great game. two concerns....

Webster Guy

What an awesome home opener win against a great Colts team. We've said for the past few years if we could somehow find a good qb this team is ready to win it all and it looks like we might have one in TT.

Two things that need to be fixed this week:

1. Jerry Hughes seems to be continuing his dumb and undisciplined play. Three penalties for 40 yards. Rex if you do ONE thing this week, please sit him down and explain that he isn't worth having on the field if he continues to play like this. What a freaking joke. Stop jumping offsides, stop getting 15 yard personal fouls you hack. This guy is going to cost us a game if this keeps up, and it's been a problem for a long time not just yesterday.

2. Tyrod was quick to praise his Oline, but it seemed there was a big discrepancy between the left side of the line--which played well-- and the right side, which seemed to cave in most every play. I haven't re watched the game but it seemed like Miller and Henderson weren't holding up at all, and Indy isn't known for a fearsome D line.

Did anyone else get the sense that our O line is only half fixed?

Henderson was atrocious first half both in run protection and in pass protection. When you saw a Colt defender running free in our backfield you could pretty much be assured it was Henderson's guy. Miller I thought was slightly better - he held up okay in pass protection but he needs to do a better job in moving guys for the running game to really be effective to that side.

Good to see injured players returning and Carpenter getting back in condition.

Penalties are easier to correct after a win.

They did well for a new play book , and not having time to build chemistry with injured players. So far so good.

I dont mind those types of penalties from my Front-7 on D. It just means they are amped up. We have a strong enough defense to overcome them, and I trust that he knows to tone it down at important times in the game.

The right side of the Oline struggled a bit, but with a rookie and a 2nd year developmental player, what can you really expect. I think they did pretty well, considering. And I expect them to only get better as the season goes on.

Not too many major things to complain or worry about from this one. The people calling into WGR this morning and trying to rip on Watkins sound like complete morons.

Go Bills!

Did anyone at the game see the penalty on Hughes after the pick? I don't recall seeing it on TV.

I didn't see the hit, but as I looked over, I could see an Indy offensive lineman (72?) flying through the air. Seemed Hughes laid a vicious block on a Colt that was far from the play, possibly just after the play ended.

Dumb penalties and poor O-line play were my two big concerns. McCoy was a third minor concern. He did not look as good as billed. Is he not 100%? Sit him till he is.

McCoy didn't do much rushing, but I'd still say he is by far our best option catching a swing pass out of the backfield. The Colts were keying on him on every apparent running down. That's valuable. Let him play, build chemistry with #5. Also, don't forget his TD run that was called back on a hold.

I thought shady was exactly as billed... great pass catcher and shifty runner who can get to the outside... hewill neverrrr power through someone but if hes one on one, even between the tackles he will make you miss.

he made a linebacker miss in the A gap and got about 10 if I remember, left his jock on the field.

What an awesome home opener win against a great Colts team. We've said for the past few years if we could somehow find a good qb this team is ready to win it all and it looks like we might have one in TT.

1. Jerry Hughes seems to be continuing his dumb and undisciplined play. Three penalties for 40 yards. Rex if you do ONE thing this week, please sit him down and explain that he isn't worth having on the field if he continues to play like this. What a freaking joke. Stop jumping offsides, stop getting 15 yard personal fouls you hack. This guy is going to cost us a game if this keeps up, and it's been a problem for a long time not just yesterday.

2. Tyrod was quick to praise his Oline, but it seemed there was a big discrepancy between the left side of the line--which played well-- and the right side, which seemed to cave in most every play. I haven't re watched the game but it seemed like Miller and Henderson weren't holding up at all, and Indy isn't known for a fearsome D line.

Man, people really love to hate Jerry Hughes. Do we need another "get off my lawn" thread? Don't we have a pinned negative thread for this?

Man, people really love to hate Jerry Hughes. Do we need another "get off my lawn" thread? Don't we have a pinned negative thread for this?

i was talking specifically about yesterdays game and the fact that he cost us 40 yards in penalties, Hard to spin that any other way than it's simply unacceptable and shows poor discipline. That's not negative or hateful, it's a concern that needs to be addressed asap. Personal fouls can be game changing. Two out of one player in a single game is ridiculous.

I agree!

I agree.

1. Rex, please sit the entire team down, and let them know that stupid penalties won't be tolerated. Penalties 11 for 113 yards!

Hughes- 3 for 23 yards. offsides, personal foul, one other

Glenn- 2 for holding

Brooks-1 personal foul

Clay-1

Mulligan-1 holding

Wood-1 holding

Schmidt-1

In regards to the O line, it was bad on the right side, and much improved at LG.

McCoy 17 rushes for 41 yards= 2.4 yards per carry average. While Shady had 3 catches for 43 yards. His rushes was a very disappointing performance for me considering all the hype about the improved offensive line. That line didn't exactly control the line of scrimmage, and Taylor was a big part of the 36 rushes for 137 yards. Which looks to be a complete reversal of last seasons pass happy offense.

Lets hope the Bills improve as the season goes on.

i was talking specifically about yesterdays game and the fact that he cost us 40 yards in penalties, Hard to spin that any other way than it's simply unacceptable and shows poor discipline. That's not negative or hateful, it's a concern that needs to be addressed asap. Personal fouls can be game changing. Two out of one player in a single game is ridiculous.

Except 20 of those yards came from a phantom face mask call which he didn't do and an offside where the clock actually had hit zero but the refs were too stupid to call delay of game.