Do you think Jerry Hughes is pumped for Sunday?

PromoTheRobot

hughes is over rated

always single blocked playing with 3 pro bowlers

he ain't worth $9 mil/yr

but, what's done is done

go jerry !!

While he certainly has some drawbacks (dumb penalties, breaking contain at times, etc) it is tough to spot a more explosive player on almost any team in the NFL. Everyone points to the Cleveland game where he basically set the tone for the entire defense on a single amazing play, but game in and game out he is such a big play magnet. I agree he is a product of the group he plays with, but he plays flat out in a way that few can match and takes FULL advantage of the amazing people around him. A lot of other players merely exist and collect junk sacks etc. Hughes is a playmaker, in a way that reminds me of Bryce Paup. Might not be a world beater on his own, but an absolute terror in the right circumstance. Let's just hope Hughes stays healthier.

Edited by DC Grid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over/under on 15 yard penalties for 55?

A prediction from Jerry Hughes for Andrew Luck:

MR_T_PAIN.0.png

Mr. T NEVER gets old.

hughes is over rated

he ain't worth $9 mil/yr

but, what's done is done

go jerry !!

At $9M/yr, Jerry Hughes is underpaid. We stole him at that price.

Been there, done that. Marshawn Lynch for what became Chris Hairston and Tank Carder. I didn't blame the Bills for the trade at the time, considering Lynch's potential for finding trouble off the field. He wasn't as effective for the Bills as he has been for the Seahawks. Those are the gambles you take. Win some - lose some.

And we laugh at Cleveland's Julio Jones trade.

Exactly. They haven't been without a franchise QB since 1997. They haven't a care in the world.

they actually do. Their OL. Luck gets hit - a lot. And it's partly because of his style of play and partly their issues in pass protection. He's a big guy and has been able to stay healthy thus far, but it's a big concern for them.

hughes is over rated

he ain't worth $9 mil/yr

but, what's done is done

go jerry !!

He's underrated. His athletic ability is off the charts, and he was a beast against the run last year as well. Can't wait to see him this year.

Hughes is pumped I'm sure, but Manny Lawson is gonna make everyone remember how good he was 2 years ago blocking passes, rushing and especially dropping and running with Fleener or Allen.

Indy had 18 touchdowns passes to tight ends alone last year, they make you pay if your linebackers can't cover. Our best cover LB is big Manny.

I think he carries some motivation to do well. Don't you?

Looking at the Colts board I'm struck at the lack of Hughes chat. If it were us we'd be flogging ourselves over trading a stud for garbage. I guess Colts fans are easier going or just clueless. I hope he gives them something to discuss after.

They have a QB so the doom is rarely revisited.