Taylor Review

Thurmal34

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 37-13 going into the 4th quarter isn't garbage time in the NFL then nothing is garbage time. Seriously. It's a positive that Taylor and the Bills got that hot, but it was still garbage time. It should be a lesson to the Bills that no lead is safe and if they are ever in the position of having a huge lead, they need to continue to play hard for the entire game.

that ~~~~v

The Patriots allow the fewest 4th Q touchdowns in the NFL. So no, they don't stop playing defense just because they have a big lead.

The Putrids were tryign to run up the score. I mentioned prior why else go for it on 4th and 1 late in the game with a 2 score lead.

So now we aren't counting the 4th quarter? They had the ball with 2 minutes and a chance to tie but that doesn't count apparently.

Can we have some honesty around here or are we now supposed to just shut up and pretend the Pats game was a lot closer than it looked because the scoreboard tells us it was?

Am I the only one here who thinks those were garbage time points? This is ridiculous. A lot of the time NFL teams with big leads do stop playing as hard as they were when they were beating the pulp out of you earlier in the game. If that wasn't true then the Bills would have never had the greatest comeback playoff game. Half is the team on top might become bored and the other half is the team that's down doesn't quit and gets hot. I would think that Bills fans would know this.

Edited by 1billsfan

So now we aren't counting the 4th quarter? They had the ball with 2 minutes and a chance to tie but that doesn't count apparently.

And then what did he do? Throw a pick on the first play by throwing a high pass to Sammy. Almost is great in horseshoes and hand grenades, but not so good in football. Fitz had a lot of games like this too.

I'm all for Tyrod, and he had his moments on Sunday and his stats were good (except for the picks and fumbles), but he has a lot of work to do.

The real question this Sunday is if our D shows up or not.

And then what did he do? Throw a pick on the first play by throwing a high pass to Sammy. Almost is great in horseshoes and hand grenades, but not so good in football. Fitz had a lot of games like this too.

I'm all for Tyrod, and he had his moments on Sunday and his stats were good (except for the picks and fumbles), but he has a lot of work to do.

Yeah he screwed up, but he also made it a one score game. Would you rather he just give up when down 24? Coaches always say you can't score 4 TDs till you get the first one, then another, then another. The fact he slipped on the final rung of the ladder doesn't negate the fact he climbed the first three.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Can we have some honesty around here or are we now supposed to just shut up and pretend the Pats game was a lot closer than it looked because the scoreboard tells us it was?

Am I the only one here who thinks those were garbage time points? This is ridiculous. A lot of the time NFL teams with big leads do stop playing as hard as they were when they were beating the pulp out of you earlier in the game. If that wasn't true then the Bills would have never had the greatest comeback playoff game. Half is the team on top might become bored and the other half is the team that's down doesn't quit and gets hot. I would think that Bills fans would know this.

Well where is the petition to make football games 3 quarters long?

So the Bills comeback game was garbage time?

Yeah he screwed up, but he also made it a one score game. Would you rather he just give up when down 24? Coaches always say you can't score 4 TDs till you get the first one, then another, then another. The fact he slipped on the final rung of the ladder doesn't negate the fact he climbed the first three.

Did I say it did? Again, Fitz had quite a few games like this. Just win. Hopefully the whole team learned a lesson Sunday.

So the Bills comeback game was garbage time?

More that the Houston team stopped playing as hard and less "garbage time". Same concept though. Once momentum swings hard in football it's definitely hard for the other team to stop. You can tell that to teams until your blue in the face and teams will still let off the gas petal. It's human nature.

He looked confused at times and made some poor decisions, but he did way more good than bad. Not a surprise for a QB with limited experience playing against Belichick.

He made some excellent throws late in the game to keep us in it. If our D makes a stop with 3 minutes to go, we have a chance to win the game. Can't ask for more from the kid.

I guess some people missed His TD throws to Woods and Watkins. :bag:

What exactly are you saying? That the 4th quarter points make the earlier ineptness forgiveable?

How about look at the entire body of work? (Which is exactly 8 quarters in length, silly to begin with) Going into the season, to a man, people would have signed up for adequate QB play. Now, after losing to the !@#$ing genius, people are waving their white flags.

what's sad to me are the knee jerks. If you're right let me be the first to congratulate you on your pronouncement.

You (of all people) should understand the concept of "First Loss Flipouts"...it happens every year but this one is particularly severe. Maybe it means we'll have a mild winter.

More that the Houston team stopped playing as hard and less "garbage time". Same concept though. Once momentum swings hard in football it's definitely hard for the other team to stop. You can tell that to teams until your blue in the face and teams will still let off the gas petal. It's human nature.

So it wasn't garbage time, but the other game was?

How about look at the entire body of work? (Which is exactly 8 quarters in length, silly to begin with) Going into the season, to a man, people would have signed up for adequate QB play. Now, after losing to the !@#$ing genius, people are waving their white flags.

4 TDs and 3 picks and 2 fumbles is borderline "adequate QB play". Stop turning the football over and I think we're good however. Ball control and move the sticks is what we need.

If that last pass was completed they are in the Pats territory with a first down and a chance to tie with over a minute left. Had they not missed the XP they would have been driving for the win. Why should we pretend that didn't happen?

I don't disagree with any of this. There was good and bad on offense but very little good on defense.