This game will be about Bills O not D

TPS

I said the same thing last week. You cannot depend on the D to completely shut down these offenses. Maybe in some other games we play that is a reasonable expectation, but not these first 2 games. These QBs will get theirs. It is what makes them who they are. Yes our D needs to keep them from scoring at will but they are going to throw for some TDs. The onus is on the offense to score points.

Agreed. If only the Bills had sustained drives last season and not had of 7 three and outs in 9 possessions in certain games ....

Keep the ball out of the enemies hands

Gotta say, it'll be a truly ballsy move if the Pats* dare Tyrod to throw when they don't have a single corner who can cover Woods, let alone Watkins or Harvin. If they stack 8 in the box I expect to see a lot of 11 personnel

How well does Clay play against the Cheaters?

Agreed. If only the Bills had sustained drives last season and not had of 7 three and outs in 9 possessions in certain games ....

Keep the ball out of the enemies hands

How well does Clay play against the Cheaters?

They have decent ends and LBs, I suspect Clay will be in more of a distraction role this week. I can see him making chip blocks and then releasing to the flat for a safety valve, and I can see him attacking LB's who are spying Tyrod to force them to make a decision.

Sustaining drives, getting points, and keeping our defense off the field are what is gonna have to happen to win this game. Three and outs are what we have to avoid. We did a good job of that for the most part against Indy. More of the same is needed this week. I'm expecting a heavy dose of Karlos Williams for the Pats*** on Sunday. I look for him to get at least 15 carries. Move the chains, move the clock, and put points on the board.

They have decent ends and LBs, I suspect Clay will be in more of a distraction role this week. I can see him making chip blocks and then releasing to the flat for a safety valve, and I can see him attacking LB's who are spying Tyrod to force them to make a decision.

interesting, could be true. But they couldn't stop Heath Miller last week. Miller is old and slow. I have no doubt that Belichik will have a great defensive game plan, but it helps that he has very little film of this offense. Roman said they only needed to use about 15-17% of their game plan last week because they had such a big lead and were able to "save a lot of stuff" for this week and future games. I think he has some good stuff up his sleeve that Belichik won't necessarily have prepared for. Of course, it's always up to the players to execute but I finally feel like we have really good offensive talent out there who can win matchups.

I also found it interesting that when Belichik played Miami last year, he used Revis on Clay. I assume they will need to use a guy like McCourty this year (kind of an AW type) which will take safety help away from their corners and I think Bills WRs >>> NE CBs. So you may be right that he focuses on Clay and make TT prove he can get it to the WRs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

interesting, could be true. But they couldn't stop Heath Miller last week. Miller is old and slow. I have no doubt that Belichik will have a great defensive game plan, but it helps that he has very little film of this offense. Roman said they only needed to use about 15-17% of their game plan last week because they had such a big lead and were able to "save a lot of stuff" for this week and future games. I think he has some good stuff up his sleeve that Belichik won't necessarily have prepared for. Of course, it's always up to the players to execute but I finally feel like we have really good offensive talent out there who can win matchups.

I also found it interesting that when Belichik played Miami last year, he used Revis on Clay. I assume they will need to use a guy like McCourty this year (kind of an AW type) which will take safety help away from their corners and I think Bills WRs >>> NE CBs. So you may be right that he focuses on Clay and make TT prove he can get it to the WRs.

Oh I definitely think Clay will be a key piece in our success, I'm just not sure how much of it will show up on the stat sheet.

There is so much focus on Rex and his D against Brady, but this game will be won by G-Ro and what he does on O to counter Belichick's ability to confuse QBs. The Pats will score at least 24; the Bills will score more, and that will be the story of the game.

That's bold. The Pats only scored 24 points in 9 of 16 regular season games last year. Now with an improved and more experienced D, better coaching, crowd noise that may be unprecedented, you think that they're a shoe-in for 24?

Sorry, I don't see that. IMO they'll struggle to hit the 20 mark this week. Brady needed all but an epic effort last week to put up 28 against the Steelers mediocre D, he's going to need more than that this week to his 24. I don't see it happening.

Our enemy is going to be penalties and TOs. If we limit both we will win easily.

I agree here. I think TT shreds the Pats suspect secondary.

Not sure he'll shred their secondary, but I see no reason why McCoy and Williams can't put up 150 between 'em, plus whatever Taylor adds, considering that DeAngelo Williams, who's washed up, had well over 100 last week on a great ypc avg.

Defense and running in this one and just the right amount of passing for balance and to break a couple of big plays.

The Pats entire interior OL is rookies and inexperience. That's a recipe for disaster for them against our front-4.

I, for one, can not wait to see Roman and Tyrod eat this mediocre Pats*** defense up.

I'm with ya brother!

You can't single it down to one side of the both. Both Offense and Defense have to be on top of their game (and special teams too). If the Offense plays well and scored 30 points but the Defense gets blown out, we still lose.

If the defense holds them to 7 points but we can't score, we still lose.

We will need a complete game from all facets of the team to have a chance to win this game.

That's bold. The Pats only scored 24 points in 9 of 16 regular season games last year. Now with an improved and more experienced D, better coaching, crowd noise that may be unprecedented, you think that they're a shoe-in for 24?

Sorry, I don't see that. IMO they'll struggle to hit the 20 mark this week. Brady needed all but an epic effort last week to put up 28 against the Steelers mediocre D, he's going to need more than that this week to his 24. I don't see it happening.

Our enemy is going to be penalties and TOs. If we limit both we will win easily.

I sure hope I'm wrong, and the D holds them to 20 or less. However, that still means the O has to come through with >20...

I'm calling it now...Bills top the 30 point mark in this one.

I'm starting to think the same. Pats' D simply isn't that good.

I sure hope I'm wrong, and the D holds them to 20 or less. However, that still means the O has to come through with >20...

I'm confident that we'll hold Brady & Co. to not much more than that if not less, but I'm thinking that we do much better offensively.

I have a strong hunch that Karlos Williams is going to have a breakout game.