Heisman of D2). He threw for over 5000 yards...just in his senior year. It seems they got a copy of Manuel from the measurements - 6'4" 235 at his combine. He's fairly quick: 4.95 40 time. He's got a big arm according to scouts. Nice PS player.

BTW, I can see his name going the way of Rhineholt in a hurry! Von Vaughn Vaun Vaghn Vaghan Vegan... you know.

I'd be in favor of a minor league for the NFL. Smaller cities that don't have NFL franchises would go for this and I believe fans would support it better than Europeans did. Europe is soccer country. They could care less for the most part about American football. Play it in the U.S. and play it concurrently with the NFL season so players could be called up. Week night games would be the way to go so as not to conflict with High School and College games.

Justin Vaun might be the answer to all our problems.

OK who's the Wiki troll?

Dustin Vaughan is an American football quarterback who is currently on the practice squad of the Buffalo Bills in the National Football League. He was signed by the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Vaughan

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Seems like a fairly meh move. Prototypical third string QB. Would have liked to have gone with a veteran guy but getting a draft pick for Matt Cassell isn't a bad move at all.

Can I start a campaign to outlaw the word "meh"? It is the most overused word since "hilarious"