This game will be about Bills O not D

TPS

There is so much focus on Rex and his D against Brady, but this game will be won by G-Ro and what he does on O to counter Belichick's ability to confuse QBs. The Pats will score at least 24; the Bills will score more, and that will be the story of the game.

I said the same thing last week. You cannot depend on the D to completely shut down these offenses. Maybe in some other games we play that is a reasonable expectation, but not these first 2 games. These QBs will get theirs. It is what makes them who they are. Yes our D needs to keep them from scoring at will but they are going to throw for some TDs. The onus is on the offense to score points.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I totally agree. I think the perception of the team — nationally, and also the team's self-perception — is going to swing from "Bills have a great D, maybe the O can get it done" to "This looks like a very complete and dominant ballclub in all three phases"

I said the same thing last week. You cannot depend on the D to completely shut down these offenses. Maybe in some other games we play that is a reasonable expectation, but not these first 2 games. These QBs will get theirs. It is what makes them who they are. Yes our D needs to keep them from scoring at will but they are going to throw for some TDs. The onus is on the offense to score points.

The defense just shut down the Colts, so you're 0-1 already. :nana:

There is so much focus on Rex and his D against Brady, but this game will be won by G-Ro and what he does on O to counter Belichick's ability to confuse QBs. The Pats will score at least 24; the Bills will score more, and that will be the story of the game.

At least 24? I think the most they score is about that. But I otherwise agree with your premise. The offense is going to need to do what it did last week, get ahead early and keep putting on the pressure.

If it gets to the point where we need our offense to get into a shootout, we're in trouble. If you mean, don't make mistakes and turn the ball over, don't be confused, move the chains, put some points on the board 'cuz the Pats will, yes I agree, we must do those things, it's as critical as having our D minimize the Pats*** scoring.

I don't think Tyrod will be confused. I do think the Pats will play to keep him contained, stop the run, and force him to beat them throwing at least initially. The blueprint for that would be the Superbowl against Wilson and the Seahawks strong run game. Just don't call a pass on the freaking 1 yd line at the end of the game, G-Ro, OK?

The other critical element is we MUST finish and close out the game. So many times we were ahead, or close, and we let those slimy slithering Pats*** squirm back into it and win at the end. We must not take our foot off the gas except to put it on their necks.

Scored 17 and 27 vs Rex's depleted Jets defenses last year.

Barely won both times. Geno !!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

To beat the Pats* you need to do two things. One is you have to pressure Brady with your front 4, two you need an offense that can consistently move the ball. Getting to Brady without blitzing is key and keeping him off the field without going 3 and out often.

It takes a lot of effort and energy to stop the Pats* by limiting the posessions through consistently moving the ball you help your cause immnesely. Of course putting on points is a dumb generality but when playing the Pats* you have to get 2-3 first downs on every drive at a minimum.

As others have said, they'll make Tyrod throw it. They'll keep him from running, try to bat down his passes at the line, and make him throw into tight windows. He'll have to show that he's capable - this game is a big test for Tyrod Taylor.

agree with all of this. Pats have struggled at times with mobile QBs though.