Crowd noise this Sunday? Guinness in the House!

Chandler#81

Would having a dome make it easier?

I know it doesnt really matter (Chiefs and Seahawks) but I was just curious

CBF

I believe the record we are chasing (set @ Arrowhead) is for the loudest noise @ an open air stadium. A domed stadium is an entirely different (phony) scenario.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is link from Guinness on "world" (Did they really measure around the world? Seems there are a lot of louder college football and overseas soccer stadiums) record.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/loudest-crowd-roar-at-a-sports-stadium

The roar was recorded with 8 seconds remaining in the first quarter.

The Guinness people will probably measure it right after halftime when up to one quarter of stadium is not in their seats; opponents know crowd is quiet then and often make scripted plans in case they get ball just like they do for first 20 plays.

Edited by Koolaid

That's the adjudicator from Guinness I assume? Driving in and walking around this morning the poor girl must have been like "What the f#%k have I gotten myself into?"

no, he just grabs random women for photos. it works well to meet the ladies.

I don't think the record happens today. If it does, I'll be impressed. Too many Pats fans buy tickets on the secondary market. In recent years estimates were anywhere from 8,000 - 15,000 Pats fans in RWS. Yes, this year there shouldn't be as many but even 4-5,000 would be enough to take the edge off. They would have been better off trying the noise record for the Indy game. It was probably 99% Bills fans in the house.