I'd Look to Trade Cassell to Cowboys

I'm LMAO at all the "geniuses" who posted in this thread, and basically laughed at the OP, and insinuated that he's an idiot.

Please go ahead and step up and eat some crow, because y'all were PWND.

To be fair implying we'd get a day 1 or 2 pick was laughable. Edited by NoSaint

I'm LMAO at all the "geniuses" who posted in this thread, and basically laughed at the OP, and insinuated that he's an idiot.

Please go ahead and step up and eat some crow, because y'all were PWND.

This is actually a very simple thread to follow. The OP was correct with the trade prediction BUT way off with the trade value which almost made the Cassell to Dallas part seem like a guess to begin with.

This is actually a very simple thread to follow. The OP was correct with the trade prediction BUT way off with the trade value which almost made the Cassell to Dallas part seem like a guess to begin with.

It was just a guess to begin with... That's all it was supposed to be.

To be fair implying we'd get a day 1 or 2 pick was laughable.

To be fair, most of the people who came out against the idea said nothing about what the Bills would get in return IF they did it, but rather they mocked the OP, and said no how, no way was it happening, nor did it make any sense.

So yeah, they were PWND by being so very adamant in their beliefs.

To be fair implying we'd get a day 1 or 2 pick was laughable.

All he said was to pursue a 1st or 2nd and third, he didn't imply we would get it. Maybe we asked for a high pick and negotiated to the current deal. I'd say he NAILED it. But that's just me.

To be fair, most of the people who came out against the idea said nothing about what the Bills would get in return IF they did it, but rather they mocked the OP, and said no how, no way was it happening, nor did it make any sense.

So yeah, they were PWND by being so very adamant in their beliefs.

any of the snickering remarks were about round. you had a couple respectful "i think they will just roll with weeden for now" and about a half dozen "you must be joking or high to expect a high pick"

does that mean you just got PWND? i really am not sure proper usage of that one in this thread.

All he said was to pursue a 1st or 2nd and third, he didn't imply we would get it. Maybe we asked for a high pick and negotiated to the current deal. I'd say he NAILED it. But that's just me.

pretty much every qb injury, bad game, or incomplete pass thrown by a qb around the league has been met with a "can we trade one of our backups"

im sorry but its hard to say anyone NAILED it here. the people criticizing the OP were just as close to right as he was....

I say pursue the Cowboys for a first rounder or 2nd and 3rd rounder as it might be worth it to the boys and allow us to utilize EJ as the backup or maybe future starter as well as giving us some leeway next year in the draft as it seems like we have a surplus at QB perhaps.

That worked out well huh? I can't wait for our first rounder next yea... oh wait. We got $hit back for trading him. Bad Move Bills! Bad Move!!!

Despite the fact the Bills did trade Cassel to the Cowboys, it's safe to say the OP still falls under the long established category of fan opinion, namely: "your trade proposal sucks."

There was no way in hell anyone would ever give a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick for Cassel. Never. The fact the OP surmised that the superfluous Cassel could be dealt to Dallas because they need someone not named Weeden was neither prescient nor particularly surprising. It's likely the first thing that came to many of our minds as soon as Romo went down.

This is not an attack on the OP -- just a little eyebrow-raising at those patting him on the back for such a "bold" prediction (that didn't even come true in the manner he suggested).

Yeah, I can imagine how that conversation took place...

Jerry: Hey Doug...we got a cotton pickin problem down here in big D. We're in need of a QB. What would it take for us to get our filthy hands on Matt Cassel.

Doug: Well Jerry, we're going to need either a 1st rounder or a 2nd and 3rd rounder as compensation. Cassel is a solid, reliable veteran.

Jerry: Laughter ensues in the background....click.

Doug (calls back): Whoa...sorry Jerry. How about a 5th rounder in 2017?

Jerry: Click

Doug (calls back): Okay Jerry...Cassel and a 2017 7th rounder for a 2017 5th rounder.

Jerry: That's a rootin tootin deal, Dougie!!

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

im sorry but its hard to say anyone NAILED it here. the people criticizing the OP were just as close to right as he was....

It's not hard at all to say he NAILED it. As I stated earlier, that's just me. But if it makes you feel better, you are right, you were close too. Ok?!