Where Does This Win Rank?

as a win?

Seriously. Lets not go overboard after 1 win against Andrew Luck and the over hyped Colts.

1 down 15 more regular season games to go.

there have been few meaningful games much less meaningful wins in the last 15 years. the bills have been irrelevant. this win makes them relevant again in my eyes. yes, they could end up 7-9 and out of the playoffs but this win shows light at the end of a monstrous tunnel.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Rex became the first ever Bills coach to win his 1st game. Previously Bills coaches were 0-17 in their 1st game as Bills head coach.

Not quite true. One other man won his first game...... Marv. New coaches coaching their first game in a season opener are 0-17... or now 1-17.

Marv's wasn't a season opener.

If this team goes on and has a good season, this win will rank high. As a statement of when the Bills arrived back in the NFL.

The previous recent wins against good teams (while great) all had a smoke and mirrors/luck element. Tipped INTs, special teams TDs, Jordy Nelson dropping a sure TD, etc. However, this game was the Bills looking like an outstanding, competent, and well-coached team beating an inferior team. The 'inferior' team happens to be an "AFC Finalist" and a popular SB pick.

If they beat the Patriots in the same fashion Sunday, look out and preserve your spot on the hypewagon. Itll be a fun ride we all deserve.

there have been few meaningful games much less meaningful wins in the last 15 years. the bills have been irrelevant. this win makes them relevant again in my eyes. yes, they could end up 7-9 and out of the playoffs but this win shows light at the end of a monstrous tunnel.

Yes it was a good win.

BUT it is still only week 1. This is a marathon and not a sprint. If you want to go out and buy Super Bowl tickets based on yesterday alone go ahead.

FYI. Andrew Luck has been blown out in his last 2 games. 45-7 and 27-14 by a 4th year player that never started or played a full NFL game.

Yes it was a good win.

BUT it is still only week 1. This is a marathon and not a sprint. If you want to go out and buy Super Bowl tickets based on yesterday alone go ahead.

FYI. Andrew Luck has been blown out in his last 2 games. 45-7 and 27-14 by a 4th year player that never started or played a full NFL game.

not sb tix but we did buy tix to the Nashville game last night. there were still face value tix for anyone considering that game: upper level 40 yard line- $62

If this team goes on and has a good season, this win will rank high. As a statement of when the Bills arrived back in the NFL.

The previous recent wins against good teams (while great) all had a smoke and mirrors/luck element. Tipped INTs, special teams TDs, Jordy Nelson dropping a sure TD, etc. However, this game was the Bills looking like an outstanding, competent, and well-coached team beating an inferior team. The 'inferior' team happens to be an "AFC Finalist" and a popular SB pick.

If they beat the Patriots in the same fashion Sunday, look out and preserve your spot on the hypewagon. Itll be a fun ride we all deserve.

Last seasons win over the Packers. Now that was a statement game. Good things to come.

It really is a tough call, that said that Colts looked pretty legit to me and yet were dominated. For the first time in years I felt all the talk about multiple threats and defenses being unable to cover everything actually came true. It looked like the Colts prepped to stop the run and, let's be fair, they did a really good job on that with maybe the exception being containing TT. Defense certainly got in Lucks head and forced him to throw earlier then he wanted, causing incompletes, defend able balls and turn overs, however the amount of sacks (2) was a bit low compared to the pressure they put on. Brady**(**) will be getting the ball out in a similar fashion, but will complete more given history; combine that with Gronk and we'll be hurting. Then again we're getting Marcel back this week.

The win was legit versus a very legit team, turnovers (Dorcell his PR fumble excluded) all forced through pressure. Refs were not on our side, that's for sure, and for once we over came that.

In the end we're still the Bills so I'll reserve judgement untill after we've won the Superbowl... ;)

Again I will state that it was a fine win, but I will rejoice and rank (2) games as the best ever in season game when the Bills SWEEP the Cheatriots.

Seeing the Colts get blown out in late Jan proves to me that, maybe they just didn't belong there.

In their defense they have won 11 games 3 straight years (or something like that). They are a good (not great) team.