KW Could Be A Special Player

T master

He plays RB like he's on defense. You can tell he has played defense. It is so fun to watch him run. He still has a long way to go as far as pass pro, vision, etc, but damn that kid looks to run someone over (even his own team) every time he has the ball.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a perfect change of pace back for McCoy. McCoy seems more patient, wait for the hole and go. Karlos sees a small hole and goes plowing through it. Karlos might be a better type of runner for games like yesterday where the defense is sending run blitzes and clogging the holes. That's when they need to get Shady in space (they did a few times yesterday) and let him run wild and then let Karlos hammer the run game up the middle. He does a great job of picking up 4-6 yards when it doesn't look like anything is there.

Two things about Kiko, because it's getting old already. First, the Bills already have two 3-down linebackers who are very, very good. If Kiko's on the team, he, Bradham, or Brown aren't seeing many snaps. Second, that was a great pick last night, but the coverage was lacking. The WR was very open and even a decent pass and it's a TD.

Late game punisher :)

That's what I'm thinking too.

When you want to score, you probably want Shady in there. Except maybe in short-yardage situations.

When you want to eat some clock and the D knows it, a big power runner like KW helps.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I'd rather we have what we have...

Frankly Karlos wasn't a guarantee to be there, and he wasn't a guarantee to be successful (and still isn't). We had/have good 4-3 LB depth (imo), and needed some new legs at RB. I like what we did at the time, and I still like it. It all makes sense.

I'm just a dummy, but I don't know where Kiko would fit in to this defense. I wouldn't want him in the middle. Happy with the trade when it happened & one game certainly doesn't change that. Very happy that the went with Karlos late in the game. That took some balls in his first game.

If this keeps up we'll need to come up with a catchy nickname for that duo.

He's a perfect change of pace back for McCoy. McCoy seems more patient, wait for the hole and go. Karlos sees a small hole and goes plowing through it. Karlos might be a better type of runner for games like yesterday where the defense is sending run blitzes and clogging the holes. That's when they need to get Shady in space (they did a few times yesterday) and let him run wild and then let Karlos hammer the run game up the middle. He does a great job of picking up 4-6 yards when it doesn't look like anything is there.

Two things about Kiko, because it's getting old already. First, the Bills already have two 3-down linebackers who are very, very good. If Kiko's on the team, he, Bradham, or Brown aren't seeing many snaps. Second, that was a great pick last night, but the coverage was lacking. The WR was very open and even a decent pass and it's a TD.

Besides that interception yesterday, Kiko was not very good. -3.6 PFF grade from last night.

Not once did I think about Kiko while I was watching Bradham and Brown wreak havoc. I'd make that trade 100× with what he have

Thats fine, but it was also Kiko's first game back in over a year. You would expect an adjustment period while he gets back into it.

I guess I subscribe to the school of thought that you shouldn't pay for running backs. If Kiko is on this team instead of McCoy then we have cap space to resign all of our guys. Even if we were to lose a guy like Bradham the loss wouldn't be devastating.

Just because we have 2 good linebackers doesn't mean we couldn't use 3. If Kiko was on this team, I'd be that all 3 of those guys see more than 80% of the snaps on defense. Why can't they all be on the field at once? Bradham has shown the versatility to play in coverage and rush the passer. Brown is solid against the run and the pass. We all saw what Kiko can do in coverage.

We would essentially be replacing Manny Lawson with Kiko, which would certainly be an upgrade.