Robert Woods behind Harvin on depth chart?

I wouldn't read much into it.

What do you mean you wouldn't read that much into it? The team controls this depth chart posting and all the other positions are exactly as we understand them. It's an important question with all the tight end and running sets that will feature only 2 wideouts.

Woods will quickly show his ball catching acumen and we will see who TT decides to favor. Barring injuries to either, Woods will have more receptions and yards at the end of the season. I highly doubt Harvin makes it through a full season. I acknowledge Harvin's skills but still think he's a weeny and don't like the signing. I hope I'm wrong about him, even for one year.

I wouldn't read much into it.

Correct.

What do you mean you wouldn't read that much into it? The team controls this depth chart posting and all the other positions are exactly as we understand them. It's an important question with all the tight end and running sets that will feature only 2 wideouts.

I realize many people rely on the depth chart for things such as fantasy football decisions, but for the team it is really not all that important. The Bills are going to utilize so many different personnel groupings throughout the course of the game the depth chart is essentially meaningless at the skill positions (except QB).

It has been reported that Woods and Harvin are "co" #2 receivers for the Bills.

It makes plenty of sense. If he can stay healthy he could be the best player on the offense. Athletically, he's on a different level from Woods. Attitude/personality, migraines, and injuries are the questions with Harvin, ability is not.

Edited by Rob's House

My hope is this new orginazation is already figuring out or has at least discussed how to extend Woods when the time comes.

he is a part of the future, a part of a one two punch vital for this offense moving the chains for years too come. he will draw huge interest in the open market. if it ever gets to that point. Although I do not think Woods will be here past his rookie deal. Watkins if he really breaks through will also break the bank. Bigtime. There is Clay, there is Shady. Somewhere down the line painful cuts way bigger than #22's chump change contract will occur.

harvin is a one year rental and a Rex toy. That said if he doesn't implode he will be a big part of (hopefully) huge offense success this year.

This is the year.

IMO

Woods will quickly show his ball catching acumen and we will see who TT decides to favor. Barring injuries to either, Woods will have more receptions and yards at the end of the season. I highly doubt Harvin makes it through a full season. I acknowledge Harvin's skills but still think he's a weeny and don't like the signing. I hope I'm wrong about him, even for one year.

You don't like Harvin so Woods will do better?

The Bills are going to use both guys. I think that they referred to them as "2" and "2A." Harvin and Woods have different skill sets that should mesh well. They will both have opportunities to make plays. This week should be a good chance for both with Vontae Davis on Watkins.

You don't like Harvin so Woods will do better?

The Bills are going to use both guys. I think that they referred to them as "2" and "2A." Harvin and Woods have different skill sets that should mesh well. They will both have opportunities to make plays. This week should be a good chance for both with Vontae Davis on Watkins.

What bothers me about the Harvin addition is not that talent isn't being added but that it upsets the balance in the receiver corps. In his short career PH has played for four teams. His peripetetic career was certainly not due to his lack of talent. It was due to his inability to mesh with his teammates. At his last stop Harvin was such a poisonious presence in the lockerroom that it forced the organization to get rid of him. Carrol is the type of HC who can deftly manage a wide range of personalities and characters. He threw Harvin off the team in order to ease the tension. Harvin's departure helped the team get back on track. Or another way of saying it it was addition by subtraction.

Woods is an intense competitor who is not always able to control his emotions. Being in a situation where his touches will be more limited with PH in the unit will create a greater potential for disgruntlement where it already exists.

I'm not disparging Harvin's unique physical talents. That is obvious and is acknowledged. However, very often the issue is how a player embaces the team concept. In college and in the pro ranks he hasn't come close to subordinating his personal interest for the team interest. I am very queasy about him and how it relates to Woods.

Make no mistake about what I am saying here. I'm not judging anyone to be a bad guy. Based on his history I have concerns for his ability to blend in with his teammates and be a positive influence for the rest of the team.

What bothers me about the Harvin addition is not that talent isn't being added but that it upsets the balance in the receiver corps. In his short career PH has played for four teams. His peripetetic career was certainly not due to his lack of talent. It was due to his inability to mesh with his teammates. At his last stop Harvin was such a poisonious presence in the lockerroom that it forced the organization to get rid of him. Carrol is the type of HC who can deftly manage a wide range of personalities and characters. He threw Harvin off the team in order to ease the tension. Harvin's departure helped the team get back on track. Or another way of saying it it was addition by subtraction.

Woods is an intense competitor who is not always able to control his emotions. Being in a situation where his touches will be more limited with PH in the unit will create a greater potential for disgruntlement where it already exists.

I'm not disparging Harvin's unique physical talents. That is obvious and is acknowledged. However, very often the issue is how a player embaces the team concept. In college and in the pro ranks he hasn't come close to subordinating his personal interest for the team interest. I am very queasy about him and how it relates to Woods.

Make no mistake about what I am saying here. I'm not judging anyone to be a bad guy. Based on his history I have concerns for his ability to blend in with his teammates and be a positive influence for the rest of the team.

Pete Carrol was not Harvins last coach, his current coach was.

As far as Woods, he has some growing up to do. The way he handled the EJ as QB situation was not professional.

I understand that having two players who have shown a lack at times of professionalism could pose a problem. I think if anyone can handle them Rex can. Could you imagine Marrone trying to!? Talk about a sh*tshow that would of been.

I don't disagree at all except for the bolded part. After being shipped off from Seattle he was nothing short of a great teammate. That is why he is here. Will it continue? Who knows, but maybe that moment was a wake up call for him?

Each guy competes fiercely. In fact, Woods and Harvin may be the 2 toughest competitors on the roster. Maybe it will blow up? Maybe it will work well? Harvin is the more talented and Woods the more consistent and reliable. They play the game differently and may benefit from playing with that opposite skill set. In addition, Watkins is going to be a star. We haven't even seen the surface of the player that he is going to be. His presence will make their jobs easier.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Pete Carrol was not Harvins last coach, his current coach was.

As far as Woods, he has some growing up to do. The way he handled the EJ as QB situation was not professional.

I understand that having two players who have shown a lack at times of professionalism could pose a problem. I think if anyone can handle them Rex can. Could you imagine Marrone trying to!? Talk about a sh*tshow that would of been.

The point is that Pete Carrol is not considered to be a rigid and autocratic type coach. He has a history of not being afraid to bringing in "lively" personalities. The end result is that he cut him and got nothing in return. What does that suggest to you?