D521646

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost!

@ben_grimalldo

@JeremyWGR another angle. Sammy got in Woods' way. Would've gone for six.

CPYRc3dWoAI9le_.jpg

https://twitter.com/ben_grimalldo/status/645722785268957184/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Yep, I know TT said it was Sammy's, but I think he's just being PC about it, not throwing SW under the bus. If SW lets that go, Robert Woods walks into the end zone untouched.

Tim-

Yep, I know TT said it was Sammy's, but I think he's just being PC about it, not throwing SW under the bus. If SW lets that go, Robert Woods walks into the end zone untouched.

Tim-

Let it go. It was an inaccurate pass to Sammy.....Game over. Dolphin steak time!

Oh it's officially let go, it's amazing what a couple of nights with deep introspection can accomplish.. :)

But seriously as bad as our (Rex's) defensive game plan was, our Offense played well enough to win the game. We'll get better and TT can only mature. Good things are in store for the Bills this season and perhaps the next few.

Tim-

Tim-

I don't see any way that Woods goes the distance with that pass. It looks behind him from the A-22, so he probably needs to stop to catch it and then turn up-field. Most likely, it's a reception near mid-field, followed by a clock-kill that sets up 2nd-and-10 with slightly less than a minute to go and zero time-outs.

That corner behind Sammy would have made a pass to Woods ddifficult. The Pats were in cover 3. Woods was running down the seam. A perfectt pass could have done it.

My guess is Sammy #1 read. Sammy was open, thats were the ball is going. A more experienced and skilled QB may come off #1 to Woods.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Why is "pass" in quotes in the thread title? I believe the pass was intended for SW. A bit high, but I think he should have probably caught it. JMO

That's what bugged me a little bit about that play. It was not a great throw, but Sammy needs to catch that pass. The great receivers make those plays when their team needs them too. Look at the ridiculous catch that Amendola made on the throw from Brady. That was spectacular. That was a tough catch than this one would have been. Sammy is supposed to be an elite receiver, Amendola is not. If the Bills are to reach their goals this year, Sammy is going to need to perform like a top receiver.